Do you consider yourself anti-communist and/or anti-fascist?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:22:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you consider yourself anti-communist and/or anti-fascist?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do you consider yourself anti-communist and/or anti-fascist?
anti-communist

anti-fascist

both

neither

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Do you consider yourself anti-communist and/or anti-fascist?  (Read 4700 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 04:52:04 PM »

By anti-fascism, I staunchly oppose eugenics, theocracy, state mandated abortion, euthanasia and suppression of religion.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2007, 08:44:46 AM »

The "anti-fascist" movement of today's youth culture is a disgusting joke, btw.

Strongly, Strongly Agree. But otherwise strongly Anti-Authoritian; so obviously opposed to Fascism and Marxist-Leninism and alot of schools of Anarcho-Syndalism. So I guess both somewhat.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2007, 08:49:46 AM »

Strongly, Strongly Agree. But otherwise strongly Anti-Authoritian; so obviously opposed to Fascism and Marxist-Leninism and alot of schools of Anarcho-Syndalism. So I guess both somewhat.

As someone who was called a 'fascist' by some right-on twat in political studies for saying that we ought to take action to tackle homophobia within the Muslim and black communities I have to agree with you 100% on that.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 08:56:27 AM »

As someone who was called a 'fascist' by some right-on twat in political studies for saying that we ought to take action to tackle homophobia within the Muslim and black communities I have to agree with you 100% on that.

LOL. Why does that not surprise me?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 11:28:01 AM »

But you don't oppose authoritarians like Ralph Nader and James Dobson...
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2007, 11:36:39 AM »

But you don't oppose authoritarians like Ralph Nader and James Dobson...

I absolutely oppose Authoritarianism as a political force, yes, that does not mean I oppose people expressing opinions like Nader or Dobson; or running for office like Nader.

You do realize that people like you are one of the reasons of the rise of the Religious right in America? You are the total "liberal" student cliche who fawns over his vices and condemns those he doesn't (Cigarette anyone?) - add about 10 years on your life, a marriage to "a nice girl" and a move to suburbia and we have the perfect Republican.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2007, 12:30:28 PM »

Yeah, he's kinda right. We sorta did lose the  Ohio River Valley and the military vote because of those types of behaviors during Vietnam. I mean, because of him, Americans went from totally disgusted with traditionalism to orchestrating the Reagan Revolution in just 10 years. People are again disgusted with the right, but if we act like a bunch of wierdos, we will lose this oppurtunity as well. Luckily, the way right wing activists have been actings like geeks, creeps, wierdos, retards and assholes (like the way we used to, but they come off incredibily creepy doing it), the bar might be set a little lower this time.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2007, 10:07:15 PM »

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2007, 10:16:32 PM »

I absolutely oppose Authoritarianism as a political force, yes, that does not mean I oppose people expressing opinions like Nader or Dobson; or running for office like Nader.

Me too. However I will also never vote or give support in any way to people like Nader and Dobson.

You do realize that people like you are one of the reasons of the rise of the Religious right in America? You are the total "liberal" student cliche who fawns over his vices and condemns those he doesn't (Cigarette anyone?)

What does that have to do with the religious right?

- add about 10 years on your life, a marriage to "a nice girl" and a move to suburbia and we have the perfect Republican.

I will NEVER move to the suburbs, and I know lots of people over 30 in Minneapolis, so it's hardly inevetible.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2007, 05:30:22 PM »

I plan on moving to the suburbs though and I have a lot of my wife's family in the suburbs and at times I am scolded as being too conservative by them. Tongue
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2007, 08:33:15 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Everything; the power of the Religious right stems from a reaction against the 60s counterculture as it moved into the 70s managed to alienate more and more people from it... as it was becoming yet another manufactured media conciousness. You are an example of that. (Note how Falwell et al didn't really appear until the 70s. Before that there was the likes of Billy Graham, which isn't quite the same.)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

All those hippies said that too.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »

I'm sure the people over 30 in Minneapolis also said so...and they didn't move to the suburbs.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies