My beliefs summarized (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:40:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  My beliefs summarized (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My beliefs summarized  (Read 1461 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 01, 2005, 09:20:59 PM »

HANDS OFF MY CIRCLE
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 11:45:47 PM »

This video describes a lot of what I believe in.

Except the not intervening with social policy part?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 11:51:15 PM »

This video describes a lot of what I believe in.

Except the not intervening with social policy part?

The social policy I believe in intervening in is for the betterment of society as a whole.

Which is the same reason economic liberals believe what they do, for the most part.

Your social views are no more in tune with the video than liberals' economic views are.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 04:19:49 PM »

I'm curious if you actually have opinions of your own or if your entire belief system is just a bunch of articles stuck together. Tongue

You never responded to my post in another topic in which I made an argument that anarchy is ultimately unsustainable due to the nature of human beings.

I could hav wasted my time pharaphrasing them, but give me a good reason to?
And maybe I haven't sen it...

Well, to be fair, most people do not base their belief system on articles, but rather their own thoughts, and are perfectly capable of summarising them in a more brief function.

I'm afraid almost all of the articles you post are verbose and seem to treat any disagreement with them as layman's syndrome.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 04:27:47 PM »

I'm curious if you actually have opinions of your own or if your entire belief system is just a bunch of articles stuck together. Tongue

You never responded to my post in another topic in which I made an argument that anarchy is ultimately unsustainable due to the nature of human beings.

Well, to be fair, most people do not base their belief system on articles, but rather their own thoughts, and are perfectly capable of summarising them in a more brief function.

I'm afraid almost all of the articles you post are verbose and seem to treat any disagreement with them as layman's syndrome.

Err, I can perfectly summarize my belief system, but if I know someone who treats objections against it in a better way than I do, I think I'm only helping myself by using that way.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

I wasn't trying to be rude, but people have in the past made it clear that they are frustrated by being unable to reply to your posts because of the quantity of articles you post to defend your positions, which take too much time to read.  You haven't done much to alleviate those concerns.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 04:52:46 PM »

I don't mean any offense by that comment, but it's mainly that 99% of your arguments are in the form of some long article that someone else wrote.  It makes debate very difficult when we have to argue with a bunch of people who are not present.

If pressed, I could make an argument myself, and I have had pretty long debates somewhere else where i made most everything, but this is a lot easier. It's not incapacity, it's laziness.

Well, it comes off as more than a little inconsiderate to expect people to go through so much effort to read the articles and respond to them when you don't go through much of any.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies