What Did Lieberman Add to the Ticket?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:06:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  What Did Lieberman Add to the Ticket?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What Did Lieberman Add to the Ticket?  (Read 8732 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2005, 04:21:36 PM »

Why excatly should Gore have distanced himself from a President who had lead America into one of the longest period of economic growth and prosperity in history, and approval ratings reaching nearly 60%?

Gore had horrible advisors.

Yes, I'm still waiting for Donna Brazilla to be kicked out of the Democratic party. She's friends with Karl Rove!

James Carville is married to Mary Matalin.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2005, 04:47:42 PM »

James Carville is married to Mary Matalin.

He's went downhill ever since.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2005, 05:04:46 PM »

No, he was at the bottom of the hill to begin with.  He's dug himself a hole since then.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2005, 05:09:36 PM »

No, he was at the bottom of the hill to begin with.  He's dug himself a hole since then.

Smiley Tongue
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2005, 07:35:26 PM »

Lieberman helped Gore come within 600 votes of president.  He possibly delivered PA.  I would say the Lieberman was one of the five best picks in the last 40 years.

He may have delivered Penn but he lost Gore Tenn.

No, I think Gore lost Gore Tennessee.  I don't think Lieberman had anything to do with it.  Gore was popular in Tennessee when he was a conservative pro-life Democrat.  When he became a liberal Democrat and the post child for NARAL, he lost a lot of his Tennessee support.  By 2000, he hadn't held an office elected statewide for 8 years, and he had changed quite a bit, especially during Clinton's second term.  I think the Lewinsky scandal, and Gore's strong defense of Clinton, is what cost him the south, including Tennessee.  Lieberman had nothing to do with that.

Agreed.  Lieberman didn't cost Gore any state and may have given him some.  Most people who would vote against Lieberman, because he is Jewish, are very unlikely to vote for Gore, because Gore is a liberal (or at least packaged himself as one during that election).

Lieberman cost him the Muslim vote.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2005, 08:44:19 PM »

Not in large enough numbers and, with Bush the elder, that attracted some of the Muslim vote.  Further, the states where the Muslim vote is a factor, MI, NJ, even NY and IA, Gore carried.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2005, 11:03:18 PM »

Not in large enough numbers and, with Bush the elder, that attracted some of the Muslim vote.  Further, the states where the Muslim vote is a factor, MI, NJ, even NY and IA, Gore carried.

The Muslim vote was a factor in FL.

The boost in Jewish turnout wasn't strong enough overcome the Muslim swing to Bush.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2005, 11:11:46 PM »

The boost in Jewish turnout wasn't strong enough overcome the Muslim swing to Bush.

Are you saying that Muslims voted for Bush simply because Lieberman was Jewish?  You may be right, but that's not a good reflection on muslims.  And now they don't like Bush because he wants to fight terrorism.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2005, 12:49:22 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2005, 02:54:54 AM by phknrocket1k »

Are you saying that Muslims voted for Bush simply because Lieberman was Jewish?  You may be right, but that's not a good reflection on muslims.  And now they don't like Bush because he wants to fight terrorism.

Well would you honestly think a Muslim would support an abortion, gay rights ticket with an extra dose of Zionism at the side and the like? No. Even being in the oil industry helped Bush with Muslims.

Bushd doesn't seem to be interested in fighting terrorism, he fulfilled Khomeini's dream of overthrowing Saddam and installing Jaafari/Sistani in thier place; he is thier indespensible ally.

Bush won the Iraq war, but it wasn't for America it was for Iran and Al-Qaeda.

Everyone else is a loser.

If you actually analyzed the Muslim demographic you can easily see why Shiites love him and Sunnis hate him, if you know what those are of course.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2005, 06:29:58 AM »

If you actually analyzed the Muslim demographic you can easily see why Shiites love him and Sunnis hate him, if you know what those are of course.

Yes, I do know what those are.  The question is whether I care.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2005, 12:53:03 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2005, 12:59:30 PM by phknrocket1k »

Yes, I do know what those are.  The question is whether I care.

Of course you should care, Bush didn't care and look who he won the Iraq war for. Unless of course Bush is truly fond of Khomeini on the inside and wants to use our military to fulfill his dreams.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2005, 06:53:44 AM »

Unless of course Bush is truly fond of Khomeini on the inside
I wouldn't rule that out personally. Smiley
I would rule out that Bush is himself conscious of the fact though.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2005, 07:22:02 AM »
« Edited: October 11, 2005, 07:30:00 AM by Senator Porce »

That is a really unfair and gross statement.  Muslims collectively don't like Bush because he wants to fight terrorism?  Come on.  This is most likely true for a few wacko fundamentalists, but Muslims at large?

I find little in common with the philosophy of Islam in most respects, but I'm not about to say that even a large percentage of them support terrorism.

We don't like it when someone makes a ridiculous generalization about Christians, like "They all oppose birth control."  I think we should hold consistent standards and not make generalizations about a large and diverse religion like Islam that are based on the actions of a select few.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2005, 10:51:44 AM »

That is a really unfair and gross statement.  Muslims collectively don't like Bush because he wants to fight terrorism?  Come on.  This is most likely true for a few wacko fundamentalists, but Muslims at large?

I find little in common with the philosophy of Islam in most respects, but I'm not about to say that even a large percentage of them support terrorism.

We don't like it when someone makes a ridiculous generalization about Christians, like "They all oppose birth control."  I think we should hold consistent standards and not make generalizations about a large and diverse religion like Islam that are based on the actions of a select few.
What they don't like is that Bush's attitude seems similar to Dazzleman's, actually.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies