Ending of Aided Rebellion Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:44:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ending of Aided Rebellion Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ending of Aided Rebellion Bill  (Read 5243 times)
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« on: September 17, 2005, 07:40:17 PM »

This is interesting.  I was just about to propose new legislation to eliminate the Church Amendment.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 08:16:42 PM »

This is interesting.  I was just about to propose new legislation to eliminate the Church Amendment.

Just so we're clear, this means that I'll likely oppose this bill as well.

Description of the Cooper-Church Amendment, which has seriously inhibited the abilities of the CIA to carry out its duties.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 08:30:52 PM »

Just so we're clear, this means that I'll likely oppose this bill as well.
Really? Might I ask why? The bill only cancels the overt appropriation of money to foreign rebels; I don't think that this would in any way affect covert operations by the CIA. In any event, I would imagine that whatever authority the CIA has, it does not possess it as a result of the Atlasian Pacific Defense and Taiwanese Protection Act; thus, repealing a part of that act should not have any effect on the CIA's abilities.

While the Senator from the Southeast will agree with each statement the Vice President has just made, he cannot support any blanket elimination of a current power of the Atlasian government as it interacts with other nations on the international stage.

Alasia should be able to use any and all of its resources to protect itself and further its interests.  Whether or not it uses its power toward specific ends should be debated as such situations arise, not prohibited by legislation that will tie our hands and make impossible spontaneous decision-making tailored to specific situations as they arise.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 06:36:52 PM »

Nay
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies