The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:24:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 5900 times)
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2005, 12:20:20 PM »

It is my honour to have secured former Northeast Governor MAS to be my nominee for the Secretary of Defence. At this time, the search for an Attorney General is continuing.

Siege
Great pick!!! Cool
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2005, 01:44:13 PM »

It is my honour to have secured former Northeast Governor MAS to be my nominee for the Secretary of Defence.

Grab your guns fellow citizens, Al Qaeda will soon roam our very streets. Grin
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2005, 04:03:01 PM »

It is my honour to have secured former Northeast Governor MAS to be my nominee for the Secretary of Defence. At this time, the search for an Attorney General is continuing.

Siege

An interesting pick
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2005, 04:07:02 PM »

Siege

An interesting pick

To say the least. . .
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2005, 04:23:31 PM »

Siege

LOL

Good one Siege Grin

Really though
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2005, 07:47:17 PM »

Third State of the Forum Address

This will be my third, and final State of the Forum Address. I’d like to first state it has been my distinct honour and privilege to serve Atlasia since July and I’d now like to take this opportunity to make my final recommendations to the people, and representatives of Atlasia.

Over the past four months the Senate has moved to be fiscally responsible, to which I strongly approve. However, I would like to warn the Senate, that over the past few months, and years the government of Atlasia has entered certain agreements, and began certain policies that will engender great costs to our Republic. We should not be chained to the cross of fiscal responsibility, particularly now as our country suffers through war, and domestic disaster. Running a deficit should not be a concern as we have soldiers in danger, and the rebuilding of New Orleans has not begun in earnest.

This weekend the Iraqi people have voted on their constitution, and at this moment the votes are being counted, and soon we will know whether our attempts to democratize that nation have succeeded. It is my hope that with a permanent government of Iraq in place by 2006, our troops will be able to come home soon. Of course, we should not just decide immediately to withdraw, we should take a slower more concerted effort to see how this new nation among the world develops.

Seeing as this will be my last address as President, I would like to speak on the election of the next President.

Much, in every presidential election is made of the role of President, and reforming it to a more active post. While many would complain about my level of activity, particularly in legislation and debate, I don’t think there is a problem. It has always been my philosophy, that the Senate should have the ultimate right to design and implement laws, and my only responsibility is to veto laws that in my opinion would damage the country, and all other laws, even though the may go against my personal political beliefs, are passed by the Senate, and by extension the people.

Many speak of the Presidency as if it were broken, as if our whole system is somehow not working and that it has all gone terribly wrong. It is my opinion that the role of the President is merely to ensure that the Senate remains on course and that no extreme or radical action is taken under his or her watch. I believe I did this.

I would like to thank the men who were members of this executive; I think that this administration may have seen the best collection of individuals in our Republic’s history. I am very proud to have led this government. In particular I’d like to thank Vice President Emsworth, who has been extremely effective in as a leader, and done excellent work with the Senate. 

I don’t yet know what my legacy will be. Regardless if I am viewed as one of the worst, or best Presidents is no longer a great concern, I am merely grateful I had an opportunity to serve. Thank you all, and good night. 

Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2005, 12:43:21 PM »

As my last full day in office, I would like to thank those who have stood with me through thick and thin, and congradulate, and wish the best of luck to the next President.

Now if you excuse me, I have to back my bags, and register for PBrunsel's Former President's club.

Siege
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2005, 06:05:27 PM »

I salute a fine President. Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2005, 06:16:04 PM »