Nashville Mayor admits to affair with head of security detail
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:38:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nashville Mayor admits to affair with head of security detail
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Nashville Mayor admits to affair with head of security detail  (Read 1295 times)
fluffypanther19
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2018, 09:36:13 PM »

The Amazon HQ2 Nashville announcement will be a nice publicity bounce-back for her.
As if Nashville has a shot. It's not going to an MSA smaller than  Atlanta.

lol. Nashville has been the on-and-off Vegas favorite (with Atlanta, amusingly) to land the bid.
That's stupid and weird and irrational. It's going to Atlanta, Miami, Dallas, Philly, Boston, DC, Chicago, LA, or New York. Everyone else is just extra.

"Not happening, bud."

"A lot of people with potential inside knowledge consider it very possible."

"... Okay, well, that's stupid."
I would be shocked if Nashville was selected
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2018, 09:39:45 PM »

Why shouldn't someone's extramarital affair affect their ability to hold office? It certainly demonstrates their ability to keep oaths and deal honestly with those around them.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 10:12:27 PM »

RESIGN! For shame that you refuse to!
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2018, 10:15:20 PM »

And you obviously voted against Trump because of his grotesquely long history of marital infidelity, right?

I agree with him, and I voted for Evan McMullin because McMullin was the only candidate who actually would have shot down Russian planes over Syria.
In other words, you voted for McMullin because he was the only candidate who would have done something that may well have lead to World War III.
How you reconcile your vote for Hillary than?
She wasn't Trump, that's how I reconcile it. I would have voted for Johnson but voting for a third party is really pointless because of course they have zero chance of winning.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2018, 10:21:18 PM »

The Amazon HQ2 Nashville announcement will be a nice publicity bounce-back for her.

lol. Nashville has been the on-and-off Vegas favorite (with Atlanta, amusingly) to land the bid.
That's stupid and weird and irrational. It's going to Atlanta, Miami, Dallas, Philly, Boston, DC, Chicago, LA, or New York. Everyone else is just extra.

"Not happening, bud."

Who? The fact is, a metro area that small can't support it. There is hardly a dense core, no functional rail trainsit (and it seems Barry's fiasco will kill her chances of changing that), a limited talent pool, a mediocre airport, and its the deep south, which won't go over well.
IndustrialJustice

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2018, 10:22:35 PM »

"Not happening, bud."

Nashville is one of the two- or three-fastest growing cities in the country and it's where millennials are dying to move these days. Shouldn't be shocking, especially as the city keeps rapidly growing around the headquarters (and by the time it's ready for operations).
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2018, 10:26:38 PM »

"Not happening, bud."

Nashville is one of the two- or three-fastest growing cities in the country and it's where millennials are dying to move these days. Shouldn't be shocking, especially as the city keeps rapidly growing around the headquarters (and by the time it's ready for operations).

traffic has turned to absolute hell. it's like LA now i swear
IndustrialJustice

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2018, 10:35:14 PM »

"Not happening, bud."

Who? The fact is, a metro area that small can't support it. There is hardly a dense core, no functional rail trainsit (and it seems Barry's fiasco will kill her chances of changing that), a limited talent pool, a mediocre airport, and its the deep south, which won't go over well.

Three of the four most likely cities for the location (according to people actually willing to bet money on this thing) are in the South: Atlanta, Austin, Nashville. Maybe you should recalibrate your thinking on what Jeff Bezos cares about.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2018, 11:47:35 PM »

"Not happening, bud."

Three of the four most likely cities for the location (according to people actually willing to bet money on this thing) are in the South: Atlanta, Austin, Nashville. Maybe you should recalibrate your thinking on what Jeff Bezos cares about.
I'm using the criteria he posted. The fact is, anything Nashville does, Atlanta does better. Anything Austin does, Dallas does better. Anything Indianapolis does, Chicago does better. Anything Pittsburgh does, Philadelphia does better. And so on.
Why would he choose a small little city like Nashville, just because a couple tatooed and facial haired individuals enjoyed it? If you're looking at raw numbers for where millennials want to be, after all, nowhere touches LA and NY.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2018, 12:40:04 AM »

"Not happening, bud."

I actually think Nashville's airport is among the best I have ever been to.  Every time I am flying out of BNA, I am from the entrance to past security in 15 minutes or less (with checking bags).  From there, it's not a long walk anywhere, and, unlike some larger airports, there are plenty of good places to eat and to watch a game if I so desire.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2018, 10:50:10 AM »

50 years ago she would have been outright crucified for this in the public eye. While that doesn't make her actions right by any stretch, it would mean she would be a victim of sexist double standards that allowed men to get away with marital infidelity...
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies