Mainstream Media Bias (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:40:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mainstream Media Bias (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mainstream Media Bias  (Read 4294 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: May 06, 2004, 03:01:39 AM »

depends on how you define mainstream, as well as how you define all those other terms.  I voted liberal (obviously I'm not looking at the WSJ just now), specifically referring to broadcast news presentations.  But with respect to cable news I'd say more sensationalist.  The papers are biased too.  Most big markets have a mainstream nationalist and a mainstream opposition it seems.  It's weird, but in New York and Boston, the tabloids are more sensational, but also more nationalistic.  Out west we're fairly illiterate and don't have so many choices, but the mainstream Bay Area papers are what most Americans would call liberal.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 02:30:00 AM »

anybody getting this?  on PBS right now is an interview of two University of Chicago professors of divinity (Elshtain and Marty?) who are talking about speeches of a long line of presidents preaching and praying and mentioning providence, and praising the president (or at least not at all negative).  There was no campaigning, but the viewer was obviously reminded of about twelve presidents starting with lincoln doing God's Will, but that none had actually stated that he knew his god wanted him to become President till this one.  I don't think I had mentioned PBS in my post was reminded that I think Jim Lehrer's show is neither biased nor sensational.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies