What is it to be "American" these days?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:16:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What is it to be "American" these days?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What is it to be "American" these days?  (Read 2569 times)
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2005, 01:54:36 AM »

Roll Eyes  If nobody's gonna listen to you when you start a war, what the hell makes you think they'll listen to diplomacy? 

Oh, Mr. Richardson, Mrs. Napolitano, could you please give your states back to Mexico?  We'd like it if you gave them back.

What do you mean nobody is going to listen to me if I start a war? Look. Mexico is not a nation of war, and will never be. We are peaceful people. We're North America's switzerland.

Of course you have a point. The "southwest" has belonged far longer to the US than it has to Mexico. And of course, the territories enclosed in that mass of land are now "americanized" beyond repair (except maybe some parts of LA). Most cities you see today in that area were built long after the War with Mexico. which explains the non-spanish names of most cities there(i.e. Houston, Dallas, Phoenix, Roswell, etc, etc).

By now I'd think New Mexico is more closely related to let's say Massachussettes than let's say Chihuahua, or Nuevo Leon.

All my point was, that I'm not really dead serious about getting that land back, All I'm saying is that it WOULD be nice if they did. Personally. Mexico is WAY better off today than back then. Hey, At least we're not running out of space like those razzy Japaneseys, nor are there any US military presence in Mexico, like there is in Japan, or any NATO Nation. That's why Mexico didn't join NATO. Hey. At least the US didn't change our constitution for us, or limit our military. The ones that DID occupy us and installed an Austrian Emperor were the FRENCH! who I also dislike quite a bit.

I am also not serious about attemting to form an "Anschluss" with Central America. WHY? because it'd bring MORE problems to MY country. Not to mention some nations like Salvador or Nicaragua are, let's say more unstable. If we were to Annex those territories (Central America) We'd problaly fall into trouble, like terror attacks in Monterrey or Mexico, DF. by guatemalan, or salvadorian rebels.

In other words, I think Mexico is OK the way it is today, and will probably remain the same for years to come.
Besides, when the US took our land away, it was sparsely populated, with exception of maybe LA or San Antonio.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2005, 03:35:34 AM »

What do you mean nobody is going to listen to me if I start a war? Look. Mexico is not a nation of war, and will never be. We are peaceful people. We're North America's switzerland.

Do you guys have good cheese or chocolate? 

And of course, the territories enclosed in that mass of land are now "americanized" beyond repair (except maybe some parts of LA).

No, they're Americanization doesn't need repair.  What needs repair is the illegals who taint our culture with sucking down free education, medicare, and social security, and ruining our culture by speaking spanish-yet giving nothing back in return other than strawberries-which we could replace you with machines if we were uncompassionate.

By now I'd think New Mexico is more closely related to let's say Massachussettes than let's say Chihuahua, or Nuevo Leon.

Yes, New Mexico is filled with hard-working people who won't take advantage of people that speak English.

Hey, At least we're not running out of space like those razzy Japaneseys

Yeah, if they try jumping a border they'll land in the Sea of Japan and drown.  Mexicans unfortunately have America to break their fall.

In other words, I think Mexico is OK the way it is today, and will probably remain the same for years to come.

You think so.  Try convincing the greater majority of Americans that.  Heck I'm just playing.  But I really do think you guys have to do something extraordinary for most Americans to respect you.  Most Americans still think you're the third world.  You have to do something to prove yourself. 

Honestly lets be getting back to the begining of MODU's topic.  Let's take this double standard:
1.If I speak English and refuse to learn Spanish, I'm a dirty gringo.  I'm not considered Mexican.
2.If you speak Spanish (in LA or something), you never have to learn English because of your community and you're treated with the upmost respect--your called a Mexican-American.

This is going to be Killerpollo and my PA-13 thread.  Watch out forum!
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2005, 09:11:12 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2005, 09:40:04 AM by KillerPollo™ The real KP »

Do you guys have good cheese or chocolate?

That's not what I meant. I meant when it came to Neutrality.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

TAINT YOUR CULTURE?? I had a hard time not laughing at this comment. This is not the late 19th century anymore. Assimilation era is over! GET OVER IT! Besides, without our people, your entire economy would collapse. Watch "A Day Without a Mexican", a reality-based comedy, and you might learn something where most of "America's" backbone comes from. YES! YOU take our people for granted, and most even blatantly insult them. Go to Michigan and tell that to the good-for-nothing canadians and their fake bacon. Besides, you're acting as if the southwest had always belonged to you. If that's the case, you might as well rename every city that has a Spanish name on it. How the hell can we "ruin"someone's culture by speaking another language AMONG MY OWN FELLOW COUNTRYMEN? Do I ruin the Japanese culture by going to Japan and speaking English or Spanish or Russian? NO. In fact, By speaking another language, You immediately give people (open-minded ones) that foreigners are attracted to the country they are visiting. If you force them to assimilate, the targets would immediately dislike you, and maybe even leave, making one less person to make money for the economy.

Ad Ignorantum

Are you pulling a Strawman on me?

Then For God's sake close your ocean entrances, and take care of those Chinese Immigrants who get to the US by boat, and than we'll talk.
I'm not even going to mention the beavers living right over the US's head.

Which we have many times. I don't know how the Europeans look more highly upon us than OUR NORTHERN NEIGHBOR!  Also. Nowadays, There's a LOT more European industry and tourism in Mexico than American. That's why you can find Renaults, Atos, SEAT, And some fords and "chevys" that you don't see in the US or Canada.

Who said the Illegals "refused" to learn engrish? Most are just isolated cases, yet you take the group as a whole. Also, The way you've written those posts of yours gives me the impression that you want everyone to forget their native tongue to speak yours. YOU CAN'T DO THAT ANYMORE! That's impossible. You might turn some "hispanics" into pochos (our hispanic cultural casualties) but you can never take every single one of us and wash our brains like you did with a lot of Europeans back in 1900.
That's why i know a lot of ppl of Polish descent who can't speak a word of Polish.

Tell that to the Menonite people in the State of Chihuahua.

And what the hell did you mean by a PA-13 thread? lol!

Oh and why don't you see this with more open eyes? You're not a Gringo, I'm not a Beaner. We're both Westerners!
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2005, 06:09:34 PM »

Do you even know what an ad ignorantum is?  My arguments my have fallacies, but the one you called my argument on is not.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2005, 06:13:50 PM »

Pedophile,

Are you saying that Wyoming, Kansas, and Missouri should have French as their language because the French owned the land. Or maybe Virginian should have Algonquian as their language because they were here first. Certainly by the same token, New York City should have Dutch as its language. To say so is stupid, though not suprising considering your intelligence.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2005, 11:50:34 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2005, 12:04:35 AM by KillerPollo™ The real KP »

Pedophile,

Are you saying that Wyoming, Kansas, and Missouri should have French as their language because the French owned the land. Or maybe Virginian should have Algonquian as their language because they were here first. Certainly by the same token, New York City should have Dutch as its language. To say so is stupid, though not suprising considering your intelligence.

Why are you calling me a Paedophile, you hatemonger?
Wyoming, Kansas, and Missouri were never a Legitimate part of the Kingdom of france as the Southwest was of Mexico. Same concept goes for New York it wasn't PART of the netherlands, as Alaska and Hawaii are part of the US.
Making such comparisons is stupid, though not surprising considering YOUR intelligence.

The Grand motherland of Mexico will someday be known, not as a nation for partying and drinking, but as a nation of honour, values, culture, opportunities, grandeur, like Hitler dreamed of his Greater Germany. But Unlike Hitler, WE WILL NOT FAIL. What Mexico needs to become is an Empire or a kingdom, because it looks like it's not getting much respect from the "Americans" as the republic it is today. And if you can't open your eyes to the fact that we are on a much higher level than the one you want to put us in, you are doomed by your own ignorance.

And Jake Personally I am tired of your personal attacks upon me! First you attack me by calling me a pedophile just because I am sexually attracted to women of Japanese origin. And second, you are blemishing the honour of my beloved motherland. What do you expect me to do about it? just stand there? NO! I will stand up for my country.

ˇˇˇˇVIVA MEXICO!!!!
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2005, 01:03:02 AM »

No.  The south shall rise again, and unfortunately it will be against you.  Fortunately I have faith in this country's xenophobia to keep you guys out.  This is one thing I'm glad Republicans are talking about.  You guys stay on your side, we'll on ours.  If your country was truly great-like you say it is-you wouldn't need our states back, nor would you be trying to infiltrate them.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2005, 01:08:21 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2005, 01:14:09 AM by KillerPollo™ The real KP »

The Grand motherland of Mexico will someday be known, not as a nation for partying and drinking, but as a nation of honour, values, culture, opportunities, grandeur, like Hitler dreamed of his Greater Germany. But Unlike Hitler, WE WILL NOT FAIL. What Mexico needs to become is an Empire or a kingdom, because it looks like it's not getting much respect from the "Americans" as the republic it is today.

Nowhere here did I say i wanted to expand. i just talked about Making my country a great (in quality) empire. Besides. About the staying on our side. Do you want to Isolate the US like North Korea?

No.  The south shall rise again, and unfortunately it will be against you.  Fortunately I have faith in this country's xenophobia to keep you guys out.  This is one thing I'm glad Republicans are talking about.  You guys stay on your side, we'll on ours.  If your country was truly great-like you say it is-you wouldn't need our states back, nor would you be trying to infiltrate them.

You are promoting Isolationism here? Why don't you go to the canadian border and seal it too?
You know, Xenophobia is a sign of a nation's immaturity.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2005, 03:42:26 AM »

Canadians already have the welfare state, so there's no reason for them to jump.  Ofcourse, Canada has a higher per capita GDP, so they have less of a reason to jump out of their country.  Of course keeping illegal Canucks out would be a good thing too.  Of course you do a bad job at portraying why exactly we should be a totally open-borders country.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies