Why I think we are at war (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:30:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Why I think we are at war (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why I think we are at war  (Read 8505 times)
Brambila
Brambilla

« on: May 07, 2004, 12:11:19 PM »

The threat is not Islamists extremists, the threat is Islam- from it's very foundations it was a religion of hate, genocide, and war. The problem with saddam was that he was SUPPORTING nations that attacked Israel and the US, or harbored terrorists.

Further, Saddam had weapons of mass destruction! Though they probably are not in Iraq right now (most likely in Syria or on the Syrian-lebanese or syrian-iraqi border), we got rid of them. That was completely just.

Was this a war about oil? That probably had some influence. And why not? We save a nation, we share their oil.

We never went into this war to save a nation, that was a minor thing. We went into this war because Saddam had been a threat to the US for many years- Even Clinton agreed, even in 1998 Ted Kennedy agreed, John Kerry, Al Gore- they all agreed that Saddam Hussein was a huge threat to our national security. Clinton had it as one of his prime objectives for the longest time.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 12:26:56 PM »

Want me to prove it? I'de gladly talk about how Mohammad was confused about religion all his life and so pagans made fun of him, and he had deep hatred towards them. I can mention how when Mohammad hired Jewish mercinaries to take mecca, he allowed his soldiers to kill all of them. I can tell you about how Mohammad killed 300 Jewish men, women, and children in towns in Saudi Arabia. I can tell you how the only way Islam got converts was through the sword. I can tell you that the Egyptians, Iraqis, Lebanese, Palestinians, Syrians, Jordanians, and many Libyans, Algerians, Tunisians, and Moraccans are Arab today, and not the original people. The original people of north africa were the Berbers, the original people of Egypt were the Copts (egytpians), the original people in PAlestine were several kinds of non-arabs, the original people in Lebanon were decendents of the Phoenecians, and the original people in Iraq were Assyrians and Chaldeans (babylonians). The people in these countries today are ALL arabs and the original people today are persecuted.

Islam is NOT a religion of peace.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 12:28:03 PM »

Religion is not the threat- the "threat" is people having different beliefs. One could say "if everyone was nontheist, we wouldn't have problems". But somebody could just as easily say "if everyone was Muslim, we wouldn't have problems". It's hypocritical.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 12:31:44 PM »

Yup, we're definately getting a whole ton of oil from Iraq. woohoo.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 07:11:11 PM »

Attilla the Hun was pretty bloody. The Soviet Union was pretty bloody. Cuba's pretty bloody. China's pretty bloody.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 09:08:22 PM »

Precisely my point. You can't just blame everything on religion. If everyone had the same belief, there wouldn't war- so it's not religion, it's different beliefs. Ultimately, there is one truth, and many people claim to have this truth. The question is, which one is it?
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 01:24:22 PM »

Statesrights, you bring up a very good point- this is old news. It happened last december, and the report was already made in January.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies