Spousal Consent on Abortion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:29:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Spousal Consent on Abortion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If a married woman wants an abortion, should she need her husband's consent? (see below)
Yes

Yes, and she should need the father's consent even if she is unmarried

No

Abortion should be illegal anyway

other (please explain)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: Spousal Consent on Abortion  (Read 1581 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: October 23, 2005, 02:46:07 PM »

This is a difficult area to legislate.

I think honestly that women who push the "it's my body" philosophy have shot themselves in the foot.

First of all, it's not the woman's body.  It is a fetus' body that is being destroyed, not the woman's body.  And the fetus was created by both a man and a woman.

I think that both the father and mother should have equal rights and responsibilities when it comes to their offspring.  Parenting is more about responsibilities than rights, but the two are closely linked.  And women who have sought to run roughshod over the rights of the men who have fathered their children have brought ever more responsibility for childrearing upon themselves.

Right now, we have more women bearing sole responsibility for childrearing, including financial support, than at any time in our history.  In certain segments of society, women are the primary and sometimes only financial support for a majority of children.

The results of this situation have been disastrous.  Children growing up without the support of their fathers, either financial or emotional, are disadvantaged in every area, even if they are not financially poor.

And women who bear sole responsibility, including financial, for raising their children are generally exhausted and overstressed.  And they know they can't properly do the job alone in most cases.

There is a strong link between the "it's my body" attitude and the situation I am describing.  We need to get back to dual rights/responsibilities instead of obsessing over rights while ignoring responsibilities.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies