NARALs letter to Harriet Miers on 26th June 2005
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:16:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NARALs letter to Harriet Miers on 26th June 2005
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NARALs letter to Harriet Miers on 26th June 2005  (Read 1699 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 03, 2005, 09:55:02 AM »

Under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. 552, I am requesting records or descriptions of any contacts between your office, the office of Karl Rove, or any other White House employee with any of the groups named below concerning Judge John Roberts prior to his nomination to the Supreme Court.

Given the pressing nature of this information, and the upcoming U.S. Senate hearings on Mr. Roberts’ nomination, I ask that you consider this request on an expedited basis. Surely, the American people have a right to the same information regarding a potential Supreme Court Justice as do representatives of ideological pressure groups.

We request information regarding contacts with any of the following groups:

American Society for Law and Justice
American Values
Christian Coalition
Committee for Justice
Concerned Women for America
Family Research Council
Focus on the Family
Heritage Foundation
Judicial Confirmation Network
National Right to Life Committee
Operation Rescue
Progress for America
Third Branch Conference
Traditional Values Coalition
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 09:57:14 AM »

Uhhh . . . so?  Sounds like you are fishing here.
MissCatholic

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 10:02:02 AM »

Its interesting that Pat Robertsons lawyer was one of the four lawyers to speak with the president. Do you have any word what robertson thinks and the above groups.

If they support her, then i wont.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 10:10:28 AM »

Its interesting that Pat Robertsons lawyer was one of the four lawyers to speak with the president. Do you have any word what robertson thinks and the above groups.

Nice logic you have there.  Let me try it.  Byrd and Kennedy supported a bill, therefore I won't.  Hey, this is cool.  Let me try another one.  Missy says something is very bad, therefore it must be good.  OOOH, goodie! 
MissCatholic

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 10:17:58 AM »

Nice logic you have there.  Let me try it.  Byrd and Kennedy supported a bill, therefore I won't.  Hey, this is cool.  Let me try another one.  Missy says something is very bad, therefore it must be good.  OOOH, goodie! 

what was the last good thing pat robertson said?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 10:19:42 AM »

Assasinate Hugo Chavez
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 10:27:50 AM »

HAHAHAHA

I don't know.  I don't listen to Pat Robertson.  That doesn't mean his lawyer(s) might not have something good to say.
MissCatholic

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 10:42:45 AM »

HAHAHAHA

I don't know.  I don't listen to Pat Robertson.  That doesn't mean his lawyer(s) might not have something good to say.

bush listens to pat robertson. thats what matters. his lawyer called blanche lincoln, mary landrieu and mark pryor far left liberals on hannity and colmes so its important what he thinks. if he loves her. i wont.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 10:46:18 AM »

bush listens to pat robertson. thats what matters. his lawyer called blanche lincoln, mary landrieu and mark pryor far left liberals on hannity and colmes so its important what he thinks. if he loves her. i wont.

He also has listened to Kennedy, Reid, and Clinton.  So what's your point?  You should be glad that he listens to a lot of people.  There is, of course, listening to someone and being in the pocket of someone.  It has been obvious that he is not in Robertsons, Kennedy's, Reid's, or Clintons pocket, so there is no harm to hearing what others have to say.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 10:47:12 AM »

Smiley
MissCatholic

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 10:51:03 AM »

He also has listened to Kennedy, Reid, and Clinton.  So what's your point?  You should be glad that he listens to a lot of people.  There is, of course, listening to someone and being in the pocket of someone.  It has been obvious that he is not in Robertsons, Kennedy's, Reid's, or Clintons pocket, so there is no harm to hearing what others have to say.

Why are you comparing Hillary Clinton to Ted Kennedy. Hillary is one of the few democrats that has supported the war while kennedy has blasted the war. Hillary has done more for social republicans than any other liberal democrat in the seante yet you chose to compare them?

Do you have a crush on hillary?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2005, 10:55:25 AM »

Why are you comparing Hillary Clinton to Ted Kennedy. Hillary is one of the few democrats that has supported the war while kennedy has blasted the war. Hillary has done more for social republicans than any other liberal democrat in the seante yet you chose to compare them?

I was actually referring to Bill.  Killary is a different rash all together.
MissCatholic

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2005, 11:05:20 AM »

I was actually referring to Bill.  Killary is a different rash all together.

Hillary is a rash? Why?

Please give me reasons why you hate the senator. Has she done a bad job for New Yorkers? Is she a bad parent? Has she done nothing for social republicans? Can you name me a liberal democrat who is more supportive of the war in iraq?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 11:08:53 AM »

Hillary is a rash? Why?

Please give me reasons why you hate the senator. Has she done a bad job for New Yorkers? Is she a bad parent? Has she done nothing for social republicans? Can you name me a liberal democrat who is more supportive of the war in iraq?

I am not going to repeat something which I have explained to you numerous times in the past.  Now, quit changing to the topic, spinster.

MissCatholic

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 11:19:12 AM »

Hillary is a rash? Why?

I am not going to repeat something which I have explained to you numerous times in the past.  Now, quit changing to the topic, spinster.

you hate hillary more than you hate the terrorists.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2005, 11:32:00 AM »

you hate hillary more than you hate the terrorists.

*dies laughin*
MissCatholic

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 11:33:28 AM »

well you have more hatred for Killary (as you call her) than the terrorists? do you have any nice names for them?

MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 11:40:47 AM »

well you have more hatred for Killary (as you call her) than the terrorists? do you have any nice names for them?

To apease you, no, I hate terrorists more than Killary.  And no, terrorists are just that, terrorists.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies