Atlas Dem Primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:21:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlas Dem Primary
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Atlas Dem Primary  (Read 14803 times)
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2004, 06:07:02 PM »

I, Christopher Michael, former formiddable front runner for the Nomination of my Party, encourage all of us within the party and those who are undecided to rally behind Nym90 and Harry.  I once again Humbly Thank each of you for your support in my bid for the Oval Office. When the time comes, please consider me for the Democratic party Nomination. But, Now, This is the Moment, Seize It!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2004, 06:12:47 PM »

LIVE from Coney Island, New York:
I may consider stepping down from the chairman's position, also.  With such a decisive defeat in the primary, I feel that I don't appeal to my party, and even worse, I am not good for my party.

No, man; don't do that.  You've been a good chairman; you're obviously dedicated.  I don't think anyone objects to you at all.
Also, I apologize if I was the cause of any anger of yours.  I was also told that I was on the short list before I was chosen.
Now, I'm glad we all are united.
I know we can win this one! Smiley
I know that you will be a wonderful VP, Harry, and you were the right choice.
I may resign after the election.
Thanks.  But don't resign unless you must.  We need someone dedicated like you to be our chairman Smiley
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2004, 06:13:49 PM »

If you two don't win, I will feel that I didn't do my job and may feel compelled to resign from the chairmanship post.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #153 on: January 14, 2004, 06:18:58 PM »

If you two don't win, I will feel that I didn't do my job and may feel compelled to resign from the chairmanship post.

BUT WE WILL WIN! Smiley
jravnsbo

« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2004, 08:44:40 PM »

That shows more integrity than Terry McAullife.

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2004, 10:43:10 PM »

If we are defeated (and I hope and believe that we will not be), then we will need you to stay more than ever because we'll need a dedicated leader.
If Nym90 and I lose, and you quit, we will have lost all of our leadership and will have to start over totally.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2004, 10:51:10 PM »

The primary has concluded, and it seems clear to me that I am not the winner. I have deliberated in recent days as to whether I will stand for election as a third party candidate on a liberal platform. I have decided not to. I fear for the future of such things as late-pregnancy abortion and racial affirmative action. But it is my decision that giving them an uncertain future under Nym and Harry would be my preference than to giving this election to supersoulty, after which their days will be numbered. I now endorse our party's nominee, because I feel that he would be an acceptable choice to run our institutions of government. He has my confidence, and only need ask if he ever wishes to hear my opinion on a matter of policy. This I do heavy-heartedly, but whole-heartedly. I pledge my allegiance to this ticket at electiontime, and this might be the end of my political career, at least for now. I will still follow the fortunes of our government with keen interest, and should the need arise, I will put my lifeblood in defending what is right in terms of public policy. With that, I hereby concede defeat and withdraw my candidacy for President, and wish our great, good party's ticket the best of luck.

I too will endorse the Democratic ticket of Nym90 and Harry for Atlas Forum President and VP. I hope that if elected, Nym90 will consider implementing some of the policies that are advocated by the left wing of the Democratic Party.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2004, 07:34:55 AM »

That shows more integrity than Terry McAullife.

That's like saying I have more brains than a dead mule.  But thanks Smiley
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #158 on: October 12, 2005, 09:34:39 PM »

Voting is closed.  The final results:

Nym90: 6
Miamiu1027: 4
Migrendel: 2

I am not folding yet, as maybe we should have the debate so people can see who they like.  Or maybe not.   I'll talk to Nym.

If I had won this primary, I wonder how it would have changed history.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies