Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2014, 12:54:42 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  Midwest Executive
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Midwest Executive  (Read 1875 times)
Јas
Jas
YaBB God
Malawi

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2005, 04:38:12 am »
Ignore

Good morning,
As you may be aware, in light of recent events, I have assumed the governorship of the Midwest in line with constitutional procedure.

The Midwest national guard remain under the control of this executive and have been called on to defend our borders. As yet no offensive action has been taken or ordered, and I hope none shall be necessary. I wish to make it clear that, at this time, I have no intention of taking military action against the rebels, who on inspection are clearly few in number (only 3 known Midwestern citizens). I believe this situation can be resolved peacefully and I shall persue diplomatic efforts to try and come to a reasonable solution.

I also wish to point out that unless the Midwest executive calls for military aid from the federal government, any action by Atlasian forces within the Midwest would be very unwelcome and provide legitimate grounds for cessation and war. I urge the cabinet to exercise restraint.

A number of citizens have requested that I appoint a Senator and have submitted suggestions. I want to assure you all this is a priority. I am currently seeking legal advise on the matter and hope to have it resolved shortly.

Thank You.

Funny 'cause it's true:
Very few people seriously allow facts to affect their opinions.

Comrade Sibboleth
Realpolitik
Moderators
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 07:10:48 am »
Ignore

Good luck

Richard Hoggart 1918-2014
farewell
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 07:49:57 am »
Ignore

Somebody have a list of secessionists? Just for info purposes?

I may conceivably reconsider.

Knowing me it's more likely than not.
Јas
Jas
YaBB God
Malawi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 08:03:09 am »
Ignore

Somebody have a list of secessionists? Just for info purposes?

The following is the list of those who claim to have registered in 'West Atlasia':
DanielX
CheeseWhiz
Clay
Speed of Sound
Ron Dubya
Everett
Afleitch (later claimed to seceed from West Atlasia to Independent Colorado)

It remains the position of the Midwest government that no legal secessation has taken place. The Midwest remains a part of the federal republic and it's government continues to operate as normal. We are confident that the situation will be resolved.

Funny 'cause it's true:

afleitch
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 08:19:34 am »
Ignore

Secessation must be recognised before negotiations can take place. The Free State of Colorado was formed as in neutral entity from which negotiations can take place. However until the government of Atlasia recognises West Atlasia's independence, and understands the stance they have taken to guarantee electoral reform, not just talk of reform, then no such negotiations, I feel, will ever take place.

CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 08:25:52 am »
Ignore

Good morning,
I also wish to point out that unless the Midwest executive calls for military aid from the federal government, any action by Atlasian forces within the Midwest would be very unwelcome and provide legitimate grounds for cessation and war. I urge the cabinet to exercise restraint.

Thank you very much, Governor Jas Smiley

I once again agree with afleitch.  How can we have negotiations if you refuse to even acknowledge our very existence?  Right now I strongly feel that we should keep West Atlasia.  Atlasia just isn't handling this very well, imo.

See all those words right above the divider right there?  Don't listen to them, they are the babblings of a moron.
Јas
Jas
YaBB God
Malawi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 08:28:31 am »
Ignore

Secessation must be recognised before negotiations can take place. The Free State of Colorado was formed as in neutral entity from which negotiations can take place. However until the government of Atlasia recognises West Atlasia's independence, and understands the stance they have taken to guarantee electoral reform, not just talk of reform, then no such negotiations, I feel, will ever take place.

I do not speak for the Atlasian government.
I speak for the Midwestern government.
The Midwest government does not recognise 'West Atlasia'.

Atlasia is a federation of regions not states. Claiming that Colorado seceeds from Atlasia is the fantasy equivalent of Cook County, Illinois seceeding from the United States. Whilst many recognise the right of states to seceed from the United States, few would claim counties have the same power.

The position of the Midwest government is informed by the above opinion.

Thank you very much, Governor Jas Smiley

I once again agree with afleitch.  How can we have negotiations if you refuse to even acknowledge our very existence?  Right now I strongly feel that we should keep West Atlasia.  Atlasia just isn't handling this very well, imo.

I acknowledge that there exists a group of citizens who feel maligned by the Atlasian government and the electoral process.
I hope and work for acceptable solutions to these issues.

Funny 'cause it's true:

farewell
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 08:29:20 am »
Ignore

I gotta say, as a Western Atlasian (former and current fantasy registrations in Oregon, Hawai'i and New Mexico) I dislike the name you picked for your West Central construct. Smiley

CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 08:40:06 am »
Ignore

I gotta say, as a Western Atlasian (former and current fantasy registrations in Oregon, Hawai'i and New Mexico) I dislike the name you picked for your West Central construct. Smiley

Sorry Tongue  I think we'll probably change it sometime, but I really don't know.

See all those words right above the divider right there?  Don't listen to them, they are the babblings of a moron.
PBrunsel
YaBB God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 04:36:02 pm »
Ignore

Good luck to you Mr. Governor. Smiley

"I know that the Lord is always on the side of the right. But it is my constant anxiety and prayer that I and this nation should be on the Lord's side."
-President Abraham Lincoln, December 1862
Јas
Jas
YaBB God
Malawi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 05:04:57 am »
Ignore

*Governor Jas steps up to podium outside the Governor's residence in Belle Fourche, SD*

Good morning ladies and gentlemen,

As I stated upon taking office, the appointment of a new Senator for the Midwest was a priority. Though the current Senate term is near an end, the legislature is currently debating numerous bills of importance, as well as continuing the very important discussion on electoral reform.

Given the recent state of affairs, it has not been easy to find somebody I consider an appropriate candidate for the job. Indeed I had to search outside our region. But I believe I've now got that candidate.

I am pleased to announce that I am appointing Lewis Trondheim as Midwest Senator effective immediately. Lewis is very experienced in the ways of Atlasian politics, something I consider important in these tumultuous times. He is familiar with the issues being debated in the Senate and has extensive knowledge of electoral systems which I believe will add positively to the current discussions. I am therefore proud to appoint him as this region's representative.

Thank You.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 06:00:16 am by Governor Jas »Logged

Funny 'cause it's true:

Ebowed
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -8.32, S: -9.30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 05:46:42 am »
Ignore

Is this for the next week, or does he have a full term?

...anyone who says our society must force people to expose themselves to those of the opposite sexual orientation, is not decent.

So you mean if we force the gay to be exposed to the straight, we are treating the gay indecently?  Because you didn't specify which direction the hate was supposed to go there, Black Beans.
Јas
Jas
YaBB God
Malawi

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 05:55:36 am »
Ignore

Is this for the next week, or does he have a full term?

The appointment is made subject to DanielX's resignation of 25 October, and so this appointment shall last until 4 November.

Funny 'cause it's true:

farewell
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 07:03:31 am »
Ignore

Hi.
After about a day's soulsearching, I have decided to be a dirty carpetbagger.
More on this soon. Smiley

Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 08:16:47 am »
Ignore

You wouldn't be a carpetbagger or have needed to move states if New Mexico was still in the Midwest.

*runs away before WMS gets here*
farewell
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 08:44:31 am »
Ignore

I know that. Then again, I moved to New Mexico the day New Mexico became a part of the Pacific - and I voted against the measure that made New Mexico part of the Pacific. My reasoning at the time was, "I'd be glad to have New Mexico, but I'm just as glad to have Montana. The Midwest can have Utah." That's also why I chose to move to Montana right now. Smiley Well, one of the reasons. The second is that I once, many months ago, made a bet to fantasy move to Montana if Bush carried Hawai'i. And the third one is that I've been, not to the Blackfeet Reservation in Montana where I've fantasy moved now, but to the Peigan Blackfoot Reserve in Alberta.

Max Power
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2005, 11:11:06 am »
Ignore

Congratulations, Lewis, and nice pick, Jas!!! Smiley Grin
Q
QQQQQQ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 11:19:17 am »
Ignore

I once, many months ago, made a bet to fantasy move to Montana if Bush carried Hawai'i.

But he didn't.  Huh

Vice President of Atlasia (I-GA)
Max Power
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 11:32:00 am »
Ignore

I once, many months ago, made a bet to fantasy move to Montana if Bush carried Hawai'i.

But he didn't.  Huh
He did, but Diebold thought people would get suspicious and they gave it to Kerry.
WMS
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 0.35

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 01:24:18 pm »
Ignore

You wouldn't be a carpetbagger or have needed to move states if New Mexico was still in the Midwest.

*runs away before WMS gets here*

*loads shotgun* *wraps self up in NM flag*

What was that you were saying, Joe? Grin

Oh, and Lewis can take all those Jesus supporters with him. Tongue
*begins plans to 'encourage' them to leave* Wink

The political class has demonized the working class because the political class no longer represents the working class.  Neither Republicans or Democrats.
Political Beliefs Summarized:
farewell
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2005, 03:29:42 am »
Ignore

I'm calling the National Guard - there's an ethnic cleansing campaign in New Mexico! Wink

Q, what I meant was, this was an additional reason to pick Montana after I decided to move to somewhere in the Midwest.

Јas
Jas
YaBB God
Malawi

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2005, 10:21:40 am »
Ignore

*Governor Jas approches a podium before an assembled press conference within the Midwest Governor's Mansion*

Good morning,

I am here to announce today that I have chosen my replacement in the office of Midwest Lieutenant Governor, a role I consider of significant importance within our region.

As Lt. Governor, I tried to keep contact with CheeseWhiz consulting and advising when asked or when I deemed appropriate. Despite our political differences, I believe that CheeseWhiz and I worked well together, and I hope that I made a difference in the role.

I believe it is clear to all that a Lt. Governor is needed to ensure an orderly succession if required, but the constitutional role of Lt. Governor in our region has recently been broadened beyond this, with the added burden of Chief Judicial Officer. This new and important role raises the stature of the office but I believe I have found someone up to the task of taking it on.

I hope in the coming months of this administration to work with my new Lt. Governor to the benefit of the Midwest and all its citizens. I am confident that my choice will be well received and will succeed in the role.

It gives me great pleasure in announcing Everett as my new Lt. Governor.

Thank You.

Funny 'cause it's true:

Everett
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2005, 10:58:38 am »
Ignore

*Governor Jas approches a podium before an assembled press conference within the Midwest Governor's Mansion*

Good morning,

I am here to announce today that I have chosen my replacement in the office of Midwest Lieutenant Governor, a role I consider of significant importance within our region.

As Lt. Governor, I tried to keep contact with CheeseWhiz consulting and advising when asked or when I deemed appropriate. Despite our political differences, I believe that CheeseWhiz and I worked well together, and I hope that I made a difference in the role.

I believe it is clear to all that a Lt. Governor is needed to ensure an orderly succession if required, but the constitutional role of Lt. Governor in our region has recently been broadened beyond this, with the added burden of Chief Judicial Officer. This new and important role raises the stature of the office but I believe I have found someone up to the task of taking it on.

I hope in the coming months of this administration to work with my new Lt. Governor to the benefit of the Midwest and all its citizens. I am confident that my choice will be well received and will succeed in the role.

It gives me great pleasure in announcing Everett as my new Lt. Governor.

Thank You.
Thank you. I am honoured to serve beside you. Smiley

P.S. I will not be joining in any more revolutions unless the government goes insane again. Tongue
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 11:16:51 am by Lt. Governor Everett »Logged

"People aren't people. They're just political positions."
- Lucas

It's a shame natural selection doesn't seem to apply to threads.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2005, 11:19:46 am »
Ignore

W00T!  Yay! Cheesy

P.S. Yep, Jas and I were a great team, if I do say so myself Smiley

Everett
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2005, 11:22:09 am »
Ignore

I will make another statement here.

If the Honourable CheeseWhiz wishes to be reinstated for any reason, then I will gladly step down. He is much more experienced than I am, and I think that he has been a great politician. Smiley

"People aren't people. They're just political positions."
- Lucas

It's a shame natural selection doesn't seem to apply to threads.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout