Hannity and Santorum quotes used agaisnt them live on radio by a democrat caller
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:18:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hannity and Santorum quotes used agaisnt them live on radio by a democrat caller
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hannity and Santorum quotes used agaisnt them live on radio by a democrat caller  (Read 1461 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 02, 2005, 01:42:30 PM »

You remember all the times when Sean Hannity and Rick Santorum say the dems agreed with bush and use quotes. Well on yesterdays show, a caller asked Sean Hannity the quote below. She pretended to be a republican and she said i have a great quote from a democrat. She used seans quote in 99 and sean laughted and called it liberal hypocrisy then read Santorunms line as liberal bashing which sean agreed with. then the caller said guess what sean. the first quote is you during the clinton admin. the second quote is your favorite senator santorum during the clinton admin..then she was cut off. brilliant.

"Explain to the mothers and fathers of American servicemen that may come home in body bags why their son or daughter have to give up their life?"
--Sean Hannity, Fox News, 4/6/99

"[The] President . . . is once again releasing American military might on a foreign country with an ill-defined objective and no exit strategy. He has yet to tell the Congress how much this operation will cost. And he has not informed our nation's armed forces about how long they will be away from home. These strikes do not make for a sound foreign policy."
--Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA), Philadephia Enquirer, 8/10/00

MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 01:47:38 PM »

Like we have said in the past regarding quotes used between different administrations . . . "Welcome to Washington Politics."
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 01:59:50 PM »

Republicans only hate the president when he's a Democrat.
Democrats only hate the president when he's a Republican.

I hate politics sometimes.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 02:03:08 PM »

Brilliant.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 02:14:49 PM »

Recently I have been cautioning some of my friends when they say things like "Well its only perjury, why is he in trouble for that?  No one ever gets indicted for perjury"
*sigh*
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 02:26:18 PM »

I wonder exactly how much of an effect this caller has made to the credibility of Hannity and Santorum?  I mean, are we likely to see Sean Hannity fired from FOX because of this?  If Santorum loses re-election next year, will the central reason be that he also made a hypocritical statement?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 02:52:40 PM »

I wonder exactly how much of an effect this caller has made to the credibility of Hannity and Santorum?

It obviously won't have any effect, but it's still funny.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 03:45:10 PM »

Hannity doesnt even have any crediblility. He's a joke.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 07:51:46 PM »

Hannity doesnt even have any crediblility. He's a joke.

The sad part is that millions tune in to his show anyway to watch him "debate" with his punching bag, Alan Colmes.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 08:04:40 PM »

LOL. What was his response? Have a transcript?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 08:47:16 PM »

LOL. What was his response? Have a transcript?

I found his website, but I don't see where they keep a transcript of the radio show.  There is an option to download the program (commercial free), but I'm not signing up to get it.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 08:51:14 PM »

What's worse is that the caller was cut off.  Instead of actually responding to the attacks like a real man, he (or his producer) cuts her off.  What a loser.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 08:58:22 PM »

Not me, Joe. Smiley
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2005, 09:03:31 PM »

What's worse is that the caller was cut off.  Instead of actually responding to the attacks like a real man, he (or his producer) cuts her off.  What a loser.

Based on the fact that you heard the radio program, or based off of Catholics post?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 09:05:07 PM »

Ah, good point.  In which case, a transcript or recording would be very nice.  I would love to hear how he responded, actually.  Or is there a particular reason why MissCatholic failed to attach that?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 09:23:23 PM »

"Miss" "Catholic" / nomo is well-known for making things up. He once claimed he went on the O'Reilly Factor.

Since there's no transcript here, I'll have to assume that's the case this time.
MarkDel

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 09:46:11 PM »

Actually you can't blame Miss Catholic for the false quotes, she/he is merely quoting the numerous left wing blogs that have perpetuated these false quotes attributed to Hannity and Santorum. The original origin of the quotes is ironically from Barbara Streisand's website, but once she posted it, every left wing blog on the planet re-posted it. This is one of those "internet" situations where someone posts a lie, then the lie is repeated in so many places that it becomes part of the belief system of the other side, and no evidence in the world can convince the other side of the originally false information. This is kind of like that Gun Control statistic that left wingers like to use that a person is 46 times more likely to shoot himself or a family member than an intruder in the "home defense" use of a weapon. Leftists repeated this as the gospel for nearly a decade, and secondary and more remote journalistic sources were cited as the originator. Finally, a conservative group decided to research the origin of what seemed to be a ludicrous stat. It turns out that one person cited it in a story about ONE COUNTY, and by the time the story was told over and over again by left wingers, it became the gospel truth as a national stat. This sort of thing happens all the time...

Come to think of it, what was Miss Catholic's excuse for never actually appearing on O'Reilly? I almost forgot all about that laughable incident!
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2005, 08:19:59 AM »

Come to think of it, what was Miss Catholic's excuse for never actually appearing on O'Reilly? I almost forgot all about that laughable incident!

I don't remember.  I know Nomo disappeared for a few days after not showing up on tv (and I even made myself watch O'Reilly), but came back loud and proud afterwards and kept going with his rants.
MissCatholic

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2005, 09:53:31 AM »

back to the usual tactic of when a republican is wrong dont criticize them shoot the messagener....talk radio and fox has trained you well.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2005, 09:56:12 AM »

back to the usual tactic of when a republican is wrong dont criticize them shoot the messagener....talk radio and fox has trained you well.

hahaha . . . not at all.  Just post the sources of your articles (like we have asked numerous times in the past) so we can validate them.  Obviously you did not type the initial message yourself, and we have yet to have someone verify that they heard the exchange on the radio nor have we found transcripts from the radio broadcast.  So, it's quite easy to cast doubt on the actual exchange between Hannity and the caller.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2005, 01:34:11 PM »

After reading MarkDel's illuminating post, I also can't find proof of anything in the first post.  Not even a record of the Hannity and Santorum quotes.
Dan
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2005, 09:17:23 PM »

LOL! So true!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies