Q & A with Mr. Hobbes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:33:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Q & A with Mr. Hobbes
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Q & A with Mr. Hobbes  (Read 922 times)
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 21, 2004, 11:24:17 PM »
« edited: July 22, 2004, 12:04:20 AM by Mr. Hobbes »

In the interest of equal time and egotism...erm....the need for the people to understand the differences between myself and Mr. King, I'm opening this thread to questions as well.

Edited: You do not have to be in the Fifth District to ask questions, and feel free to ask away.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 11:26:24 PM »

Why are you restricting questions to district 5?
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 11:34:18 PM »

Ah, that is a problem.  I mis-read your Q&A thread when you said you *don't* have to be in the Fifth District.

So, no matter what district...fire away!
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 01:48:59 AM »

What, as a senator, would you do differently than me, the incumbent?
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 08:46:38 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Firstly, I fear that this is a question that that I cannot answer in full because of my inexperience in Atlasian politics, and my relative inactivity on the forums other than in the What-if Section.

However, I believe that I can turn my neophytism into a positive, just as Jimmy Carter, when seeking the 1976 Democratic nomination turned issues with his personality and lifestyle that would normally be greeted as negatives into positives.

He turned his lack of a law degree and his lack of being a sitting governor into credentials that lead to his dramatic election in November.

And I believe that I can turn my realtive newbie-ness into an asset for the people of the Fifth District.

I will seek common sense solutions and avoid negative bickering.  I will propose massive overhauls of governmental policy that has dramatically failed to serve the people: especially Atlasia's inability to solve the Social Security crisis to our satisfaction.

I plan to be the people's Senator.  My IM will always be open for an Atlasian citizen, whether they are in the Fifth District or not.  I will listen attentively, perhaps disagree, but always listen to the concerns of all Atlasians, whether they be members of the government or the common citizen, who is, after all, even more important.

I will not forget that our policies we pass and the legislation that we approve will effect over two hundred and eighty million people.

I will not make any deals with special interest groups, or back down on a bill or amendment that I support do to political pressure.

And I will never tell a lie, and I will avoid a controversial issue.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies