inside the numbers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:41:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  inside the numbers
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: inside the numbers  (Read 867 times)
00tim
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 07, 2004, 09:29:24 AM »

GB has not had alot of things going his way as of late and his numbers have fallen somewhat, fairly predictably. Kerry should be moving in for the kill but instead Kerry is having serious problems of his own. Polls come out and they constantly say the same thing, too close to call, dead even, inside the margin of error. Looking inside the numberes tells a darker tale for the dems however than just the fact that they are not gaining on Bushes run of bad news. Kerry went out on a college campus tour and his suport fell. Basically they didn't like what he had to say or at the very least did not connect with him. The traditional support for presidential candidates from women has gone decidely in favor of the democrats. Gore lost the election but recieved 11% more of the womens vote. Bush is almost running even with Kerry.

While the electoral map has not changed much from 00 Bush is pulling closer in some states that he lost to Gore. particularly Penn. comes to mind. There are a few states that Bush won that are closer too but so far Bush is not trailing in any state that he won.

So what does all this mean? that people are not happy with Bush and think he (including myself) has not done a good job lately but (including myself) think that he is still a better choice. I wouldn't bet a dime on the election were it held tomarrow but this should be Kerry's golden opporitunity to move ahead, instead he has actually lost ground. So what does Kerry have to do to move ahead, probably change gears and show a different side of him, problem is too many people think there are already too many sides of him.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 09:33:52 AM »

Thats why Kerry will lose. He's a flip floper with little appeal to anyone outside the N.E.
klrbzzz
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 10:04:30 AM »

I'm interested to see if Kerry can avoid running in circles in the october debates.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies