Arkansas - Tie - Rasmussen Reports (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:35:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Arkansas - Tie - Rasmussen Reports (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arkansas - Tie - Rasmussen Reports  (Read 6550 times)
pieman
Rookie

« on: May 03, 2004, 04:13:38 PM »

hmm.  excluding favorite son bill clinton, arkansas last voted democratic in 1976.

the virginia trending democratic argument is vastly overstated.

I agree. Arkansas and Virginia remain strong GOP.

Seems to me that Rasmussen's polling is all over the place. Thats what you get from small, one day samples. I think he likes it that way because it gets his polling noticed. Particularly this early in the race when there is no way to confirm if he is right or wrong. If I recall correctly the same thing occurred in 2000.
pieman
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 08:45:17 PM »

hmm.  excluding favorite son bill clinton, arkansas last voted democratic in 1976.

Seems to me that Rasmussen's polling is all over the place. Thats what you get from small, one day samples. I think he likes it that way because it gets his polling noticed. Particularly this early in the race when there is no way to confirm if he is right or wrong. If I recall correctly the same thing occurred in 2000.

They can't remain strong GOP, since they weren't in 2000... Tongue

Point to Gustaf.

The newbie twists in the wind as Gustaf cuts him down to size and Vorlon tallies the score. Angry

For the record, Virginia was +8% and Arkansas was +5% in 2000, and there is no reason to believe they will be any stronger or weaker relative to the national average result in 2004.

Strong is such a relative term . . .
What ever the term, these states will trend GOP just as much in 2004 as in 2000.

Perhaps the word strong was too strong? Smiley
pieman
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 11:38:07 AM »

They can't remain strong GOP, since they weren't in 2000... Tongue

Point to Gustaf.

The newbie twists in the wind as Gustaf cuts him down to size and Vorlon tallies the score. Angry

For the record, Virginia was +8% and Arkansas was +5% in 2000, and there is no reason to believe they will be any stronger or weaker relative to the national average result in 2004.

Strong is such a relative term . . .
What ever the term, these states will trend GOP just as much in 2004 as in 2000.

Perhaps the word strong was too strong? Smiley

Watch out for Gustaf.. he's a killer.. Cheesy

Hey! I'm a nice guy... Sad

I think that any state that is 8% or lower is not strong...a swing of 4% would win it for Kerry, that's not much. A margin of say 52-48 would be enough to put Arkansas in play, for instance. And there are signs of VA trending Dem.

Personally I think that a state must have a MoV of at least 10% to be considered strong. But we all have different defintions...I don't know if I remembered to welcome you to the forum, if not I will now. Smiley Welcome to the forum. Smiley

Thanks for the welcome, Gustaf.

pieman
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 12:19:00 PM »

If you are interested in another view of what the SOUTH is take a look at this article.

Ten Regions of the US
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies