Would you live in a place that was better suited to your political leanings?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:30:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Would you live in a place that was better suited to your political leanings?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Would you live in a place that was better suited to your political leanings?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Would you live in a place that was better suited to your political leanings?  (Read 3134 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2005, 01:13:14 PM »

You people m ust also realize I used to live in a very Republican city and I hated it.

Once I moved here, which is far more Democratic, I liked it a lot.

You take your own views of things way too seriously, dude.  Way too seriously.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2005, 01:37:17 PM »

no there are other things I would look for first.  Although I currently live in a slightly republican area now
danwxman

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2005, 01:46:06 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2005, 01:48:17 PM by danwxman »

You people m ust also realize I used to live in a very Republican city and I hated it.

Once I moved here, which is far more Democratic, I liked it a lot.

You take your own views of things way too seriously, dude.  Way too seriously.

I don't know...I live in a very Republican area and I hate it too. It's one of the reasons I consider myself a Democrat. Don't kid yourself...you may think you'd hate a hardcore Democratic area (I probably would, too) but you would hate a hardcore Republican area just as much. Where I live proper isn't so bad, since it's a bit Republican libertarian leaning (suburbs) but just beyond that it is totally Republican hick land. These people are small minded, homophobes and racists. I work in customer service and I deal with them all the time. I know all Republicans aren't like that....but I'm telling you, when you live in a hardcore conservative area you are exposed to these people constantly. To be honest, I dealt with the same stuff while living in southwestern Pennsylvania, even though the area (Washington County) was just barely Democrat. They had one thing in common though, they were both socially conservative areas.

We have a guy who comes in just about every day and harasses our cashiers. I heard him spout off the other night about how our country is being taken over by liberals, Jews and blacks. He said we should go to the home of every liberal and kill their family. That's pretty extreme, but that's the type of sh**t I deal with on an almost daily basis.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2005, 02:55:58 PM »

I don't know...I live in a very Republican area and I hate it too. It's one of the reasons I consider myself a Democrat. Don't kid yourself...you may think you'd hate a hardcore Democratic area (I probably would, too) but you would hate a hardcore Republican area just as much. Where I live proper isn't so bad, since it's a bit Republican libertarian leaning (suburbs) but just beyond that it is totally Republican hick land. These people are small minded, homophobes and racists. I work in customer service and I deal with them all the time. I know all Republicans aren't like that....but I'm telling you, when you live in a hardcore conservative area you are exposed to these people constantly. To be honest, I dealt with the same stuff while living in southwestern Pennsylvania, even though the area (Washington County) was just barely Democrat. They had one thing in common though, they were both socially conservative areas.

We have a guy who comes in just about every day and harasses our cashiers. I heard him spout off the other night about how our country is being taken over by liberals, Jews and blacks. He said we should go to the home of every liberal and kill their family. That's pretty extreme, but that's the type of sh**t I deal with on an almost daily basis.

Dan, your story actually made me laugh out loud. 

I think both extremes are bad actually.  The counterbalance to the people you describe are those who think President Bush whipped up a category 5 hurricane because he hates black people.  There are many extreme Democratic areas where white people are hated, too. 

Where I live leans Republican on many issues, but there are many Democrats and it's a pretty moderate area either way.  I prefer that to what you describe, or to a hardcore liberal area like, say, Berkley, California or some nutjob place like that.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2005, 06:27:10 PM »

Well, I'm pretty content with where I live at present. It's certainly much nicer than Berkeley. Wink That said, I don't really know why I wouldn't want to live in a place whose political tendencies suited me best...
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2005, 06:29:00 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2005, 06:43:22 PM by TexasGurl »

Where i am fits pretty well
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2005, 11:50:41 PM »

I live in an extremely Republican area but I don't think it's really much of a factor in me liking where I live.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies