Republicans, Brace Yourselves for a Miserable 6 Months
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:54:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans, Brace Yourselves for a Miserable 6 Months
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Republicans, Brace Yourselves for a Miserable 6 Months  (Read 5810 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2005, 04:59:27 AM »

Where did I say Bush pulled the trigger?

You didn't. But it was implied in the way you wrote the little piece. Is English your second language by any chance?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Uh huh. Obviously he was busy directing Oswald (not wait... he was INNOCENT wasn't he?) sorry the CIA/FBI/Masons/Aliens/etc and giving them LBJ's secret orders. Right? Now... at this point the black helicopers turned up and...
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2005, 05:02:09 AM »

Where did I say Bush pulled the trigger?

You didn't. But it was implied in the way you wrote the little piece. Is English your second language by any chance?
WTF? I didn't imply he'd pull the trigger. Why would he do that? At the least he'd get some supposed communist sympathizer to do the job.

Uh huh. Obviously he was busy directing Oswald (not wait... he was INNOCENT wasn't he?) sorry the CIA/FBI/Masons/Aliens/etc and giving them LBJ's secret orders. Right? Now... at this point the black helicopers turned up and...
[/quote]

So how come Bush Sr. "doesn't remember" where he was? How come Nixon was in Dallas that morning? You have way too much blind trust in politicians.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2005, 05:08:23 AM »

WTF? I didn't imply he'd pull the trigger.

You were certainly impling that he was responsible in some way for the murder of JFK. Now seeing as most people who aren't paranoid conspiracy theorists now accept that the murder was commited by one... ma... oh

Grin

Are you for real?

In the grand scheme of things, George H W Bush didn't matter much in the early '60's.

Because he was in cahoots with LBJ and apparently GHW Bush in a plot to kill JFK. Duh.

And you are mentally disturbed
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2005, 05:11:35 AM »

WTF? I didn't imply he'd pull the trigger.

You were certainly impling that he was responsible in some way for the murder of JFK. Now seeing as most people who aren't paranoid conspiracy theorists now accept that the murder was commited by one... ma... oh

Grin

Are you for real?

I take it you don't know much about the JFK assassination. Ask StatesRights, I think he blames it all on LBJ.

In the grand scheme of things, George H W Bush didn't matter much in the early '60's.
[/quote]
He's not the Bush who did a lot of drugs. He was 39 at the time. There's something wrong with pretty much anyone who was 39 then and can't remember what they were doing when they heard of the JFK assassination.

Because he was in cahoots with LBJ and apparently GHW Bush in a plot to kill JFK. Duh.
[/quote]

Can I get a serious answer now?

And you are mentally disturbed
[/quote]
Idiot
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2005, 05:24:27 AM »

I take it you don't know much about the JFK assassination.

No, I'm fairly sure about what happend. Unlike you I don't need to make things up to make bad things understandable

Soooooo? He still didn't matter much.

And you know this, how? How old are you, btw?

To get a serious answer you'll have to answer a serious question

Charming
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2005, 05:31:17 AM »

JFern,

Is the casualty rate the only measure of success in a War? I realize that you Democrats would never pass up a chance to score political points at the deaths of US soldiers, but surely there is more than one criteria when you analyze how well, or poorly, a war is progressing.

The measure of success that matters is obviously the amount of graft, corruption, and war profiteering that can be done by the cronies of whoever is in power at the time.

JFern,
So, it is your position that the President of the United States would willingly kill 2,000 American soldiers to gain hold of a good political issue, that is what you're saying, right?

I think this is clearly one purpose, though the aforementioned profiteering and corruption is equally important.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2005, 07:20:31 AM »

Mark,

It doesn't surprise me that Miers is not worth much.  A lot of us including myself were all over her on day one her the boards.

I have been getting a very bad feeling about the Special Prosecutor these last two days.  So it doesn't shock me that some one might get indicted soon.

Dark days?  Maybe.  But its always darkest before the dawn.  Perhaps some demons need to be excorcised before the party can get its bearings again.  And we had lost our way long before Quagmiers and Rovegate.

I have to agree with you here, John.

The Republican congress has behaved disgracefully on spending, and stands for nothing at this point beyond the maintenance of its own power.  Denny Hastert has become our own Republican version of Tip O'Neill -- big, fat and out of control, at least with respect to government spending.

Of course, I hate the Democrats, and view them as a worse alternative.  But politics should be about a little more than choosing the party you hate the least.  Every party needs a good jolt occasionally to wake up those who have led it astray.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2005, 09:33:59 AM »

I just want to confirm to all newcomers that Mark is a reliable source.  He gave  us the John Edwards information 12 hours before the mainstream media broke it.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2005, 04:34:43 PM »

I take it you don't know much about the JFK assassination.

No, I'm fairly sure about what happend. Unlike you I don't need to make things up to make bad things understandable

Soooooo? He still didn't matter much.

And you know this, how? How old are you, btw?

To get a serious answer you'll have to answer a serious question

I asked why was Nixon in Dallas then? You social conservatives are so blind to curroption.

Charming
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2005, 04:43:38 PM »

I asked why was Nixon in Dallas then?

Why was anyone in Dallas?

Not being a paranoid conspiracy theorist makes me blind to corruption?
And I don't see what my views on abortion and all that has to do with anything...
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2005, 04:45:37 PM »

LOL

This topic is hilarious!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2005, 04:50:10 PM »

I asked why was Nixon in Dallas then?

Why was anyone in Dallas?

Not being a paranoid conspiracy theorist makes me blind to corruption?
And I don't see what my views on abortion and all that has to do with anything...

So you don't find it strange that Nixon was in Dallas then? He spent almost most all of his life in CA, NY, and DC. Why was he in Dallas that morning?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2005, 04:54:37 PM »

So you don't find it strange that Nixon was in Dallas then?

No. It's a free country. There's no law against going to a big city in the United States.
I don't think anything else even remotely points to him being involved in the murder of JFK anyway.

Uh huh. So?

Obviously to tell LBJ to tell GHW Bush to tell Oswald where to aim the gun Tongue
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2005, 05:02:10 PM »

No. It's a free country. There's no law against going to a big city in the United States.
I don't think anything else even remotely points to him being involved in the murder of JFK anyway.

Let me guess, you actually believe lawyer Arlen Specter's magic bullet theory?

Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2005, 05:02:22 PM »

:: reaches for the KY Warming Jelly ::

Lock and load fellah's, lock and load.  Smiley
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2005, 05:04:19 PM »

My personal favorite is aloe vera.  It's all natural so it doesn't burn at all during urination afterwards.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2005, 05:05:27 PM »

Uh huh. So?

Obviously to tell LBJ to tell GHW Bush to tell Oswald where to aim the gun Tongue

Oswald didn't shoot Kennedy.

(Wonder how many of you get that joke.)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2005, 05:07:20 PM »

Let me ask you a question; is there any evidence pointing towards a conspiracy? (and no, that film by Oliver Stone doesn't count as evidence. Films and reality do sometimes differ. I understand that this may be a difficult concept for you to grasp).
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2005, 05:11:48 PM »

I actually saw a show on the Discovery channel last Saturday in which they recreated all three shots that occur in the single-shooter theory using carefully-molded models out of gelatin and a material used to simulate bone.  Supposedly, when stored at the right temperature, this gelatin perfectly recreates the physics of an object travelling through human flesh.

For the third shot, they painted the target on JFK's body, set up models to simulate Connolly's body, arm, and leg, and then had a professional marksman make the shot.  The shot went through JFK, through Connolly's body, hit the bone in his wrist, and deflected just so that it turned enough to hit Connolly's leg.

It wasn't a perfect recreation because they later found that the bullet was half an inch too low and shattered two ribs in Connolly's body instead of just one, lessening the bullet's velocity enough that it didn't pierce his leg, but the trajectory was absolutely dead-on, and with only a single bullet.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2005, 05:15:43 PM »

I actually saw a show on the Discovery channel last Saturday in which they recreated all three shots that occur in the single-shooter theory using carefully-molded models out of gelatin and a material used to simulate bone.  Supposedly, when stored at the right temperature, this gelatin perfectly recreates the physics of an object travelling through human flesh.

For the third shot, they painted the target on JFK's body, set up models to simulate Connolly's body, arm, and leg, and then had a professional marksman make the shot.  The shot went through JFK, through Connolly's body, hit the bone in his wrist, and deflected just so that it turned enough to hit Connolly's leg.

It wasn't a perfect recreation because they later found that the bullet was half an inch too low and shattered two ribs in Connolly's body instead of just one, lessening the bullet's velocity enough that it didn't pierce his leg, but the trajectory was absolutely dead-on, and with only a single bullet.

Was the bullet then found in near perfect condition?
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2005, 05:21:37 PM »

2. BUT...the Patrick Fitzgerald investigation is about to EXPLODE in our faces in a bigger way than I ever could have imagined. Despite no real hard evidence beyond inference and "common sense" supposition, Fitzgerald will proceed with a host of charges against a host of people up and down the Bush administration. This issue will not stop at Rove and/or Libby. Get ready for the 2005 version of Iran Contra.

Do you believe that Fitz may go as high as the President and Vice President?  I doubt either could be indicted, but maybe unindicted co-conspirator?

Do you think that any of the charges will stick or will most be dismissed?

Thanks.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2005, 05:24:29 PM »

From what I've read, the case against Delay is very solid and he will be found guilty on at least one of the charges.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2005, 05:25:34 PM »

My personal favorite is aloe vera.  It's all natural so it doesn't burn at all during urination afterwards.

Baby oil's good as well.  If it sat for a while, baby oil's the worse alternative.  Anyway, wlecome back Mark.  It's a shame you have to be such a jerkoff to us Dems.  You act as if we're trying to ruin America.  Get off the high horse you rode on, please!  
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2005, 05:31:43 PM »

[It's a shame you have to be such a jerkoff to us Dems.  You act as if we're trying to ruin America.  Get off the high horse you rode on, please!  

Democrats, even if they wanted to, couldn't dream of ruining America the way Republicans are doing.
khirkhib

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2005, 05:32:02 PM »

How many of Clinton's cabinet went to jail?
I mean there were all those charges and everything but I can't remember how many went to jail.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies