Michael Moore Face-off
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:26:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate
  Book Reviews and Discussion (Moderator: Torie)
  Michael Moore Face-off
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Which 21st Century Michael Moore book is better?
Stupid White Men

Dude, Where's My Country?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Michael Moore Face-off  (Read 14175 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2005, 09:49:48 PM »

I'll go with Stupid White Men.  It's a better read, it doesn't focus on just one thing like the other book does, which is more of a ramble.  But the cover of Dude Where's My Country is better.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 09:52:27 PM »

I've read them both, and while I marginally like them and they make some interesting points (Like how Nader voters probably gave the Dem's the WA Senate seat in 2000, and thus the Senate for 1.5 years), they blend together for me.

Phil would love one of them though, I remember him saying we needed to knock off Joe Hoeffel because he was a Democrat who wasn't liberal enough.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 10:17:20 PM »

Wow, two books that I've read!

I enjoyed them both, as the bleeding heart liberal that I am. It's been a year though since I read them, so I forget which one is better.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 11:55:34 PM »

I don't like the title of Moore's first book. If someone came out with a book called Stupid Black Men I wouldn't like it either.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 02:46:02 PM »

I don't like the title of Moore's first book. If someone came out with a book called Stupid Black Men I wouldn't like it either.

Most books on the civil rights movement could fit that title.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 05:18:49 PM »

Most books on the civil rights movement could fit that title.

No most books on the civil rights movement canonize the brave white students who tried to help desegregate the south during freedom summers in the 1960s, some of whom ended up dead as a result.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 05:24:18 PM »

Wow, two books that I've read!

I enjoyed them both, as the bleeding heart liberal that I am. It's been a year though since I read them, so I forget which one is better.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I personally favored Dude, Where's My Country? Especially the "Jesus W. Christ" chapter. lol Cheesy
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 11:20:07 PM »

Personally, I kinda liked this one

Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 11:13:47 PM »

Well I hated that one, not that I read it or anything Tongue

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 09:01:36 PM »

Well I hated that one, not that I read it or anything Tongue

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and i dont plan to read, or buy it, except maybe to burn it. Tongue
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 09:08:03 PM »

I read part of "Stupid White Men" and honestly thought it was written by a Conservative making fun of Liberals and being satire. I regarded it as simply absurd and both sick and funny. I had to ask my mom who Michael Moore was before I realized he actually believed that crock.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2005, 10:00:44 PM »

I wouldn't read a Michael Moore book if you put a gun to my head.  I'm sure they both suck.

And I'm sick and tired of the double standard on political correctness.  If somebody came out with a book called Stupid Black Men, or Stupid Black Bitches, or something like that, the high priestesses of political correctness would be screaming bloody murder.  Why should we be the only people that it's OK to attack on the basis of race and gender?  F&$k that fat piece of s$*t Michael Moore and all who support him.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 05:08:44 PM »

I wouldn't read a Michael Moore book if you put a gun to my head.  I'm sure they both suck.

And I'm sick and tired of the double standard on political correctness.  If somebody came out with a book called Stupid Black Men, or Stupid Black Bitches, or something like that, the high priestesses of political correctness would be screaming bloody murder.  Why should we be the only people that it's OK to attack on the basis of race and gender?  F&$k that fat piece of s$*t Michael Moore and all who support him.

I'm no big fan of attack, name-calling politics on either side, but I'd rather be called stupid by Michael Moore than treasonous by Anne Coulter. She is the most repulsive person in punditry today.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2005, 05:18:54 PM »

I'm no big fan of attack, name-calling politics on either side, but I'd rather be called stupid by Michael Moore than treasonous by Anne Coulter. She is the most repulsive person in punditry today.

Considering Coulter made my "horrible person" list, Dazzleman's comments are right on the money.  I'd consider books titled "Black Welfare Queens"  "Ignorant Black Men," or "Oriental Math Wizards," to be just as bad.
Please Delete my account!!
Michael_Barkley
United States
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2005, 05:29:07 PM »

Michael Moore can go to hell and rot like the piece of wretched slime that he is.  I would rather shave my head with a chainsaw, I would rather walk barefoot through a football field of boken glass,  and I would rather swim naked in a leech swamp than read any book or watch any movie that fat ugly piece of monkey sh*t ever wrote.     
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005, 05:35:18 PM »

Michael Moore can go to hell and rot like the piece of wretched slime that he is.  I would rather shave my head with a chainsaw, I would rather walk barefoot through a football field of boken glass,  and I would rather swim naked in a leech swamp than read any book or watch any movie that fat ugly piece of monkey sh*t ever wrote.     

I couldn't have said it better myself. Tongue
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2005, 07:30:59 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I guess Dazzleman isn't always so moderate after all.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2005, 09:42:23 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do you define "moderation" as willingly submitting to having your own race/gender denigrated, even while politically correct azzholes will cut your balls off if you say the same about another race/gender?  I'm not sure what your comment means.  Hating Michael Moore is not an immoderate position.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2005, 09:44:39 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Liking Coulter less than Moore while being a Republican actually is a rather good sign of moderateness.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2005, 09:49:34 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Liking Coulter less than Moore while being a Republican actually is a rather good sign of moderateness.

Did I even say anything about Coulter?  Memphis is the one who mentioned Coulter.  I don't know what you people are talking about.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2005, 10:05:49 PM »

Likewise for Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity, both crappy poor excuses for writers.  Though I don't like Michael Moore either, this stupid bitch and right-wing bully are just as bad. 
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2005, 03:26:50 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Did I even say anything about Coulter?  Memphis is the one who mentioned Coulter.  I don't know what you people are talking about.

Oh, sorry, confused the quote area.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2005, 09:44:28 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh, sorry, confused the quote area.

No worries, man.  I figured that out.  I was more confused by Pym Fortuyn's comment, though I have found that his comments aren't always logical anyway. Tongue
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2005, 01:14:30 PM »

All books in this info-tainment genre are total pieces of crap anyway.  All they serve to do is divide people even more and infuriate those on the opposite side.  They also reinforce unfortunate stereotypes about liberals and conservatives.  Nobody should take these hate-mongers (Moore, Coulter, Hannity, etc.) seriously. 

Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2005, 12:43:20 AM »

Moore's movies are entertaining, though I'd venture to guess that his books are as painful to read as a Hannity or O'Reilly would be.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies