Forum Poll :Evolution Re:Majority of Americans reject theory of evolution (doh!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:09:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Forum Poll :Evolution Re:Majority of Americans reject theory of evolution (doh!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which statement fits your position on evolution (going to church means at least once a week)
I go to church and God created humans.

I go to church and Humans evolved but God guided the process.

I go to church and Humans evolved and God wasn't involved.

I dont go to church and God created humans.

I dont go to church and Humans evolved but God guided the process.

I dont go to church and Humans evolved and God wasn't involved.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Forum Poll :Evolution Re:Majority of Americans reject theory of evolution (doh!)  (Read 5761 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 25, 2005, 09:34:19 AM »

I'll have to go with Option 2.  There is no doubt that we have evolved (just compare our heights today with those of people living 200 years ago).  However, our basic physical appearance (standing upright, 10 fingers and toes, etc) has not changed since first appearing on the planet.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 09:57:47 AM »

I have to agree with that, but I went with option 4 instead of option 5.

So, yeah, I don't believe we came from apes.

I was torn between Option 1 and 2. 
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 10:34:22 AM »

Re:Majority of Americans reject theory of evolution (doh!)

And was this somehow a surprise? 
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 10:46:05 AM »

Re:Majority of Americans reject theory of evolution (doh!)

And was this somehow a surprise? 

off course. not believing in evolution is a process that involves brainwashing you with religious garbage from you are born.

you arent born believing in god. you arent born racist. but they are both nurtured from an early age.

....religious garbage......  Roll Eyes

Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean the majority of the people in the US are brainwashed.  Last time I checked, over 75% of the US population identifies with one of the three major religions. 

Also, I wasn't born knowing how to do long hand division.  Does that mean I was brain washed into believing that math actually exists?  Roll Eyes 
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 11:32:31 AM »

Evolution without intelligent design. Why? Because some would say the designer was God, others would say aliens from Mars. Both are outlandish.

That's why I like sci-fi.  We don't know what happened years ago back when we first appeared on the earth.  Did a mystical figure snap his fingers, and "poof," here we are?  Or was it like in Stargate, where we actually came from another galaxy?  Or did a meteor hit our planet and caused an ooze of chemicals to mix and magically create life?  No one knows.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 12:08:47 PM »

I again agree with you, MODU.  Do you really watch Stargate? Cheesy  I love that show!

Yup.  When it first came out, I didn't see it.  I loved the movie, and though that the tv show would ruin it.  However, I got back in during season 4 (I did get caught up on the first three seasons eventually), and have been watching it ever since.

stargate? oh please..dont give more credit to stargate than evolution. the poor finches.

Bye Nomo.  Go take your medication.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 07:20:14 AM »

So far, we have:

God involved - 25 votes
God not involved - 14 votes
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 02:02:58 PM »

Your issue is that Christians have a reputation for voting Republican.

Considering that over 75% of the US population is either Christian, Jewish, or Islamic, I'm sure there are one or two that vote Democrat.  hehehe . . . but then again, we're getting an anti-region rant from someone named "Catholic."  hahaha
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005, 10:08:10 AM »

I'm surprised this site is way more pro-evolution than the general public.

Well, you can read it that way.  Of course, you can also read it that there are many pro-God votes/folks on here as well.  Just depends on how you count the "people evolved with Gods help" votes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies