Feingold and Bayh vote for interesting amendment
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:48:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Feingold and Bayh vote for interesting amendment
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Feingold and Bayh vote for interesting amendment  (Read 2445 times)
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2005, 02:04:28 AM »

We already pay for our own projects since we get back far less money from the feds than we send there. Why should we be subsidizing you ungrateful bastards? You guys could pay for it with your oil money. As for here in California, we're paying for a bridge that could cost $10 billion, by ourselves, no whining for handouts from the feds.

Ungrateful bastards?! Over 20% of your oil comes from us, yet one of your senators has been the leading voice in keeping ANWR closed. Speaking of that oil field, don't you think if it were opened, oil revenue would increase, dramatically?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I still fail to see how my state's economic policies and $450 million in federal money makes life miserable for everyone else.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2005, 02:20:46 AM »

We already pay for our own projects since we get back far less money from the feds than we send there. Why should we be subsidizing you ungrateful bastards? You guys could pay for it with your oil money. As for here in California, we're paying for a bridge that could cost $10 billion, by ourselves, no whining for handouts from the feds.

Ungrateful bastards?! Over 20% of your oil comes from us, yet one of your senators has been the leading voice in keeping ANWR closed. Speaking of that oil field, don't you think if it were opened, oil revenue would increase, dramatically?

The ANWR isn't a real solution to our energy problems. It will give the US only another few months of oil. We need to research alternative energy.

I still fail to see how my state's economic policies and $450 million in federal money makes life miserable for everyone else.
[/quote]

Your state has far more than $450 million in pork. In 2000, the average Republican Congressinal district had $600 million more in spending than the average Democratic Congressional district. It's probably much worse now.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2005, 03:20:01 AM »

The ANWR isn't a real solution to our energy problems. It will give the US only another few months of oil. We need to research alternative energy.

Odd. I heard it was like 30 years. Hopefully we'll finally get it this year. Isn't hydrogen power the main focus of alternative energy?

I didn't know that. I wonder if it'll be like that much longer.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2005, 03:25:39 AM »

Odd. I heard it was like 30 years. Hopefully we'll finally get it this year. Isn't hydrogen power the main focus of alternative energy?
30 years from ANWR? LOL!!!!!!! What a joke. 95% of the nothern shore of Alaska is already open for drilling. If you mean hydrogen fuel cells, they're not an energy source.

I didn't know that. I wonder if it'll be like that much longer.
[/quote]

It probably isn't, I'm guessing the difference is greater now.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2005, 09:06:21 AM »

If you mean hydrogen fuel cells, they're not an energy source.

And the ignorant speaks once again.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2005, 03:30:36 PM »

Hydrogen fuel cells

Fuel cells are a form of chemical battery that uses a chemical reaction to produce electricity.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2005, 03:32:37 PM »

Hydrogen fuel cells

Fuel cells are a form of chemical battery that uses a chemical reaction to produce electricity.

Yes, Fuel cells are not an energy source, but Hydrogen is.  Fuel cells are the vehicle to convert Hydrogen into electricity.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies