Social conservatives, you're being used
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:55:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Social conservatives, you're being used
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Social conservatives, you're being used  (Read 2365 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2005, 12:53:20 AM »

Abramoff-Scanlon Memo calls you guys "wackos".

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2005/11/03/abramoff/

MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 01:16:11 AM »

wow, jfern can quote from sources other than dailykos!
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 01:29:14 AM »

THIS JUST IN: POLITICAL PARTIES TARGET CERTAIN SOCIETAL "GROUPS" IN ORDER TO WIN VOTES. UNHEARD OF TACTIC TAKES POLITICS IN AMERICA TO A NEW LOW.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 01:30:28 AM »

Thats right, just ignore the truth in front of your eyes and continue being good little sheep. .......Moral values...blah, blah, ...sanctity blah.......
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 01:31:08 AM »

Thats right, just ignore the truth in front of your eyes and continue being good little sheep. .......Moral values...blah, blah, ...sanctity blah.......
Go become a pig farmer. Or learn how to type. Either one would be acceptable.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 01:34:50 AM »

I'm sure Milk and Cereal would be offended if he was a social conservative or a Republican.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 01:36:13 AM »

I'm sure Milk and Cereal would be offended if he was a social conservative or a Republican.

Yes I know he's a libertarian but he totally ignored j-ferns post and attacks the messenger just like the conservative posters do. He sounds exactly like them.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 01:36:51 AM »

Yes I know he's a libertarian but he totally ignored j-ferns post and attacks the messenger just like the conservative posters do. He sounds exactly like them.
Pot calling the kettle black.

Like I said, go work on a pig farm until you can improve your typing.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 01:44:30 AM »

Pot calling the kettle black.

Like I said, go work on a pig farm until you can improve your typing.

I'm not sure whats wrong with my typing. Did I use an ellipses incorectly?
Or is your problem not with grammar but with my ideas?
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 01:45:25 AM »

The reason I ignore jfern posts is that he doesn't have anything to say-he just posts left wing articles and expects us to agree with him.  He could be arguing for hardcore-libertarianism for all I care, but if he doesn't have the intellect to argue his point, then why does he bother posting.  

Yeah, call me a sheep and I'll break you're f--king neck!  Prick.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 01:49:17 AM »

The reason I ignore jfern posts is that he doesn't have anything to say-he just posts left wing articles and expects us to agree with him.  He could be arguing for hardcore-libertarianism for all I care, but if he doesn't have the intellect to argue his point, then why does he bother posting.  

I'm a YaBB God now, I don't have to take that kind of abuse anymore. I'm not going away.

Its sad that you're name calling. I often forget that many people on this forum are much younger than me. I don't know how old you are but seriously, I think we are above acting like 10 year olds.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 01:54:02 AM »

The reason I ignore jfern posts is that he doesn't have anything to say-he just posts left wing articles and expects us to agree with him.  He could be arguing for hardcore-libertarianism for all I care, but if he doesn't have the intellect to argue his point, then why does he bother posting. 

Yeah, call me a sheep and I'll break you're f--king neck!  Prick.

What more was there to say than that social conservatievsare being used by people who call them "wackos".
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2005, 01:55:34 AM »

Meh, I used to feel the same way about name-callers on the forum.  Sadly, those who call names are the ones who get attention.  I hate to think I'm above that when I'm not and even though I'm usually level-headed, I do get pissed sometimes.

Besides-I hate to use the "you started it" line, but you did when you called me a social conservaitve sheep.

So, I'll stop now...
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2005, 02:03:13 AM »

Meh, I used to feel the same way about name-callers on the forum.  Sadly, those who call names are the ones who get attention.  I hate to think I'm above that when I'm not and even though I'm usually level-headed, I do get pissed sometimes.

Besides-I hate to use the "you started it" line, but you did when you called me a social conservaitve sheep.

So, I'll stop now...

I guess you're right. I'm sorry I called you a sheep. I'll try to keep it more professional.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2005, 02:12:19 AM »

okay, sorry.  I will too.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2005, 06:12:39 AM »

Milk and Cereal is no different from a member of the Religious Party, Pym Fortunyn.  In fact I have never been able to discern much difference between any of the libertarians on here and the Republicans.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2005, 06:21:54 AM »

The reason I ignore jfern posts is that he doesn't have anything to say-he just posts left wing articles and expects us to agree with him.  He could be arguing for hardcore-libertarianism for all I care, but if he doesn't have the intellect to argue his point, then why does he bother posting. 

Yes, there are two real points of contention here:

1) jfern posted someone else's thoughts as opposed to his own.  I won't fault him for that, as we all post interesting things from other sources from time to time.

My bigger issue is this:

2) Is this really a surprise?  Did we not already know this?  It's hardly shocking information, given that political parties will target those most likely to agree with them and vote for them.  Democrats target labor unions and black people, and you can't tell me that there aren't Democrats out there who have called those two groups "sheep" and "wackos" behind closed doors.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2005, 06:24:04 AM »

Yes, there are two real points of contention here:

1) jfern posted someone else's thoughts as opposed to his own.  I won't fault him for that, as we all post interesting things from other sources from time to time.

My bigger issue is this:

2) Is this really a surprise?  Did we not already know this?  It's hardly shocking information, given that political parties will target those most likely to agree with them and vote for them.  Democrats target labor unions and black people, and you can't tell me that there aren't Democrats out there who have called those two groups "sheep" and "wackos" behind closed doors.

I'm sure either may reasonably be considered 'sheep', but I cannot imagine a less 'wacko' group than union members.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2005, 09:30:54 AM »

Yes, in voting against there own economic interests, many financially-pinched social conservatives servishly follow the GOP like lambs to the slaughter

Dave
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2005, 09:42:34 AM »

No, not a surprise at all.  And I don't see what the big issue is.  If I want to pass a law getting child molestors put behind bars for life, I'll target mothers.  If I want to get gay marriage banned, I'll target the church-goers.  If I want to get outsourcing of jobs blocked, I'll target the unions.  Each party does it.  I think the only difference in this case here is the fact they use the name wackos (as you pointed out).
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2005, 02:55:16 AM »

Milk and Cereal is no different from a member of the Religious Party, Pym Fortunyn.  In fact I have never been able to discern much difference between any of the libertarians on here and the Republicans.

Funny thing is that I have no religion, so it would be pretty pointless for me to join a religious party.

I support the right for you to have sex with prostitutes-certainly something the 'religious party' would disagree with you on.  I support you being able to smoke weed-something the religious party would disagree with you on.

Mostly it's economic veiws-you seem to support a system that isn't all too different than communism.  While I, as you claim am of the 'owning class' I support nothing other than the right for you to spend your money as you personally see fit.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2005, 04:57:22 AM »

Funny thing is that I have no religion, so it would be pretty pointless for me to join a religious party.

I support the right for you to have sex with prostitutes-certainly something the 'religious party' would disagree with you on.  I support you being able to smoke weed-something the religious party would disagree with you on.

Mostly it's economic veiws-you seem to support a system that isn't all too different than communism.  While I, as you claim am of the 'owning class' I support nothing other than the right for you to spend your money as you personally see fit.

Well, that's all very nice in theory (though the economic system I support is much closer to capitalism than communism), but in practice by not supporting the Democrats - who are much closer to you in general - you support the ascendancy of the Religious Party.
nlm
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2005, 09:52:08 AM »

The why in this case is much more interesting than the use of the word "wacko"

Abramoff wasn't funding Ralph Reed to fight against gambling interests, he was funding Reed to fight against gambling interests that were not paying Abramoff money. The emails exchanged between Abramoff and Reed certainly make it appear as if Reed was well aware of the fact, though he does currently deny it, that his anti-gambling crusade was being funded by gambling interests he was not going after.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/1105/02reed.html
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2005, 10:28:19 AM »

I'm a YaBB God now, I don't have to take that kind of abuse anymore. I'm not going away.

Its sad that you're name calling. I often forget that many people on this forum are much younger than me. I don't know how old you are but seriously, I think we are above acting like 10 year olds.

Pym, Everett acts like a 2 year old and throws tantrums with all of us Democrats (not including the ones that kiss her ass).  I'm sorry to pick on you again Everett, but you are obviously a partisan Republican hack.  You NEVER pick apart anyone on the other side for their intolerant or stupid comments, but you are quick to make work of us.  Please for both our own goods, change your avatar.  I think jfern and Pym Fortuyn made good points about how the GOP uses such people for their gain yet screws them over everywhere else.  I could go on all day with real life examples, but I choose not to at this point.

I'm trying not to laugh as I post this....ummmm....Everett wasn't even mentioned there, Flyers. I see you've developed a new obsession.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2005, 10:32:21 AM »

Pym, Everett acts like a 2 year old and throws tantrums with all of us Democrats (not including the ones that kiss her ass).  I'm sorry to pick on you again Everett, but you are obviously a partisan Republican hack.  You NEVER pick apart anyone on the other side for their intolerant or stupid comments, but you are quick to make work of us.  Please for both our own goods, change your avatar.  I think jfern and Pym Fortuyn made good points about how the GOP uses such people for their gain yet screws them over everywhere else.  I could go on all day with real life examples, but I choose not to at this point.

I'm trying not to laugh as I post this....ummmm....Everett wasn't even mentioned there, Flyers. I see you've developed a new obsession.

Whoops, I clicked on the wrong post.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies