Republicans, Brace Yourselves for a Miserable 6 Months
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:58:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans, Brace Yourselves for a Miserable 6 Months
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Republicans, Brace Yourselves for a Miserable 6 Months  (Read 5808 times)
MarkDel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 21, 2005, 11:42:00 PM »

Ok, to my Republican friends on this forum...you know I have some pretty darn good contacts on both sides of the aisle from my days working on Capitol Hill, and I have spent a lot of time on the phone the past two days. Here's the story...

1. We have HUGE problems that will emerge over the next few weeks. Contrary to what the Demoncrats want to believe, it has nothing to do with Tom Delay, who will be found innocent on all charges and will eventually return to his role as House Majority Leader. The Delay thing is NOTHING to worry about.

2. BUT...the Patrick Fitzgerald investigation is about to EXPLODE in our faces in a bigger way than I ever could have imagined. Despite no real hard evidence beyond inference and "common sense" supposition, Fitzgerald will proceed with a host of charges against a host of people up and down the Bush administration. This issue will not stop at Rove and/or Libby. Get ready for the 2005 version of Iran Contra.

3. In addition to the Fitzgerald investigation, it's about to become painfully clear at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearings that Harriet Miers is lucky she can write her name in the ground with a stick. Having talked to more than one staff member of the Committee (staff, not Senators) I have been informed that she knows virtually NOTHING about Constitutional Law and will surely make a fool of herself at the hearing.

4. SO the next 6 months will be horrific, but remember this...in 1987/88 we suffered through Iran Contra AND the Bork Nomination, and the media was jerking off all over itself at the prospect of Republican failures in the 1988 Election. BUT, we won...easily, so do not get disheartened at what will be a terrible start to the new year 2006.

As for Democrats on this forum, my advice is to go purchase a large supply of KY-Jelly since you will no doubt spend most of your time wacking off (and I wouldn't want to see you guys get too chafed) at the Republican nightmares of the next few months. By the time your allies in the Media get done with these scandals, you will actually have a legitimate chance to take back the House and/or Senate in 2006, and that no doubt makes your pathtic little wieners (the party of anti-american pacifists simply MUST have small peckers) get all tingly at the prospect. The only thing that could save the Republican Party in 2006 is that we do get to run against...YOU...and by the time you guys get done shooting yourselves in the foot with your Moveon.org rhetoric that scares the piss out of the American people, we may just dodge a major bullet in 2006 and hold onto both Congressional bodies.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 12:13:13 AM »

Are you dense? This whole Judith Miller thing is proof that the media leans right, not left. Even Pat Buchanan admits that.
MarkDel

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 12:17:32 AM »

JFern,

Yeah, I'm dense. You're telling me that the Media leans right and I'm dense. The Media may be right of YOU and the most extreme elements in the radical wing of the Democratic Party, but the Media is wayyyy to the left of mainstream America. And just because Judith Miller had some schoolgirl-like crush on Scooter Libby, that doesn't mean the New York Times and Pinch "Thank God My Daddy Was Rich or I'd Be Homeless" Sulzberger are right wing.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 12:20:13 AM »

Well, at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel.  Welcome back again Mark.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 12:22:43 AM »

JFern,

Yeah, I'm dense. You're telling me that the Media leans right and I'm dense. The Media may be right of YOU and the most extreme elements in the radical wing of the Democratic Party, but the Media is wayyyy to the left of mainstream America. And just because Judith Miller had some schoolgirl-like crush on Scooter Libby, that doesn't mean the New York Times and Pinch "Thank God My Daddy Was Rich or I'd Be Homeless" Sulzberger are right wing.

If the NY Times can call a right-wing pro-war liar like Judith Miller a journalist, perhaps this liberal media myth needs to be re-examined. And it was far more than just the NY Times. Again and again the media failed to accurately cover the drive to war Iraq. They show their pro-Republican bias repeatedly. Look at the kid glove treatment given to Bush for most of his President, Arnold during the recall campaign, and so on. Face, it the media are a bunch of corporations who don't want someone like Kerry to raise their taxes.
MarkDel

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 12:30:04 AM »

JFern,

The "liberal media myth" has been re-examined over and over again. Statistics trump your "black helicopter" like view that giant corporations tightly control the newsrooms. Do I have to trot out the mountain of stats about the political ideology of reporters, writers, etc...this stuff has been analyzed to death and the results are clear as day...
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 12:33:34 AM »
« Edited: October 22, 2005, 12:35:32 AM by jfern »

JFern,

The "liberal media myth" has been re-examined over and over again. Statistics trump your "black helicopter" like view that giant corporations tightly control the newsrooms. Do I have to trot out the mountain of stats about the political ideology of reporters, writers, etc...this stuff has been analyzed to death and the results are clear as day...

Your outdated statistics about the rank and file are meaningless. The overpaid  TV anchors and the CEOs behind the corporations tend to dislike people who will raise their taxes.

I quote from Pat Buchanan:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Pat Buchanan has it right. When Bush needed support so that he could go to war in Iraq, the NY Times was a pro-war rag.
MarkDel

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 12:33:42 AM »
« Edited: October 22, 2005, 12:37:20 AM by MarkDel »

Well, at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel.  Welcome back again Mark.

Supersoulty,

There is, but I'm telling you that DARK f%$cking days lie ahead...LOL

I have advised all fellow Republicans with short tempers to take up a new hobby in the weeks to come...don't watch TV news, it will be too depressing.

On a better note, I just got an e-mail from my Cousin who is back in Iraq for Tour #2, and he tells me that things there are FAR better than our left wing media buddies are saying.
MarkDel

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2005, 12:36:52 AM »

JFern,

First of all, Pat Buchanan is an even better candidate for a Rubber Room than you are, so quoting him on anything is laughable. He was and is a staunch critic of the Iraq War, so he will say or do anything to enhance his anti-war position. Second, outdated statistics??? From last year??? One of these days you need to explore lucidity, it is a vastly underrated state of being.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 12:37:34 AM »

Supersoulty,

There is, but I'm telling you that DARK ing days lie ahead...LOL

I have advised all fellow Republicans with short tempers to take up a new hobby in the weeks to come...don't watch TV news, it will be too depressing.

On a better note, I just got an e-mail from my Cousin who is back in Iraq for Tour #2, and he tells me that things there are FAR better than our left wing media buddies are saying.

There have been 60 US soldiers killed there so far this month.
MarkDel

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2005, 12:41:14 AM »

JFern,

Is the casualty rate the only measure of success in a War? I realize that you Democrats would never pass up a chance to score political points at the deaths of US soldiers, but surely there is more than one criteria when you analyze how well, or poorly, a war is progressing.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2005, 12:46:29 AM »

JFern,

First of all, Pat Buchanan is an even better candidate for a Rubber Room than you are, so quoting him on anything is laughable. He was and is a staunch critic of the Iraq War, so he will say or do anything to enhance his anti-war position. Second, outdated statistics??? From last year??? One of these days you need to explore lucidity, it is a vastly underrated state of being.

Do you have statistiscs on major TV news anchors or radio personalities, or are do they just weight everyone equallly, regardless of their power? The fact is that pro-Republican media bias is very common. Fox got busted making up quotes about Kerry shortly before the election. The Washington Post got busted with right-wing lies about Blanco. The NY Times got busted with a pro-war liar on their payroll. Several news agencies got busted with people being paid taxpayer money to print stuff favorable to Bush.

When a major story breaks that would help liberals if published, often no media will cover it. When the Republicans stole Florida, Greg Palast was unable to get his story published in the US. He did get it published in the BBC, which actually has stricter standards for reporting, since you can be sued for libel easily there. The media were simply not interested in reporting how the election was stolen, how there was a scrub list of people who couldn't vote because of supposed felonies, some of which had convictions dates of 6 years in the future listed. I will not forget and not forgive the media's failure to cover that. No, the media is on your guys side, you only think they're liberally biased because they do sometimes run stories favorable to liberals. You'd rather the media be like Pravda, and only print stories you want to see.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2005, 12:48:09 AM »

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm certainly masturbating furiously to this topic.

OH ATLAS FORUM TOPIC, YOU'RE SO GOOD
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2005, 12:50:28 AM »

JFern,

Is the casualty rate the only measure of success in a War? I realize that you Democrats would never pass up a chance to score political points at the deaths of US soldiers, but surely there is more than one criteria when you analyze how well, or poorly, a war is progressing.

Regardless of the number of deaths,
1. Where are the WMD? Where was the imminent threat?
2. How come it cost so much more than we were promised?
3. Wasn't Mission accomplished 2 1/2 years ago?
4. Even Bush admits there's no 9/11-Saddam connection

Face it, Bush lied to get us there, and we invaded for no good reason. If there had been 0 US deaths, it would have still been a disaster. It's sad that almost 2000 have died for Bush's lies.
MarkDel

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2005, 12:51:19 AM »

JFern, you need help, serious help.

Gabu, I thought I would add some humor to a very depressing post from my point of view. You can tell from JFern's spirited mood that he does indeed have his hands down his pants these days as he watches the problems unfold for Republicans...LOL
MarkDel

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2005, 12:53:39 AM »

JFern,

So, it is your position that the President of the United States would willingly kill 2,000 American soldiers to gain hold of a good political issue, that is what you're saying, right?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2005, 12:54:58 AM »

JFern, you need help, serious help.

Gabu, I thought I would add some humor to a very depressing post from my point of view. You can tell from JFern's spirited mood that he does indeed have his hands down his pants these days as he watches the problems unfold for Republicans...LOL

No, I am not happy about any of what has occured, I really wish that this asshole hadn't stolen his way to the Presidency. Instead all I can hope for now is that justice will be served. Your war criminal does not make me happy, he makes me very disgusted at him, and anyone who would dare support him. .
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2005, 12:59:09 AM »

JFern,

So, it is your position that the President of the United States would willingly kill 2,000 American soldiers to gain hold of a good political issue, that is what you're saying, right?

He's not killing them on pourpose, but this has certainly been a waste of human lives, since we invaded for no good reason, and all of the reasons for invading were based upon lives. The only thing good that came out of it was we got rid of Saddam, but we did that 2 years ago. Why are we still there? Why did we build permanent military bases? Is Bush going to expand the war to Syria or Iran like Nixon expanded Vietnam?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2005, 01:20:12 AM »

BTW, if you want statistics on actual bias of reporting, check this out.
http://www.alternet.org/columnists/story/12667/

Anyways, if the media is so liberal, why did they support a right-wing war based upon lies?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2005, 01:27:36 AM »

Wow...
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2005, 01:31:26 AM »

Mark,

It doesn't surprise me that Miers is not worth much.  A lot of us including myself were all over her on day one her the boards.

I have been getting a very bad feeling about the Special Prosecutor these last two days.  So it doesn't shock me that some one might get indicted soon.

Dark days?  Maybe.  But its always darkest before the dawn.  Perhaps some demons need to be excorcised before the party can get its bearings again.  And we had lost our way long before Quagmiers and Rovegate.

Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2005, 04:41:21 AM »

I'm afraid that no matter how much I squint, it is impossible to  make Bush look like a sexy woman.

If it makes you feel better, it's been a dark five years on this side of the aisle.   It's been like watching a grandiose tragedy for the past half decade - Those whom the gods would destroy they first make proud.   The Miers nomination was simply the final straw - an act of personal hubris as though to flaunt the amount of influence he has had over his own party to do his will.

The writing has been on the wall for a long time now.   An unwillingness to take responsibility for the failures which have occured, in Iraq and elsewhere.  Cabnet level defections - to which the response is character assasination.  Politics as a blood sport, the politics of personal destruction - with a brutality even to members of his own party (John McCain, Jim Jeffords).

And yet, part of me feels sorry for Bush.   Don't get me wrong, justice must be done.   Nobody, not even the president, is above the law.   But he is a man who has had a troubled life.   Always living in his fathers shadow and with his fathers name, repeatedly failing at buisness but never having to face the consequences beyond the blows to his ego (which can be brutal in and of themselves - especially when someone bails you out repeatedly)..  A long history of binge drinking, followed by a religious epiphany but never facing his demons that drove him to drink.  (there are 11 more steps in AA recovery).  Ah, but enough of that bleeding heart crap. 

Suffice it to say, I take no great joy in this, though I do believe that it needs to be done.  Though some of you blatently partisan types might not belive it, there are those of us for whom the most important thing is our great nation, rather than partisan squabbles.  Perhaps once this has played through we can get more openness in government - more transperancy and more accountability.   Perhaps after this we can return to the model that works, one in which though there be disagreements as to what actions might actions might best serve our great nation - the other side (and, frankly the 'other side' isn't some static position.  We are a nation of individuals, and we like our politicians to be unique individuals as well, rather than cogs in a party machinery) is viewed as honorable, the loyal opposition - people who also love America but have a different viewpoint as to how best manage it's affairs.

Then again, perhaps I'm just an idealist with silly notions of honor and integrity.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2005, 04:44:48 AM »
« Edited: October 22, 2005, 04:47:25 AM by jfern »

And yet, part of me feels sorry for Bush.   Don't get me wrong, justice must be done.   Nobody, not even the president, is above the law.   But he is a man who has had a troubled life.   Always living in his fathers shadow and with his fathers name, repeatedly failing at buisness but never having to face the consequences beyond the blows to his ego (which can be brutal in and of themselves - especially when someone bails you out repeatedly)..  A long history of binge drinking, followed by a religious epiphany but never facing his demons that drove him to drink.  (there are 11 more steps in AA recovery).  Ah, but enough of that bleeding heart crap. 

Actually one of the first thing that both George Bushes did in early childhood was start a company that failed, losing a lot of their father's friends money. The comment that George Bush was born with a silver foot in his mouth was said about Bush Senior. True, Senior is a better man than Junior, but don't forget that he claims he "can't remember" where he was when JFK was killed (sources place him in Dallas).
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2005, 04:53:08 AM »

True, Senior is a better man than Junior, but don't forget that he claims he "can't remember" where he was when JFK was killed (sources place him in Dallas).

You accusing G.H.W.Bush of shooting JFK? Good one! Grin Grin Grin

No... wait... you aren't being serious are you?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2005, 04:57:17 AM »

True, Senior is a better man than Junior, but don't forget that he claims he "can't remember" where he was when JFK was killed (sources place him in Dallas).

You accusing G.H.W.Bush of shooting JFK? Good one! Grin Grin Grin

No... wait... you aren't being serious are you?

I never said Bush Sr. pulled the trigger. Don't you find it weird that Bush "can't remember" where he was? Both he and Nixon were in Dallas that day. Nixon might have finally admitted he was there.

It seems that you have way too much blind trust in politicians. There's a lot of fishy stuff regarding the JFK assassination. It'
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies