Atlas Dem Primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:52:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlas Dem Primary
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Atlas Dem Primary  (Read 14802 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 03, 2004, 09:50:12 PM »

I am undecided, but if you are undecided, pelase don't cast a vote yet, wait until you do decide.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 04:17:08 AM »
« Edited: January 04, 2004, 04:24:26 AM by Christopher Michael »

I have decided to endorse Myself/My Candidacy for President. I know I can galvanize my party and bring more to the center- individuals of every inclination, the more each party can join together in the Spirit and Desire for achievement, well, it's that much more we can all offer to the American people from whatever walk of life or income level. I Thank My Supporters, each and every one of you. On behalf of My Running Mate  [GWBFan] and Myself. We Will, We Will, ROCK YOU! God Bless US Everyone.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 06:33:10 AM »

Is there anything to stop Republicans from voting in our primary, btw?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 09:42:47 AM »

I picked nym90, the center of the 3, not an ultraliberal, not two almost-republicans.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2004, 09:48:28 AM »

Wow. So far Nym90 and CM are head to head. Can a candidate drop out and pledge his delegates (votes) to someone else? Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2004, 09:55:55 AM »

I am undecided, but if you are undecided, pelase don't cast a vote yet, wait until you do decide.

I thought you went out in favour of CM? Or have you just not posted that here yet?

I thought Nym90 would be the "official" candidate, he seems to be the most mainstream Democrat (not mainstream in America, mind you, but within the party).
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2004, 10:48:34 AM »

I thought you went out in favour of CM? Or have you just not posted that here yet?

I thought Nym90 would be the "official" candidate, he seems to be the most mainstream Democrat (not mainstream in America, mind you, but within the party).

"Not mainstream in America, mind you."

Exactly.  And a Nym90 supporter says it right.  How could we nominate someone who isn't even mainstream in America?  Someone who isn't in the mainstream America can't win in the general election.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2004, 10:52:54 AM »

Nym90: I most definitely can win. We need to excite the liberal base of the party as well as appeal to swing voters. If Christopher Michael and GWBfan are the Democratic nominees, we risk a revolt from the left wing of the party to a 3rd party candidate.

Interviewer: Nym90, if Christopher Michael and GWBfan are nominated, would you consider running as a 3rd party candidate or endorsing a 3rd party candidacy?

Nym90: Well, it would be a difficult decision for me, but I pledge that I will not run as a 3rd party candidate.

Interviewer: But would you endorse a 3rd party?

Nym90: I have no further comment on this subject at this time.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2004, 11:20:03 AM »
« Edited: January 04, 2004, 11:20:38 AM by Michael Zeigermann »

I must say I was highly impressed with Nym90's recent speeches on the disadvantages of trickledown economics. Truly, here is a man whose basic principles reflect that of the Democratic Party.

Given CM's controversial choice to adopt a staunch conservative as his running mate, and Migrendel's Kucinich-ness, the conclusion is simple: CM would lead us to victory but split the party. Migrendel would keep the party together, but risk a landslide defeat.

I therefore believe that only one man can unite the party and lead us to victory. That man is Nym90.

Visit http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=304;start=0 for my official endorsement. God bless the Atlas forum. Thank you and goodnight.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2004, 11:56:04 AM »

I must say I was highly impressed with Nym90's recent speeches on the disadvantages of trickledown economics. Truly, here is a man whose basic principles reflect that of the Democratic Party.

Given CM's controversial choice to adopt a staunch conservative as his running mate, and Migrendel's Kucinich-ness, the conclusion is simple: CM would lead us to victory but split the party. Migrendel would keep the party together, but risk a landslide defeat.

I therefore believe that only one man can unite the party and lead us to victory. That man is Nym90.

Visit http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=304;start=0 for my official endorsement. God bless the Atlas forum. Thank you and goodnight.
My thoughts exactly.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2004, 12:14:10 PM »

This poll will be locked on Wednesday afternoon EST.  Those results will be the final ones.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2004, 12:17:15 PM »

CNN Breaking News

CNN:  Just moments ago, we heard from Democratic Vice Presidential candidate, GWBFan, in a campaign speech.  I'm getting word that we're going to take you back to Atlanta where it seems another announcement is to be made from the candidate.

GWBFan:  Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement to make.  It troubles me to do this, but I feel I must.  You see, I thought this party was ready to take back the White House, to rescue the country from tyranny.  It pains me now to see that I was wrong.

Of the three candidates running, I believe there is only one able to win the White House and save us from an evil Republican regime.  That candidate is now getting stomped on by his opponents for choosing me as his runningmate, simply because of my past.

Therefore, ladies and gentlemen, I will drop out.

I will not seek the office of the vice presidency of the United States.

I will remain a Democrat and I do hope we win in the general election, just months away.

My plans of touring the South have been temporarily delayed due to my decision to drop out.

I thank you all for coming.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2004, 12:20:41 PM »

Well, this leaves the VP slot open.

I thought I was a good AFDNC chairman.  It turns out I'm just as good as Terry McAullife.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2004, 12:28:09 PM »

CNN Breaking News

CNN:  Just moments ago, we heard from Democratic Vice Presidential candidate, GWBFan, in a campaign speech.  I'm getting word that we're going to take you back to Atlanta where it seems another announcement is to be made from the candidate.

GWBFan:  Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement to make.  It troubles me to do this, but I feel I must.  You see, I thought this party was ready to take back the White House, to rescue the country from tyranny.  It pains me now to see that I was wrong.

Of the three candidates running, I believe there is only one able to win the White House and save us from an evil Republican regime.  That candidate is now getting stomped on by his opponents for choosing me as his runningmate, simply because of my past.

I will remain a Democrat and I do hope we win in the general election, just months away.

My plans of touring the South have been temporarily delayed due to my decision to drop out.

<mouth gaping in shock!>
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2004, 12:31:03 PM »

CNN Breaking News

<mouth gaping in shock!>

Me too!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2004, 12:41:22 PM »

CNN Breaking News

Charleston, WV

CNN: WV-UMW leader and Democratic State Senator, Al Realpolitik is still refusing to endorse a candidate in the Democratic Primary.
We're cutting live to the Press Conference:

Al Realpolitik: I refuse to endorse a candidate until I find out which one of them is ready to repeal that Taft-Hartley nonsence.
Failing that, I will choose the candidate who offers the best deal for both Appalachia and for my members.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2004, 01:00:50 PM »

I strongly endorse pro-labor policies. I am in favor of a higher minimum wage, repeal of all laws making strikes illegal, fairer trade, and I opposed Taft-Hartley.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2004, 01:07:03 PM »

I strongly endorse pro-labor policies. I am in favor of a higher minimum wage, repeal of all laws making strikes illegal, fairer trade, and I opposed Taft-Hartley.
Are you against the President's repeal of the steel tariffs?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2004, 01:08:53 PM »

While we have obvious ideological differences, I have nothing but the highest respect for GWBfan. Our party, the Democratic party, is a big tent. We welcome everyone from all parts of the political spectrum. GWBfan clearly respects and supports the same values as I and the rest of our fellow Democrats, and we shouldn't allow our differences on a few issues to tear us apart as a party. If I am the Democratic nominee for President, I will reach out to moderates, independents, and conservatives for their support, and I sincerely hope that I can earn GWBfan's endorsement.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2004, 01:10:04 PM »

What about steel tariffs?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2004, 01:15:37 PM »

I oppose an outright repeal of the steel tariffs, as I believe that our steel industry needs some protection against competition from foreign countries in which steel can be produced more cheaply due to lower labor standards. However, I would favor an individual review of each country upon which the tariffs have been imposed to determine whether they have comparable labor standards to ours, and I would favor dropping the tariffs for countries that have comparable labor standards (i.e., minimum wage, union protection for workers, etc.) I support fair trade; I do not support unrestricted free trade, but I also do not support protectionism.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2004, 01:17:51 PM »

I oppose an outright repeal of the steel tariffs, as I believe that our steel industry needs some protection against competition from foreign countries in which steel can be produced more cheaply due to lower labor standards. However, I would favor an individual review of each country upon which the tariffs have been imposed to determine whether they have comparable labor standards to ours, and I would favor dropping the tariffs for countries that have comparable labor standards (i.e., minimum wage, union protection for workers, etc.) I support fair trade; I do not support unrestricted free trade, but I also do not support protectionism.
Hell yeah!  You're sounding like a presidential candidate now.  All the answers perfectly scripted.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2004, 01:25:27 PM »

CNN Breaking News

Charleston, WV

CNN: WV-UMW leader and Democratic State Senator, Al Realpolitik is still refusing to endorse a candidate in the Democratic Primary.
We're cutting live to the Press Conference:

Al Realpolitik: I refuse to endorse a candidate until I find out which one of them is ready to repeal that Taft-Hartley nonsence.
Failing that, I will choose the candidate who offers the best deal for both Appalachia and for my members.

As a child of a man who worked for 38 years as an Iron Ore Worker in the Iron Range in the Upper Penninsula, I not only understand the plight of our workers,  but my father had to go on strike for 4 months, although we never went hungry, it was very distressing on my family. This is not a 'fantasy'story line, I really lived it, in fact, through 2 strikes. I am for much higher Steel Tariffs and an Executive Order repealing many parts of NAFTA. So, those of you who are wavering back and forth: Stay with a winning ticket. Mine. I will be announcing my choice for Vice President of the United States shortly, with much anguish and regret, I accept GWBFan's resignation. He is an individual of strong courage and personal Faith in His GOD. GOD BLESS YOU GWBFan.
RhodeRage
Rookie

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2004, 01:35:31 PM »

If I may throw my hat in as well...

Personally, I would like to know where the candidates stand on foreign relations and American intervention abroad.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2004, 01:45:11 PM »

I believe that the United States should get involved in a war if one of the following conditions is true:

The United States or any other country has been attacked by another country (or, by a terrorist organization that is being given support by a national government in the form of money, weaponry, or any other kind of official support, in which case the attacks shall be considered for all intents and purposes to have been launched by that country).
Clear and convincing evidence exists that another country is preparing or otherwise clearly possesses the means to launch, and the will to execute, an attack against the United States or another country (or that a terrorist organization receiving support from that government as outlined above is preparing to do so).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies