New 50 state SUSA Bush approval poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:11:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  New 50 state SUSA Bush approval poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: New 50 state SUSA Bush approval poll  (Read 3404 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2005, 03:32:02 PM »
« edited: October 18, 2005, 03:41:11 PM by jfern »

Utah approves 61-36. His next best state, Idaho, approves only 55-44. He's above 50% in only 6 states, and a net approval in only 7 states, and a net disapproval in 41 states. He has a 37-61 approval rating in Ohio, and a 39-59 approval rating in Missouri.  VT, MA, and RI are the most anti-Bush, RI tops out with 29-70.

Overall Bush is 38-59. Bush is consistantly in the 30s now.

http://www.surveyusa.com/50State2005/50StatePOTUS1005SortedbyState.htm
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 03:39:10 PM »

You just made my day
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 03:44:04 PM »

Texas

Approve-42
Dissapprove-54

What the heck
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 03:44:19 PM »

That's to be expected, since most democrats hate Bush, and some conservatives have issues with Miers (and other items).  Be it 36% or 44% approval (depending on which polling firm you use), Bush has slipped.  No surprise, and not a big deal either.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 03:44:51 PM »

Texas

Approve-42
Dissapprove-54

What the heck

Hey, it only took them 11 years to get sick of him.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 03:47:11 PM »

I stand by my statement: This President will never be popular again.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 03:51:10 PM »

Well, when you consider you have a 45% block of the voting population that is Democratic which (under normal circumstances) will never show support for Bush, reaching 50% (being "popular") will be a tough accomplishment.  Like I said, not surprising and not a big deal.  You don't have to be "popular" to do the job. 
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 03:55:57 PM »

Texas

Approve-42
Dissapprove-54

What the heck

Hey, it only took them 11 years to get sick of him.

I guess that minority-majority latino factor is starting to kick in
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 04:01:51 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2005, 04:06:09 PM by Supersoulty »

Once again, this poll is probably more reflective of how Bush is losing people on the Right than on the Left.  Just because Bush is unpopular does not mean that people that many people would prefer the Democrats.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 04:03:49 PM »

Once again, this poll is probably more reflective of how Bush is losing people on the Right than on the Left.  Just because Bush is unpopular does not mean that people that many people would prefer the Democrats.

We will see..........
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 04:05:02 PM »

We will see..........

If you think this is representative of some mad rush to the Left, then you are dillusional.

Plus, historically speaking, this is the worst time for second term Presidents.  I would expect his numbers to go up, some.  He will probably enjoy a slight boost in the polls in 2008, as people look back on the legacy of the administration and realize that it was not as bad as they thought.  This is how is usually works.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 04:06:33 PM »

It all depends on circumstance.  Being in his second term, I think Bush's approval will largely be a part of how events outside of his control are seen.  Bush no longer is in control of Iraq or the War on Terror or economic issues or unrest at home.  The Iraqi insurgency now dictates his approval rating more than he himself does.

Note that all presidents since Kennedy have had approval ratings lower than Bush's; whether or not they recovered depends on what point in their presidency the low rating came at.  Reagan's low came in 1983 and Clinton's in 1993, and both of them recovered. Bush I, however, had his lowest ratings in his final year in office, 1992.  Bush II is at sort of a midpoint.  He has time to recover if events allow it.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 04:07:43 PM »

We will see..........

If you think this is representative of some mad rush to the Left, then you are dillusional.

Plus, historically speaking, this is the worst time for second term Presidents.  I would expect his numbers to go up, some.  He will probably enjoy a slight boost in the polls in 2008, as people look back on the legacy of the administration and realize that it was not as bad as they thought.  This is how is usually works.

But, I agree with John.  Bush will probably never break 51% again.  Too many mistakes and mismanagments.  Not saying that things would be any better under Gore or Kerry.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 04:09:44 PM »

Think of it this way . . . say for example Iraq turns out to be a stable democracy (relatively speaking) in 2 years, Saddam goes to jail/is executed for his crimes, WMDs are actually found, Bin Laden is captured and goes to jail/is executed, Miers is confirmed and turns out to be a true Constitutionalist as the people want, etc etc etc . . . everything his detractos constantly complain about . . . his rating might reach 60%.  Why?  For what I said above.  Those that hate him (which is a majority of the Democrats) will not change their opinion, no matter how much of the stuff they complain about is resolved.  So, it's no big deal.  History will judge, just like they have done for every other President.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 04:13:54 PM »

We will see..........

No, I dont think people on the conservative end of the spectrum are moving  left. I just think that it might discourage conservatives to go to the polls on 2006. And this has been an anything but usual presidency
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 04:17:44 PM »

Once again, this poll is probably more reflective of how Bush is losing people on the Right than on the Left.

Pretty much; there was that poll a week or so ago that said his popularity has dropped like a stone with all kinds of voters, by religious [social] conservatives especially.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 04:20:27 PM »

Think of it this way . . . say for example Iraq turns out to be a stable democracy (relatively speaking) in 2 years, Saddam goes to jail/is executed for his crimes, WMDs are actually found, Bin Laden is captured and goes to jail/is executed, Miers is confirmed and turns out to be a true Constitutionalist as the people want, etc etc etc . . . everything his detractos constantly complain about . . . his rating might reach 60%.  Why?  For what I said above.  Those that hate him (which is a majority of the Democrats) will not change their opinion, no matter how much of the stuff they complain about is resolved.  So, it's no big deal.  History will judge, just like they have done for every other President.

Or think of it this way......Iraq erupts into civil war, WMDs are never found
Bin Laden is never caught and another terror attack happens, and Harriet Miers is comfirmed but happens to be a fanatic,ect..ect..ect
Bushs approval ratings would plummet to the 20's
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 04:37:20 PM »

It surprises me how the South has dumped Bush faster than the Rocky Mountain-West states.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2005, 04:39:38 PM »

:,) This is so beautiful. Smiley
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2005, 04:41:06 PM »

It surprises me how the South has dumped Bush faster than the Rocky Mountain-West states.

That is because the south doesnt give a Sh!t what happens to Bush and they dont think they owe loyalty to anyone
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2005, 04:48:45 PM »

His approval rating went up in Washington?
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2005, 05:04:28 PM »

His approval rating went up in Washington?

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2005, 05:14:09 PM »

Or think of it this way......Iraq erupts into civil war, WMDs are never found
Bin Laden is never caught and another terror attack happens, and Harriet Miers is comfirmed but happens to be a fanatic,ect..ect..ect
Bushs approval ratings would plummet to the 20's

None of us can predict the future, but I'd say this is a lot closer to what will really pan out.  Miers may be the only exception. 
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2005, 05:16:42 PM »

Did any hurricanes hit the Mountain-West states?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2005, 05:29:38 PM »

And watch as all the republicans scurry like Cockraoches to get away from him.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies