Should gay sodomy be illegal?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:20:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should gay sodomy be illegal?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Should (consensual) gay sodomy be illegal?
It should be legal

It should be illegal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: Should gay sodomy be illegal?  (Read 3224 times)
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2005, 01:25:01 PM »

They are specific rights to privacy. There is no evidence of a generic right to privacy. Indeed, the text itself makes that clear by implication.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2005, 01:26:27 PM »

They are specific rights to privacy. There is no evidence of a generic right to privacy. Indeed, the text itself makes that clear by implication.

Not at all.  It would be impossible to list all the rights, and they wisely did not attempt to do so.  I believe there is some famous line in there where they suggest that the enumerated rights aren't intended to imply that there may not be other rights in addition.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2005, 01:33:47 PM »

I'll admit to not being very constitution savvy, but it seems to me that the 4th amendment contains some elements of a right to privacy.

My opinion on the fourth in regards to privacy is that it sets up the system so that privacy is protected as a result, but it doesn't really gaurantee privacy per se.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2005, 01:44:33 PM »

Not at all.  It would be impossible to list all the rights, and they wisely did not attempt to do so.  I believe there is some famous line in there where they suggest that the enumerated rights aren't intended to imply that there may not be other rights in addition.

All that means is that the bill of rights is not to be taken to expand federal power in areas not specifically prohibited.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies