Ending of Aided Rebellion Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:48:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ending of Aided Rebellion Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ending of Aided Rebellion Bill  (Read 5203 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: September 18, 2005, 07:09:06 AM »

I'll also be opposing this bill for the reasons that everyone has given already.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 01:11:49 PM »

I'm really split on this issue.  Right now, I could vote either way.  Although I think we should support democracy around the world, I still believe that we should amke Taiwain realize that they are a rebellion and that they should rejoin China.

If Taiwan rejoined China, terrible things would happen on that island. In NO WAY should Taiwan rejoin China until it becomes democratic.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 01:14:55 PM »

If Taiwan rejoined China, terrible things would happen on that island. In NO WAY should Taiwan rejoin China until it becomes democratic.
Not necessarily. Taiwan could become a Special Administrative Region like Hong Kong. I don't think that any one of us doubts that Hong Kong is much better off than the mainland.

Also, it has long been the policy of the government to recognize a One China Policy. This is even the official position of the real-life Bush Administration.

Not necessarily? Would you be willing to take that chance? I for one would not, this bill needs to be defeated and Taiwan needs to remain independent!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 06:27:34 PM »

Nay There is no way I can, in good conciounce vote for this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies