DeLay's mugshot
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:39:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DeLay's mugshot
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: DeLay's mugshot  (Read 5875 times)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 21, 2005, 11:16:11 PM »

Nice picture.  He did a great job taking a shot that can't be used against him in an ad campaign.

(Picture is from www.thesmokinggun.com)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 11:18:09 PM »

Nice picture.  He did a great job taking a shot that can't be used against him in an ad campaign.

Why? It makes him even more of a scumbag.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 11:22:47 PM »

It looks like something he would put on one of his own campaign posters.  He is neat, clean, smiling and, as a real kicker, wearing his congressional security pin.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 11:31:12 PM »

When BC Premier Gordon Campbell was arrested in Januray 2003 for DUI in Hawaii, the mug-shot became a political tool for the opposition.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 12:07:47 AM »

It looks like something he would put on one of his own campaign posters.  He is neat, clean, smiling and, as a real kicker, wearing his congressional security pin.

Basically he turned getting booked into a photo op. He cherry-picked someone to arrest him who would have those numbers in front. You Republicans may think that all that matters is whether you have a nice smile, but us Democrats care about laws.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 12:51:09 AM »

Basically he turned getting booked into a photo op. He cherry-picked someone to arrest him who would have those numbers in front. You Republicans may think that all that matters is whether you have a nice smile, but us Democrats care about laws.
He went to the largest county in Texas (one which he happens to represent in part).  Harris County has about 1/6 of the Texas population, and as an urban county probably has 1/4 to 1/5 of the bookings in Texas.  So having a booking photo without a number is the norm for a large part of the state.  I'd guess that everything (photograph, fingerprints, physical information, case number, etc.) is all kept as a digital record, so there simply is no professional reason to have a grainy black and white phote with a number sign included in the picture.

Though I do think it was a nice touch for the Maui Police to require DUI arrestees to place the case numbers on their own sign.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 01:32:21 AM »

Delay has just won a fan.  He has a great attitude about all this bullsh**t that's being done to him.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 01:36:43 AM »

Delay has just won a fan.  He has a great attitude about all this bullsh**t that's being done to him.

Let me get this straight. All of the scandals with him laundering money is bullsh**t?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2005, 01:39:49 AM »

Let me get this straight. All of the scandals with him laundering money is bullsh**t?

Do you have any evidence that he laundetred moeny?  Oh you don't?  Well, neither does the prosecutor, so don't feel too bad.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 01:43:45 AM »

Do you have any evidence that he laundetred moeny?  Oh you don't?  Well, neither does the prosecutor, so don't feel too bad.

That's just one of many scandals, anyways. It's hard to keep them all straight. Here's a partial list.
http://slate.msn.com/id/2116392/

I find it sad that you Republicans are defending the guy.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2005, 01:44:45 AM »

That's just one of many scandals, anyways. It's hard to keep them all straight. Here's a partial list.

So you actually don't have any evidence, you simply choose to change the subject?  I am not impressed.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2005, 01:56:09 AM »

So you actually don't have any evidence, you simply choose to change the subject?  I am not impressed.

Have you heard about all of the scandals? Do you really think this guy is innocent in all of them? Why must you defend such a crook?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2005, 02:12:14 AM »

Proof jackass. Or stop posting in this topic.

Good picture BTW. Thanks for posting it Tredrick.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2005, 02:16:09 AM »

Why don't you guys read about all of the scandals? Here's a sampler:
http://www.perrspectives.com/resources/documents.htm#tomdelay

It doesn't mention all of them, for instance, the NH phone jamming scandal.

So sad that you guys defend him without reading about what he's been involved in.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2005, 02:34:35 AM »

How 'bout you answer John's question and say why he is guilty of laundering money. Sources, evidence, or STFU.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2005, 02:50:07 AM »

How 'bout you answer John's question and say why he is guilty of laundering money. Sources, evidence, or STFU.

How about you learn to read about the scandals instead. It's amazing that you guys think he's innocent.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2005, 02:53:00 AM »

I'll assume you're fu cked in the head and won't continue this. Posting "oh, well read about the other scandals, he's definitely guilty of this one" is total sh!t.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2005, 02:57:34 AM »

I'll assume you're fu cked in the head and won't continue this. Posting "oh, well read about the other scandals, he's definitely guilty of this one" is total sh!t.

You haven't explain how the assucations are false. He has so many scandals and has been indicted so many times, I can't keep track of it all.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2005, 03:30:54 AM »

Innocent until guilty. Ever heard that one? The responsibility of proving him guilty is yours. I'm asking for evidence and I'll continue to assume you lack any unless you demonstrate otherwise.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2005, 05:34:01 AM »

Why isn't there a little sign in front of DeLay with his name, prisoner number, etc?  Obvious corruption of the system.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2005, 05:47:37 AM »

You haven't explain how the assucations are false. He has so many scandals and has been indicted so many times, I can't keep track of it all.

Problem is, so far, none of these "scandals" involve anything illegal.  This one is particularly weak because the statute that Earle claims DeLay violated wasn't in effect at the time Earle claims DeLay violated it.

There are some other things out there that are being investigated by the Feds that are more substantial, trips DeLay family members paid for by lobbyists.  Problem is, DeLay beats this, he looks like the victim and the subject of Democratic conspiracy to get him.  It gives DeLay a bit of immunity.

IIRC, these have been the only times DeLay has been indicted.
MissCatholic

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2005, 07:52:02 AM »

we have to remember hillary is guilty tom delay is innocent before being guilted.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2005, 09:40:05 AM »

Why don't you guys read about all of the scandals? Here's a sampler:
http://www.perrspectives.com/resources/documents.htm#tomdelay

It doesn't mention all of them, for instance, the NH phone jamming scandal.

So sad that you guys defend him without reading about what he's been involved in.

You're grasping at straws son, just like the prosecutor.  hahaha
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2005, 09:55:14 AM »

Exactly. In my AP Gov class, many were mocking DeLay for doing that and refused to listen to me when I said that it's smart politics in the long run. Needless to say, they have very little knowledge of Gov/political science and think their intelligence supercedes everyone's.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2005, 10:15:47 AM »

I'll assume you're fu cked in the head
Ouch. That would really hurt. Wink
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length