The Constitarian Education Plan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:17:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  The Constitarian Education Plan
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Constitarian Education Plan  (Read 990 times)
The Constitarian
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 08, 2005, 04:14:12 PM »

The Constitarian Party has developed a new education plan to stop outsourcing and to ensure American economical domminence for the decades to come.  The plan is simple after Junior High school the the students will be split.  The students with 3.25 GPA or higher will go to an academically based school.  They will learn advanced math and science.  They will also attend classes in history and english classes where they will learn to speak in public and how to be more inspiring leaders.  This will lead to the United States having the smartest engineers and other leaders to help create more and more technological advances. 
    The students who don't meet this standard will go to a occupational school.  Here they will learn how to work with their hands.  They will learn building codes, mechanical knowledge, and other skills and info needed in the working world.  They will learn the basics of all major fields such as electritions, plumbers, carpenters, machinists, and mecanics.  They will then learn more advanced skills in one field.
    Through this system the United States will not only have the best educated engineers, doctors, and other leaders, but will also have a skilled workforce for them to work with.  This will skyrocket the US economy and for the most part stop outsourcing.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 04:16:49 PM »

Germany, and maybe other countries, have education set up similiarly. Seems to work fine there, though I'm not a big fan of using only GPA.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 04:21:25 PM »

To impose such an education system federally would violate the Constitution, Constitarian.
The Constitarian
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 04:23:23 PM »

I have considered adding tests and other factors to the decision.

I don't see how it violates the constitution.  Please explain.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 04:25:06 PM »

I don't see how it violates the constitution.  Please explain.
The Constitution does not enumerate the power to educate people. If the federal government interferes with public education, it will have violated the Tenth Amendment.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 04:39:55 PM »

The Constitarian Party has developed a new education plan to stop outsourcing and to ensure American economical domminence for the decades to come.  The plan is simple after Junior High school the the students will be split.  The students with 3.25 GPA or higher will go to an academically based school.  They will learn advanced math and science.  They will also attend classes in history and english classes where they will learn to speak in public and how to be more inspiring leaders.  This will lead to the United States having the smartest engineers and other leaders to help create more and more technological advances. 
    The students who don't meet this standard will go to a occupational school.  Here they will learn how to work with their hands.  They will learn building codes, mechanical knowledge, and other skills and info needed in the working world.  They will learn the basics of all major fields such as electritions, plumbers, carpenters, machinists, and mecanics.  They will then learn more advanced skills in one field.
    Through this system the United States will not only have the best educated engineers, doctors, and other leaders, but will also have a skilled workforce for them to work with.  This will skyrocket the US economy and for the most part stop outsourcing.

What are you talking about?
The Constitarian
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 06:58:03 PM »

The constitution grants the states this right and if the government offers to fund it I think they will give it a try.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005, 07:08:55 PM »

I think the Constipation party needs more fiber.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2005, 07:49:01 PM »

I think that Technical schools should be an option, but not enforceable. You can have academic-entry school as well, but again, if you get the right score, you can't be forced to attend.
BobOMac2k2

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 05:21:12 PM »

This is nuts. Everyone should have the right to choose their own education.

And using the GPA makes this even more insane.

Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness...
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 09:39:30 PM »

Not a bad plan at all.

However, GPA is a terrible qualification.  Testing scores are a better idea, but not a good one either.  I don't really know what the answer is.
The Constitarian
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 01:22:54 PM »

I was never that thrilled with the idea of basing it an GPA.  I have considered doing it by students choice, the most important thing is that we have to offer more occupation classes and more advanced math and science classes if we hope to compete economically with the up and rising Asian nations in the future.
BobOMac2k2

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 01:40:54 PM »

Student choice is the way to go. I would support something like that.

But forcing people to choose a profession they do not want is Unamerican.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies