I Hereby Resign From the Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:23:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I Hereby Resign From the Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I Hereby Resign From the Senate  (Read 898 times)
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2005, 09:56:48 AM »

Members of the Senate:

It has been a priviledge to work alongside you for what seems an eternity Smiley.  But having been elected, and hoping for a full senate once Joe gets sworn in, I hereby resign from this august body. 

But do not despair.  As a certain Governor of California in Atlasia's hit show The West Wing once said, I'll be back.  And there will be changes to the senate.  To make a long story short, I intend to transfer power from the Vice-Presidency back to the President Pro-Tempore.  During the transition, I will begin laying out specific plans.

Speaking of the President Pro-Tempore, my thoughts and prayers go with Senator Colin.  While your last post seemed pessimistic Senator, my hopes go with you and your grandmother.

Sincerely yours,
Defarge
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 03:45:39 PM »

Actually in the OSPR, most of the power technically lies with the PPT.  Most of that rationale had to do with inactive VPs before and a PPT in Gabu who was extremely active.

Emsworth is the one who actually the reins of running the Senate over as VP, especially when Colin took over PPT and had the long absence.  The OSPR allows for such action, to give a bit of flexibility in case the PPT is absent or vice versa, so that government runs properly.

Essentially, you would be returning things to the original way the document lays it out.  Smiley
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 03:57:17 PM »

Do we even have a quorum now?
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 05:49:42 PM »

Actually in the OSPR, most of the power technically lies with the PPT.  Most of that rationale had to do with inactive VPs before and a PPT in Gabu who was extremely active.

Emsworth is the one who actually the reins of running the Senate over as VP, especially when Colin took over PPT and had the long absence.  The OSPR allows for such action, to give a bit of flexibility in case the PPT is absent or vice versa, so that government runs properly.

Essentially, you would be returning things to the original way the document lays it out.  Smiley
I guess that makes me a conservative Smiley
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 09:47:34 PM »

Al, PBrunsel, Ebowed, Gabu, MasterJedi, Colin (arguable due to inactivity), Q, True Independent. 8.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies