Forum Poll :Evolution Re:Majority of Americans reject theory of evolution (doh!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:59:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Forum Poll :Evolution Re:Majority of Americans reject theory of evolution (doh!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which statement fits your position on evolution (going to church means at least once a week)
I go to church and God created humans.

I go to church and Humans evolved but God guided the process.

I go to church and Humans evolved and God wasn't involved.

I dont go to church and God created humans.

I dont go to church and Humans evolved but God guided the process.

I dont go to church and Humans evolved and God wasn't involved.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Forum Poll :Evolution Re:Majority of Americans reject theory of evolution (doh!)  (Read 5765 times)
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« on: October 26, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »

A combination of the first and second.

That vast majority is no more or less brainwashed than you are, but you don't recognize that fact - you're right and everyone else is wrong. Science is right and religion is wrong. Sounds a lot like what you accuse religious people of, only you're really lashing out at them. Except they're just there, they believe what they believe and keep going. They've bought into a value system like you have. So if I ripped into you for putting your faith in science and not religion, which I could but won't, I would be what? An intolerant brainwashed gung-ho sexist right wing nutcase, to be kind. And I could come back with the atheist left-wing totalitarian rights-trampling you-were-born-in-a-testtube-marked-failure type rhetoric too, but that wouldn't get us very far, would it? I think not.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 01:42:29 PM »

Re:Majority of Americans reject theory of evolution (doh!)

And was this somehow a surprise? 

off course. not believing in evolution is a process that involves brainwashing you with religious garbage from you are born.

you arent born believing in god. you arent born racist. but they are both nurtured from an early age.

So is that how you became a crazy Democrat?

no i became a democrat as i was sick and tired of religion being used in politics.

Over 80% of people in Australia, UK, Sweden,Denmark etc are religious but they dont go to church as they have better things to do than listen to a person intrepret a book that was written by a group of sexist pigs.

Before we had schools, the only way to get educated was to commit yourself to christ hence you became a monk. Now we live in the 21st century but backward states like Alabama, Texas etc have taken religion to far. Hank Irwin believes that katrina was gods doing (doh!) he is an elected offical!

We have a guy running for governor in Alabama who believes the 10 commandments should be publicly displayed. These commandments are completely irrevelant 2000 years on.

We can sit and discuss the merits of having religion in ones life but the use of it in society is what divides this country.

We are at war both home and abroad. Religion will lose and its not people like me who are to be blamed for its downfall but the people that take religion to far.

Do you even know what the 10 Commandments say?

Your issue is that Christians have a reputation for voting Republican. if that were reversed and they had a reputation for voting Democrat, you wouldn't bother with this ranting and all of the cosmos sized generalities and venom you let fly. That's really what your issue is. It makes no sense to say you became a Democrat because you are sick and tired of religion in politics. If you were really tired of religion in politics, you wouldn't BE political for the reason you gave.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 02:21:08 PM »

I'm surprised this site is way more pro-evolution than the general public.

I'm not. I imagine boards like this present a too highly specialized topic to interest the general public. It's probably no more representative of the general public than, say, a movie classics board.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies