Scandals involve all top Republican leaders
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:18:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Scandals involve all top Republican leaders
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Scandals involve all top Republican leaders  (Read 2606 times)
Everett
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2005, 08:18:20 PM »

This thread is a comedy goldmine. Keep up the good work fernie, we need more dinnertime laughs.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2005, 08:21:23 PM »

So when the Democrats last controlled all 3 branches (1993-1995), were there seperate major scandals involving the President, the Vice President, the Senate Majority Leader, the House Majority Leader, and the Speaker of the House? I think not. How the time before (1977-1981)? Nope.

Almost.  Only Senate Majority Leader George John Mitchell allows them to avoid it.  He was a class act and both parties could use more men like him.

So, ummm, explain the scandals, wise-guy.

Certainly.

Gore had some connection to the fundraising scandals from the campaign.  Clinton already had scandals in his appointees to his cabinet.  Plus he had fundraising scandals, whitewater was brewing and I can't remember if the Tyson foods scandal was underway.  The whole House was dealing with the banking scandal.

What scandals in his appointees? What fundraising scandals? Did the House banking scandal directly involve the House Majority leader and the Speaker of the House? Was the House Majority leader and the Vice President's chief of staff indicted? Was the President's top political aide under investigation? Did the President and the House Majority leaders have a bunch of other scandals?

Sorry, this isn't measuring up.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2005, 08:22:14 PM »

This thread is a comedy goldmine. Keep up the good work fernie, we need more dinnertime laughs.

So you don't care about Republican scandals?
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2005, 08:27:28 PM »

LOLZ

"Fernie, You're Doing a Heck of a Job"
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2005, 08:37:48 PM »

What scandals in his appointees? What fundraising scandals? Did the House banking scandal directly involve the House Majority leader and the Speaker of the House? Was the House Majority leader and the Vice President's chief of staff indicted? Was the President's top political aide under investigation? Did the President and the House Majority leaders have a bunch of other scandals?

Sorry, this isn't measuring up.

Tyson foods was one, the energy scandal that Richardson was in was another.  Whitewater is the obvious Clinton scandal.  So his top aide was not under investigation, he was.  There was also travelgate.  Can't remember the exact timing of everything.

You honestly do not remember the money from China scandals that Gore and Clinton were invoved in?  I'll look it up for you when I have more time.

Everyone in the House was under investigation at the time.  I cannot recall off the top of my head which representatives were part of the 350 who had abused the bank.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2005, 10:02:58 PM »

When I first saw this thread, I knew it would develop into something hilarious.

Time has proven me right.  Smiley
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2005, 10:43:20 PM »

When I first saw this thread, I knew it would develop into something hilarious.

Time has proven me right.  Smiley
hey wtf man you care more abut bashin jfern tjhen what evil the republicans are up to!!!! wtf is wrong with u!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies