The Hillary Test - would you support or not support?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:18:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The Hillary Test - would you support or not support?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Hillary Test - would you support or not support?  (Read 1547 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 03, 2005, 12:05:27 PM »

Below is a list of things that Hillary stands for. So how many of the 10 do you support?

1. Hillary led efforts to make adoption easier and increase support for families in the adoption and foster care system. I SUPPORT

2. To increase funding for breast cancer research and treatment and for children’s vaccinations. I SUPPORT

3. She has introduced the Count Every Vote Act of 2005 to provide a verified paper ballot for every vote cast in electronic voting machines. I SUPPORT

4. Set a uniform standard for provisional ballots, and require the Federal Election Assistance Commission to issue standards that ensure uniform access to voting machines and election personnel in every community.
I SUPPORT

5. Senator Clinton co-sponsored legislation enacted in 2004 to extend tax credits to communities that can help businesses in regions designated as Renewal Communities. I SUPPORT

6.She sponsored legislation to increase America’s commitment against Global AIDS, and is now leading the fight for expanded use of information technology in the health care system to decrease administrative costs and reduce medical errors. I SUPPORT

7. She authored legislation that has been enacted to improve recruitment and retention of nurses, to improve quality and lower the cost of prescription drugs, and to protect our food supply from bioterrorism. I SUPPORT

8. Hillary led efforts to ensure the safety of prescription drugs for children, with legislation now included in the Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act I SUPPORT

9. She worked to strengthen the Children’s Health Insurance Program which increased coverage for children in low income and working families, and helps schools address environmental hazards. I SUPPORT

10. She has introduced legislation to provide for direct and threat-based homeland security funding to ensure that first responders and high-target communities have the resources they need. I SUPPORT.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 12:07:35 PM »

I support all of that.

However I do not support her prudery. Or her power-hungriness, or her carpetbagging.
MissCatholic

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 12:13:23 PM »

I support all of that.

However I do not support her prudery. Or her power-hungriness, or her carpetbagging.

i dont get this. you support everything she does as a senator. but you dont support her because she is ambitious. Is John McCain not the same? Does any national republican or democratic governor or senator get more abuse from the other side than her?

Every politician wants power. we no-longer have people in politics who do whats right for the people and not whats good for themselves. take a look at the amount of pork thats increased.

Hillary Clinton is the punchbag for fox and other media outlets. but their assessment of her is very unfair. its a sad day for amercia when people say hillary is powerhungray but the rest of the people who want to be president arent.

Rupert Murdoch has never lost an election and it looks like it will continue in 08.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 12:16:52 PM »

It's easy to cherry pick a list of actions (without listing the details of what the actual provisions say) and trash people for saying no.  Nice try though.
MissCatholic

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 12:17:26 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2005, 12:18:58 PM by MissCatholic »

It's easy to cherry pick a list of actions (without listing the details of what the actual provisions say) and trash people for saying no.  Nice try though.

f**k off

we are nothing without a strong military - whats hillary doing. yes shes trashing it isnt she modu.

SHES DESTROYING AMERICA. KILLARY THE BITCH
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 12:19:01 PM »

off

I'm sorry if we are not as stupid/blind as you wish we were.
MissCatholic

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 12:20:16 PM »

off

I'm sorry if we are not as stupid/blind as you wish we were.

STUPID/BLIND?

who did you vote for again in 2004?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 01:03:07 PM »

STUPID/BLIND?

who did you vote for again in 2004?

Obviously not for you.  Cheesy
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 01:29:01 PM »

1. Quote please, specific legislation maybe

2. Don't support

3. Don't support

4. Don't support

5. Don't Support

6. Don't Support

7. Again, specific legislation maybe

8. Don't support

9. Don't support

10. Don't support

Was this supposed to prove something?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 01:47:28 PM »

I support all of that.

All politicians are power hungry and I would support her in a general however she would get killed in a general.  I agree with the new found prudery and carpetbagging though.  And for those who will come back at me with Allyson Schwartz, there is a difference between less than a mile and having overlapping districts and 1500 miles.  Allyson has familiarity with large parts of PA 13 while Hillary had none with NY in 2000.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 03:07:28 PM »

Below is a list of things that Hillary stands for. So how many of the 10 do you support?

1. Hillary led efforts to make adoption easier and increase support for families in the adoption and foster care system. I SUPPORT

2. To increase funding for breast cancer research and treatment and for children’s vaccinations. I SUPPORT

3. She has introduced the Count Every Vote Act of 2005 to provide a verified paper ballot for every vote cast in electronic voting machines. I SUPPORT

4. Set a uniform standard for provisional ballots, and require the Federal Election Assistance Commission to issue standards that ensure uniform access to voting machines and election personnel in every community.
I SUPPORT

5. Senator Clinton co-sponsored legislation enacted in 2004 to extend tax credits to communities that can help businesses in regions designated as Renewal Communities. I SUPPORT

6.She sponsored legislation to increase America’s commitment against Global AIDS, and is now leading the fight for expanded use of information technology in the health care system to decrease administrative costs and reduce medical errors. I SUPPORT

7. She authored legislation that has been enacted to improve recruitment and retention of nurses, to improve quality and lower the cost of prescription drugs, and to protect our food supply from bioterrorism. I SUPPORT

8. Hillary led efforts to ensure the safety of prescription drugs for children, with legislation now included in the Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act I SUPPORT

9. She worked to strengthen the Children’s Health Insurance Program which increased coverage for children in low income and working families, and helps schools address environmental hazards. I SUPPORT

10. She has introduced legislation to provide for direct and threat-based homeland security funding to ensure that first responders and high-target communities have the resources they need. I SUPPORT.

and you people thought the bushies were big spenders?  she'll make this neocon crowd look like cheap dates, by comparison.  Government just keeps growing, and growing, and growing...
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 02:19:04 PM »

You could probably list ten attributes about nearly every person existing that the majority of people would agree with.  That is, however, only a component of who they are.  I may agree with James Dobson that America has an unhealthy obsession with sex and violence, in addition to nine other unobjectionable things, but that doesn't prove that I am similar to them philosophically overall.  It proves that I am similar to them philosophically on ten handpicked issues.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 02:25:21 PM »

I support all of that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 02:25:28 PM »

All politicians are power hungry and I would support her in a general however she would get killed in a general.  I agree with the new found prudery and carpetbagging though.  And for those who will come back at me with Allyson Schwartz, there is a difference between less than a mile and having overlapping districts and 1500 miles.  Allyson has familiarity with large parts of PA 13 while Hillary had none with NY in 2000.

Schwartz bought a condo that she never visits just inside the district. Don't try to defend her carpetbagging. Before the seat opened up, she was going to run for Auditor General. She's right up there with Hillary when it comes to that obsession with power.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 02:28:10 PM »

Government just keeps growing, and growing, and growing...

True; seems as though that's what the electorate wants... sort of. They want all the goodies Government can give them but hate the bureaucracy. That's people for you Smiley
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2005, 02:29:27 PM »

Schwartz bought a condo that she never visits just inside the district. Don't try to defend her carpetbagging. Before the seat opened up, she was going to run for Auditor General. She's right up there with Hillary when it comes to that obsession with power.

That's why it should be mandatory for someone to be a resident of a state for at least 2 years before running for Congress. 
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2005, 09:55:50 PM »

I SUPPORT

MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2005, 11:53:57 PM »

Nomo, why are you so obsessed with Hitlery, like she's a godess or something.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2005, 06:19:58 AM »

Nomo, why are you so obsessed with Hitlery, like she's a godess or something.

"Miss"Catholic's devotion to Hillary is all the more reason to oppose her.  And her logic that those who don't support Hillary would be "racist" if Hillary were black (I guess it's "her" twisted way of saying that a person who opposes a woman - any woman - for any reason is sexist) is the most assinine, ridiculous reasoning I have seen in a long time.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies