NJ-Gov 2005.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:55:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-Gov 2005.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: NJ-Gov 2005.  (Read 20544 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 20, 2005, 07:11:32 PM »
« edited: October 05, 2005, 09:02:04 PM by nickshep democRAT »

Instead of making a new thread for every poll that comes out try to keep everything in this one thread.

Rasmussen New Jersey Governor

Corzine (D) 47%
Forrester (R) 36%
Other 5%

September 19, 2005--In the race to be New Jersey's next Governor, Democrat Jon Corzine's now leads Republican Doug Forrester by eleven percentage points. That's up from an eight point advantage for Senator Corzine in August. In July, Corzine held a 12-point lead. 

The latest Rasmussen Reports election poll finds that Senator Corzine attracting 47% of the Garden State vote while Forester earns just 36%.

This is the third straight Rasmussen Reports election poll showing declining support for Doug Forrester. Immediately after being nominated, Forrester earned 40% of the statewide vote.

Overall, Corzine is viewed favorably by 41% of New Jersey voters and unfavorably by 33%. That's a slight improvement for the Democrat over the past month.

The numbers for Forrester are 34% favorable and 26% unfavorable, unchanged from a month ago. It is very unusual for two statewide candidates to have such low favorability ratings.

Forty-nine percent (49%) of Likely Voters say that New Jersey politics is more corrupt than in most other states. That's up from 47% a month ago. Six percent (6%) say it is less corrupt while 37% believe the level of corruption is typical of most other states.

Twenty-four percent (24%) say corruption will decrease if Forrester is elected. Twelve percent (12%) say it will increase.

Voters are evenly divided on the subject if Corzine wins--23% think that will lead to more corruption and 20% to less. Regardless of who wins, a majority of voters believe the level of corruption will be unchanged.

The telephone survey of 500 Likely Voters was conducted by Rasmussen Reports on September 14, 2005. The margin of sampling error is +/- 4.5 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Forty percent (40%) of survey respondents were Democrats, 30% Republican.

President Bush has a 42% Job Approval rating in New Jersey. That's down from 44% a month ago and slightly below his national Approval Ratings.

In an early look at 2008, 41% of New Jersey voters plan to vote for a Democratic Presidential candidate. Thirty-five percent (35%) will pull the GOP lever while 21% said it will depend upon the candidates nominated by each party.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 09:03:59 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2005, 09:05:54 PM by nickshep democRAT »

Corzines latest spot tries to tie Forrester to Bush.  IMO, its a sign of desperation by the Corzine campaign.  The question is... Will it work?

Watch the video...
Cashcow

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 09:06:32 PM »

Desperation? Anyone who thinks that Corzine will lose is delusional. I stick to my original prediction of 54-45, though it will probably be closer to 51-47 or something along those lines.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 09:14:04 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2005, 09:16:13 PM by Scoonie »

Corzines latest spot tries to tie Forrester to Bush.  IMO, its a sign of desperation by the Corzine campaign.  The question is... Will it work?

Republicans have made a living out of tying Democrats to MoveOn.org and Michael Moore and every other demonized group, yet no one calls that desperation.

A lot of Republicans will be tied to Bush/Rove/Delay/Abramoff over the next year.

By the way, Rasmussen has a new poll on this race coming out tomorrow morning.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 09:20:13 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2005, 09:22:34 PM by nickshep democRAT »

Desperation? Anyone who thinks that Corzine will lose is delusional. I stick to my original prediction of 54-45, though it will probably be closer to 51-47 or something along those lines.

I never said he was going to lose, but dragging Bush into a state election like this doesnt make much sense too me.  Its probably a good campaign strategy given Bush's lack of popularity, but Bush really is not relevant in this campaign.  IMO, its a sign of desperation.  Corzine has been slipping in the polls lately.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 09:25:23 PM »

That's a good ad.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 09:25:48 PM »

IMO, its a sign of desperation.  Corzine has been slipping in the polls lately.

It is. Corzine is sinking and maybe this means I am delusional, cashcow, but I think it's very possible that he will lose. Forrester has some great tax ads up and one ad with just Dems complaining about Corzine and Co.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 09:29:44 PM »

It is. Corzine is sinking and maybe this means I am delusional, cashcow, but I think it's very possible that he will lose. Forrester has some great tax ads up and one ad with just Dems complaining about Corzine and Co.

IMO, Corzines tax ad's are better.  He has one that nails Forrester for being the only candidate in this race to have raised property taxes (200%).

Forresters 'Democrats for Forrester'/Corruption ad's are good though.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 09:31:22 PM »

IMO, Corzines tax ad's are better.  He has one that nails Forrester for being the only candidate in this race to have raised property taxes (200%).

Forresters 'Democrats for Forrester'/Corruption ad's are good though.

Forrester has an ad out about Corzine voting for a tax hikes and stressing his 30-in-3 plan.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 09:32:31 PM »

There is also an ad with Kean, Sr. offering his full endorsement of Forrester. That should help.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 11:45:07 PM »

Corzine's anti Bush ads are a little curious to me.  I think it is a tad bit rash to so stridently bash Bush in a state in which he won 46%.  It is an interesting tactic to attack many voters' sensibilities to boost the total vote count.  His ads would have been a lot more useful if they weren't so strident and a bit more subtle. 
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 11:47:29 PM »

Corzine's anti Bush ads are a little curious to me.  I think it is a tad bit rash to so stridently bash Bush in a state in which he won 46%.  It is an interesting tactic to attack many voters' sensibilities to boost the total vote count.  His ads would have been a lot more useful if they weren't so strident and a bit more subtle. 

This may be more relevant than what Bush's Kerry bashing got him last November.

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 11:59:14 PM »

Most voters are smart enough to distinguish that Forrester is not Bush and W has little real relevancy to the election.  Some voters might, however, disapprove of being taking so strongly to task for voting for Bush.  The ads seemd a bit too coarse to me.

NJ is a heavy lean Democratic state and Corzine has a massive funding edge.  There is no reason, other than Corzine himself, why he should not win the race.  Here is to an upset victory.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2005, 12:25:30 AM »

I want it to be close... but I kind of want Corzine to win. Kean Jr. is going to SMOKE Menendez.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2005, 11:14:43 AM »

I want it to be close... but I kind of want Corzine to win. Kean Jr. is going to SMOKE Menendez.

I'd like Kean to smoke Menendez but he could also beat Corzine if he can't win this Gubernatorial election. Plus, NJ needs a Governor like Forrester to get working on the serious problems over there. The state is a mess.
Cashcow

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2005, 02:20:50 PM »

When has New Jersey not been a corrupt state?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 04:55:43 PM »

Brand new Rasmussen poll:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2005/New%20Jersey%20Governor_October%206.htm

Corzine 45%
Forrester 38%
Other 5%
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2005, 05:07:50 PM »

Was this conducted this week? As if it's not bad enough for Corzine that he is only up seven, the fact that this might have been taken this week shows that the Clinton trip and the anti-Bush/Forrester ad did nothing for him.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2005, 05:12:00 PM »

Was this conducted this week? As if it's not bad enough for Corzine that he is only up seven, the fact that this might have been taken this week shows that the Clinton trip and the anti-Bush/Forrester ad did nothing for him.

Looks like the poll was conducted October 4th.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2005, 05:21:24 PM »

Looks like the poll was conducted October 4th.

Corzine is in some serious trouble. His Bush ad has been up for about a week and the Clinton visit was supposed to give him a boost.
Cashcow

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2005, 07:37:11 PM »

You should be praying for a Corzine win so that your party can pick up a Senate seat.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2005, 07:39:09 PM »

You should be praying for a Corzine win so that your party can pick up a Senate seat.

If he loses the gubernatorial race I don't think he wins senate re-election.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2005, 07:40:54 PM »

If Corzine blows this race, Kean can beat him in a Senate race. Kean is stronger than Forrester.
Cashcow

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2005, 08:13:34 PM »

If he has any balls he'll retire immediately.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2005, 08:28:35 PM »

If he has any balls he'll retire immediately.

Right, so that way the GOP has control of the seat for an extra 24 months.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies