One Year Ago Tonight
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:51:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  One Year Ago Tonight
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: One Year Ago Tonight  (Read 3331 times)
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2005, 01:45:42 PM »

Every 4 years (1996, 2004) are leap years unless they are multiples of 100 (1900, 2100) unless they are multiples of 1000 (2000, 3000).
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2005, 01:48:53 PM »

And let's not forget the numerous "leap seconds" that occur randomly as scientists fine tune the Earths exact time.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2005, 01:50:11 PM »

Every 4 years (1996, 2004) are leap years unless they are multiples of 100 (1900, 2100) unless they are multiples of 1000 (2000, 3000).

No, BRTD is correct on this one.  It has to be divisable by 4 if its a round numbered year.  1600, 2000, and 2400 are all leap years, but 2100 for example will not be.

This is the main modification made by the Gregorian calendar to fix the Julian Calendar.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2005, 01:57:53 PM »

How so?  All eyes were on us this time last year, and nobody had any idea.

Except maybe Ken Blackwell. [/jfern]
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2005, 03:50:17 PM »

I was thinking about this earlier. At this time one year ago I didn't really know what was going on nationally. I didn't have to worry about the stupid exit polls because I was working my polling place for most of the day. When I wasn't working there, I was doing campaign literature drops. I got in at about 1 AM the next day (from the Brown for Congress gathering) and stayed up until about 3. I wasn't worried about the President that night.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2005, 03:52:18 PM »

I was thinking about this earlier. At this time one year ago I didn't really know what was going on nationally. I didn't have to worry about the stupid exit polls because I was working my polling place for most of the day. When I wasn't working there, I was doing campaign literature drops. I got in at about 1 AM the next day (from the Brown for Congress gathering) and stayed up until about 3. I wasn't worried about the President that night.

And you were still swearing that ole Brown had it in the bag one year ago tonight. hahaha
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2005, 03:55:45 PM »

And you were still swearing that ole Brown had it in the bag one year ago tonight. hahaha

I never said she had it in the bag.

By the way, how did U.S. Senate candidate Johnnie Byrd do in that primary, States? What was it? Did he even get in the double digits? You swore that he was going to win. Do me a favor - Before you act immature, make sure that I don't have dirt on your "accurate" predictions.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2005, 03:57:10 PM »

Haha the ole spaghetti muncher gets pissed off at a little joke. Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2005, 03:58:33 PM »

That's cute that you resort to that. The "ole spaghetti muncher." If you want to throw out some ethnic jokes, make them good, please.

Really, I want to know. How did Johnnie do? How accurate was your prediction?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2005, 04:01:23 PM »

That's cute that you resort to that. The "ole spaghetti muncher." If you want to throw out some ethnic jokes, make them good, please.

Well my prediction wasn't that good but I still think he was the best candidate for the job. So that's fair ..dago.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2005, 04:03:05 PM »

Well my prediction wasn't that good but I still think he was the best candidate for the job. So that's fair ..daego.

And I thought Brown was by far the best candidate but that wasn't the point. That's not what you came after me about. The point was my inaccurate prediction. Post Johnnie Byrd's percentage of the vote.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2005, 04:04:38 PM »

Well my prediction wasn't that good but I still think he was the best candidate for the job. So that's fair ..daego.

And I thought Brown was by far the best candidate but that wasn't the point. That's not what you came after me about. The point was my inaccurate prediction. Post Johnnie Byrd's percentage of the vote.

Ten percent I believe.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2005, 04:07:24 PM »

Ten percent I believe.

Try 6%. Nice prediction.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2005, 04:22:04 PM »

Ten percent I believe.

Try 6%. Nice prediction.

He was still worth more then that filthy Melissa Brown and her race baiting tactics.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2005, 04:23:47 PM »

He was still worth more then that filthy Melissa Brown and her race baiting tactics.

Haha. Even if that was factual, you're still avoiding your main point about the prediction. I love seeing you lose.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2005, 04:25:32 PM »

Haha. Even if that was factual, you're still avoiding your main point about the prediction. I love seeing you lose.

What did you predict Brown to "win" by and what did she actually get?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2005, 04:41:11 PM »

I predicted Brown to win by one with 49% of the vote. She received 41% of the vote, losing by fifteen. I'm man enough to admit that my prediction was clearly wrong and I put too much into our GOTV efforts. You, on the other hand, run away from your prediction. You said Byrd would win when he never stood a chance and he ended up with 6%. I'd say mine was more accurate than your's so you can go ahead and insert your foot in your mouth, States.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2005, 04:46:37 PM »

I predicted Brown to win by one with 49% of the vote. She received 41% of the vote, losing by fifteen. I'm man enough to admit that my prediction was clearly wrong and I put too much into our GOTV efforts. You, on the other hand, run away from your prediction. You said Byrd would win when he never stood a chance and he ended up with 6%. I'd say mine was more accurate than your's so you can go ahead and insert your foot in your mouth, States.

I never ran away from anything Phil. I always said I hoped he would win. I never said without a doubt he would win. He was one of the most underrated yet most qualified candidates for senate.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2005, 04:54:10 PM »

you got a hard-on for Ann Coulter now, jeff?  she's scary, man.

How is she scary? She's a woman who stands by what she believes.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2005, 04:57:18 PM »

I guess so.  She was so hot in the 90s when the GOP was out and the Dems were in.  And I guess back then when she'd do the talking head circuit in tight jeans and low-cut sweaters, I found her candor refreshing.  Now she is the establishment.  And she just goes on and on about border security and the like.  And is kinda rude to everyone who disagrees with her.  You know she'd eat you alive.  Dominatrix.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2005, 04:58:51 PM »

I never ran away from anything Phil. I always said I hoped he would win. I never said without a doubt he would win. He was one of the most underrated yet most qualified candidates for senate.

You said he would end up victorious. It wasn't just "I hope he will win." Your statements were that he would win. There was a point when my "without a doubt" comment made more sense than you're prediction of even the narrowest Byrd win. That Brown campaign meant a lot to me and I'd appreciate if people didn't mock me about it but if they insist then I'll bring out some stuff about your predictions.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2005, 05:02:17 PM »

In the words of the chimp and chief, Phil "Bring it on".
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2005, 05:36:52 PM »

In the words of the chimp and chief, Phil "Bring it on".

I already did and your comments are obviously far more inaccurate.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2005, 05:53:55 PM »

Ah. States, if you really want to get into ancestry, well:

Wink
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2005, 07:51:08 PM »

Guys, guys, you actually think there is a significant difference between Bush and Kerry.  There really isn't...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies