Is Rick Santorum the Ted Kennedy of the right
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:00:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is Rick Santorum the Ted Kennedy of the right
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Is Rick Santorum the Ted Kennedy of the right
Yes

No

Sometimes

Unsure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Is Rick Santorum the Ted Kennedy of the right  (Read 3239 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2005, 11:28:32 PM »

Santorum: Bad Senator
Ted Kennedy: Good Senator, Bad Date
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2005, 11:34:53 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2005, 11:38:43 PM by J. J. »

Santorum:  Reasonably good Senator

Ted Kennedy:  Reasonably drunk and bad Senator (and a terrible date)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2005, 03:13:00 AM »

Santorum, who shames Italian-Americans every day, has committed enough faux pas to earn himself the moniker Ted Kennedy of the right.

He's Irish, too (but I am not).

Did not know that (BARF).  I also have the stone of Pat Toomey as well.  Well, you know Nancy D'Alessandro (I mean Pelosi) is Italian as well Phil.  She balances Santorum out there! Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2005, 11:25:52 PM »

but what amazes me is that right-wingers consider the death of some commoner important.

No Comment is needed

Their ideology should make it perfectly acceptable to them for a rich man like Kennedy to drown poor women all day long, particularly ones of 'immoral' character such as this one.
Get your facts straight.

As I said, I know nothing about it.  Why should I?  I don't care about polititians private lives.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2005, 05:25:27 PM »

Santorum is much more of an extremist than Ted Kennedy is. Santorum also has way more stupid/hateful quotes than Kennedy.

Yeah but when it comes down to who you'd rather go over a bridge in a car with, I think we'd all be in full support of the junior Senator from PA.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2005, 05:32:19 PM »

but what amazes me is that right-wingers consider the death of some commoner important.

No Comment is needed

Their ideology should make it perfectly acceptable to them for a rich man like Kennedy to drown poor women all day long, particularly ones of 'immoral' character such as this one.
Get your facts straight.

As I said, I know nothing about it.  Why should I?  I don't care about polititians private lives.
Then quit making assinine comments about them.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2005, 05:58:49 PM »

No Comment is needed

Get your facts straight.

Then quit making assinine comments about them.

The comment was a general one about the unimportance of one working-class life, both realistically speaking given our social heirarchy, and in particular in the view of the GOP advocates of owning class dominance.

It didn't only apply to whatever fictions have been invented about poor old Ted by the right wing press, but rather to the whole phenomenon of interactions between the elite and the menial toiling classes.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2005, 09:59:00 PM »

Ted kennedy is a well-known political figure revered by the left and despised by the right for his overwhelmingly liberal views.

Rick Santorum is a well known political figure revered by the right and despised by the left for his overwhelmingly conservative views.

This in mind......I'd say yes.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2005, 08:32:09 PM »

I'd say no.  The title of the Ted Kennedy of the right belongs more to Pat Robertson, or somebody like that, than Rick Santorum, in my opinion.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2005, 08:39:30 PM »

I'd say no.  The title of the Ted Kennedy of the right belongs more to Pat Robertson, or somebody like that, than Rick Santorum, in my opinion.

How ridiculous.  Ted Kennedy isn't even as left wing as Santorum is right-wing, much less a proper mirror of Robertson!

dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2005, 08:49:25 PM »

How ridiculous.  Ted Kennedy isn't even as left wing as Santorum is right-wing, much less a proper mirror of Robertson!

In your little world, Ted Kennedy is right-wing.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2005, 08:51:13 PM »

He is certainly very close to being centrist, yes.  Barely left of center at all.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2005, 08:55:16 PM »

He is certainly very close to being centrist, yes.  Barely left of center at all.

I thought so.
TX_1824
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2005, 11:33:30 AM »

No. Ted Kennedy is insane while Rick Santorum is only mildly disturbing.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2005, 11:34:43 AM »

What's the difference between Rick Santorum and Pat Robertson? Santorum said gays are no better than people who committ beastiality.
MissCatholic

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2005, 11:40:56 AM »

What's the difference between Rick Santorum and Pat Robertson? Santorum said gays are no better than people who committ beastiality.

It would be a great day for democracy if Kennedy and Santorum lost their senate seat in 2006.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies