Am I Anti-American?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:10:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Am I Anti-American?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Am I Anti-American?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Am I Anti-American?  (Read 2669 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2005, 04:49:25 PM »

I see nothing anti-American about them at all. Only anti-Bush. Therefore if you consider that anti-American, you must consider everything anti-Bush to be anti-American.

Your reasoning powers are severely constricted.

OK, then name someone who hates Bush as much as me and jfern you don't consider anti-American.

Give me a few names and I'll tell you.  I don't exactly keep a list of what everybody thinks of the president at any given moment.

OK, do you think John Kerry hates America?

No.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2005, 04:53:26 PM »

I see nothing anti-American about them at all. Only anti-Bush. Therefore if you consider that anti-American, you must consider everything anti-Bush to be anti-American.

Your reasoning powers are severely constricted.

OK, then name someone who hates Bush as much as me and jfern you don't consider anti-American.

Give me a few names and I'll tell you.  I don't exactly keep a list of what everybody thinks of the president at any given moment.

OK, do you think John Kerry hates America?

No.

Well then it's odd that all these supposed America-haters would support him.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2005, 04:59:43 PM »

Well then it's odd that all these supposed America-haters would support him.

Not at all.  From their point of view, he was the better of the two options.  Most of Kerry's voters were not America-haters.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2005, 05:01:33 PM »

So does Howard Dean hate America?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »

No. Not at all. Its just an attempt by your enemies to silence you.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2005, 05:07:30 PM »

So does Howard Dean hate America?

I'd say he's hostile to the values that a majority of Americans believe in.  He's not really an America-hater per se, but he's sort of a "fellow traveler" if you know what I mean.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2005, 05:09:39 PM »

Not always.  Sometimes it actually is the case.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2005, 05:10:04 PM »

There's not much difference betwee him and Kerry, or Kerry or him and the average MoveOn supporter.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2005, 05:10:31 PM »

Not always.  Sometimes it actually is the case.
I agree, however I believe that its true in this case.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2005, 05:11:48 PM »

There's not much difference betwee him and Kerry, or Kerry or him and the average MoveOn supporter.

Well, Kerry voted for the Iraq war, and was calling for action against Iraq since 1997.  That sounds like a major difference to me.  I guess it was OK to take those positions as long as a Democrat was in the White House, but now it isn't.  The anti-war position just wasn't "cool" or "hip" back then, as Janeanne Garafolo said.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2005, 05:16:40 PM »

Oh, so it's simply being against the Iraq invasion that makes someone anti-American. I guess Ron Paul hates America than.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2005, 05:17:59 PM »

Oh, so it's simply being against the Iraq invasion that makes someone anti-American. I guess Ron Paul hates America than.

BRTD, this is another example of your deficient reasoning capability.  In response to your comment, I was simply pointing out a difference between the moveon.org freaks and Kerry.  I'm sure there are others.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2005, 05:20:31 PM »

Dazzleman's reasoning is seriously flawed. I've grown pretty sick of hearing that liberals hate America from the last few years. It's sad that the Republicans have no record to run on, and instead must blame liberals for all problems.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2005, 05:23:36 PM »

Dazzleman's reasoning is seriously flawed. I've grown pretty sick of hearing that liberals hate America from the last few years. It's sad that the Republicans have no record to run on, and instead must blame liberals for all problems.

Where have you been?  It's been the last 35 years.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2005, 05:25:40 PM »

Well, whatever. It's sad that you Republicans are still blaming liberals for everything, even now that you Republicans have run the country into the ground.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2005, 05:28:43 PM »

Well, whatever. It's sad that you Republicans are still blaming liberals for everything, even now that you Republicans have run the country into the ground.

It's called politics.  You just said that Republicans have run the country into the ground.  Is that not blaming?  There have been many bad effects to some liberal policies, and conservatives have capitalized on that.  Just as liberals will capitalize on conservative mistakes.  Stop playing the victim.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2005, 05:30:00 PM »

You should learn not to call the kettle black, pot. You're just as bad about blaming the Republicans for everything.

Now all of you, please take your damn medicine:

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2005, 05:33:05 PM »

It's called politics.  You just said that Republicans have run the country into the ground.  Is that not blaming?  There have been many bad effects to some liberal policies, and conservatives have capitalized on that.  Just as liberals will capitalize on conservative mistakes.  Stop playing the victim.

Liberals have no control over the federal government. You can stop blaming us. This country has done much better when Republicans didn't have complete control. For 82 years, every Democratic President has beaten every Republican President in job creation. For 60 years, every Democratic President has had national debt / GDP go down, and for 31 years, every Republican President has had the opposite. This is to say nothing about the image of America in the world, which is pretty sh**tty right now. Bush ignored the 8/06/01 memo, and let Bin Laden get away. Remind me why anyone supports him?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2005, 05:33:38 PM »

You should learn not to call the kettle black, pot. You're just as bad about blaming the Republicans for everything.

Now all of you, please take your damn medicine:

So who runs the federal government? Republicans or liberals?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2005, 05:38:13 PM »

Remind me why anyone supports him?

Because they're repelled by people like you, who overplay your hand in blaming him for things that would have happened anyway, or whose causes were set in motion or ignored by predecessors.  Your view of things is seriously skewed.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2005, 05:39:35 PM »

Because they're repelled by people like you, who overplay your hand in blaming him for things that would have happened anyway.

So, um, you support the people who have controlled the entire federal government for the last 5 years because of some poster on an Internet forum?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2005, 05:42:14 PM »

Because they're repelled by people like you, who overplay your hand in blaming him for things that would have happened anyway.

So, um, you support the people who have controlled the entire federal government for the last 5 years because of some poster on an Internet forum?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!  You're so clever. 

People like you represent Bush's most vocal opposition.  They are the people who re-elected Bush.  Take a bow for helping re-elect the president.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2005, 05:46:39 PM »

So who runs the federal government? Republicans or liberals?

Honestly I believe that's just a convenient excuse for you - you would likely be blaming the Republicans for everything that goes wrong even if the Dems were in charge. You are quite frankly one of the top partisans on this board, and your attitude blinds you towards anything good the other side might do. I shouldn't have to remind you that I am no fan of the Republican party, but I don't buy into the partisan propaganda that tells me that every god damn thing that goes wrong is somehow their fault. And maybe you might just wish to consider that the Democrats are no longer in power for a reason, and then you might consider looking into what that reason might be.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2005, 11:04:41 AM »

No, you are not anti-American.  You may go against the grain of the majority, but when push comes to shove, I'm sure you'll stand with this country in time of need.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies