Corzine campaign in trouble. Former President Bill Clinton called in to help. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:37:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Corzine campaign in trouble. Former President Bill Clinton called in to help. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Corzine campaign in trouble. Former President Bill Clinton called in to help.  (Read 3682 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: September 29, 2005, 02:59:06 PM »

"NJ is a lock with Corzine."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 04:05:14 PM »

i hope to goodness corzine goes down. 

He will, along with every other candidate Clinton has campaigned for since 2000.

He campaigned for Allyson Schwartz and we all saw how that turned out.

I don't remember him coming here but even if he did, it wasn't a high profile visit like the other visits Tweed is referring to.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 05:29:54 PM »

Even with these recent polls, I expect Corzine to win 58-41

We like to keep these conversations serious...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 02:06:41 PM »

"Corzine needs to bring in big names instead of talking about the big issues. New Jersey cannot afford Jon Corzine."  That's all one ad has to say to counter Clinton's visit. Corzine can use Clinton in his ads but whenever the issues are brought up, Forrester is the clear winner.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 05:11:39 PM »

Maybe this is Forrorsters chance to get some help from big time Republicans like Rudy or Gingrich.

I read an article about McCain visiting the Garden State sometime this month. Rudy would help Forrester, too.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 11:53:02 PM »

And Forrester's still around and not-disgraced so he can win Lautenberg's seat in '08.

That might just happen. Lautenberg is doing some serious fundraising so I guess he is running for re-election. Bad move for him since his ratings aren't so hot.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 12:03:52 AM »

Didn't he suggest back in '82 that Millicent Fenwick was too old to be a Senator?  She was 72 at the time.  Lautenberg's going to be 84 in 2008.  Sheesh.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened and he'll get hammered for it in '08. It will work, too, if his weak numbers last. It's three years away but if it stays, he'll be going.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2005, 05:32:28 PM »

I don't think Lautenburg will run again in 2008, but it's a small possibility.

Hopefully, Richard Codey and Rob Andrews will be the next two senators from NJ.

Lautenberg is already fundraising.

Codey and Andrews might just get to be the next Senators from NJ but here's the most likely scenario in which that happens - Corzine wins this November, appoints Codey as a place holder who doesn't run in '06, Andrews runs for the seat, wins a tough primary and wins the general but it'll be very tough against Kean.

If Lautenberg decides against a run in 2008 (for whatever reason) Andrews will likely run for the open seat and would be a favorite. I don't see Codey running for any higher office.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005, 06:28:15 PM »

He's alright. Even the GOP doesn't mind him that much.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Eh...I don't think so. He's definetley not as bad as McGreevey, Menendez, etc.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Very good.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies