Bush Approvals on the rebound
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:10:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bush Approvals on the rebound
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bush Approvals on the rebound  (Read 3241 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2005, 08:38:01 PM »

Ok.

SUSA and MD haven't had a new poll for a long time.
Not inciting argument, just sayin'

If we would rather go by those polls, then we don't really know anything right now.

Additional Options...er, the results of the other ones are encouraging for people like me.

Also, I am confused by your aversion to the FOX News poll.  I do consider the source ( I never watch the channel); but it says nothing about their public opinion polling.  If the polling was a shill for Bush, then they wouldn't have let him get down to 41%.

etc.

Well, in any case, it would be usefull to have more polls out so that bad polling agencies don't screw up the statistics.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2005, 09:30:14 PM »

Pardon my ignorance, but er, uh, what exactly did he do exactly?  Most presidents have something they've done that the public likes to earn approval ratings.  Was it handling Hurricane Rita or confirmation of Roberts?
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2005, 09:40:22 PM »

Pardon my ignorance, but er, uh, what exactly did he do exactly?  Most presidents have something they've done that the public likes to earn approval ratings.  Was it handling Hurricane Rita or confirmation of Roberts?

I think its lack of meaningful progress in Iraq thats driving people to dissaprove as of late.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2005, 10:17:45 PM »

The Delay indictment has been covered as a political prosecution, roberts breezed, Rita and the wildfires recieved mostly positive coverage.  The Frist investigation is just getting going and has not recieved much coverage.

Despite some people calling it a bad week for theRepublicans, it was really a pretty good week for the man in the White House.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2005, 10:23:29 PM »

A major thing that's kind of happened under the radar is that Katrina was actually not nearly so bad-- at least in human terms-- as was originally thought. The two "winners" that I see from that emerging reality are 1) the people of New Orleans and 2) the politicians directly involved.

Bush, however, was assigned less blame by the public, according to polls, than Nagin or Blanco. So the damage was somewhat limited, and what was done is receding. The news out of Iraq has gotten slightly less bad. The Roberts confirmation was a massive victory, handed to him on a platter by the 22 Democrats voting 'no.'

If oil prices can be brought down some and stabilized, by early next year Bush could be in decent shape. His ratings will never be sky high again, nor is that unusual (as the pertinent election becomes more remote, approval tends to decline).
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2005, 07:23:58 AM »

He's got hairs on his feet Sad that man. I've come to the conclusion that he could roll down in sh**t and come up smelling of roses. Has he been "misunderestimated" again?

Dave
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2005, 07:33:46 AM »

As expected.  Not even Bush could stay in the lower 40's for too long.

I remember when Jimmy Carter's approval rating was 22%.  I think that's the worst in recorded history.  It can get a lot worse than the low 40s under the right circumstances.

If I have said it once....

Truman left office with a 19% approval rating.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2005, 09:55:12 AM »

As expected.  Not even Bush could stay in the lower 40's for too long.

I remember when Jimmy Carter's approval rating was 22%.  I think that's the worst in recorded history.  It can get a lot worse than the low 40s under the right circumstances.

If I have said it once....

Truman left office with a 19% approval rating.

Wow.  I knew Truman was unpopular at the end of his term, but I didn't realize just how unpopular.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies