If scientists actually PROVED that God DID exist...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:50:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  If scientists actually PROVED that God DID exist...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: If scientists actually PROVED that God DID exist...  (Read 1832 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2005, 09:38:35 PM »

If your parents raise you for 18 years, and you refuse to support them when they're old, some of us would consider that immoral. I guess you're not one of them.

Well, unlike God, my parents didn't just drop me into the world screaming buck naked to the care of others. Wink

Seriously though, I wouldn't consider it immoral per se, but one shouldn't expect one's own children to care for them in their old age if they abandon their own parents - treat others as you would like to be treated and what not. If my mother needs my care when she's older, I'll give it to her, but not out of any sense of obligation - rather I would do it because my mother is an important person to me and I would prefer to see her not suffer any more than necessary.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Perhaps. Personally I'm a fan of the idea of 'karma' - that is, you'll get what you have coming to you sooner or later. In fact, my ideal afterlife is one in which whatever realm you get sent to reflects the kind of person you were in life rather than a simple judgement of heaven or hell.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2005, 05:12:48 AM »

I think if there is a god, he doesn't giove a stuff what you do with your sunday mornings, he had absolutely nothing to do with the rwriting of any 2,00 year old books, and probably considers humans no more important then all the other intelligent life in the universe/s.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2005, 09:03:07 PM »

Watch him send the a***oles from the ACLU to Hell for filing suit everytime some kid wants to mention God at his graduation ceremony.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies