Social conservatives, you're being used
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:59:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Social conservatives, you're being used
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Social conservatives, you're being used  (Read 2358 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2005, 10:33:34 AM »

wow, jfern can quote from sources other than dailykos!

Thats right, just ignore the truth in front of your eyes and continue being good little sheep. .......Moral values...blah, blah, ...sanctity blah.......

I'm sure Milk and Cereal would be offended if he was a social conservative or a Republican.

Yes I know he's a libertarian but he totally ignored j-ferns post and attacks the messenger just like the conservative posters do. He sounds exactly like them.
Pot calling the kettle black.

Like I said, go work on a pig farm until you can improve your typing.

CORRECTED:

Pym, Everett acts like a 2 year old and throws tantrums with all of us Democrats (not including the ones that kiss her ass).  I'm sorry to pick on you again Everett, but you are obviously a partisan Republican hack.  You NEVER pick apart anyone on the other side for their intolerant or stupid comments, but you are quick to make work of us.  Please for both our own goods, change your avatar.  I think jfern and Pym Fortuyn made good points about how the GOP uses such people for their gain yet screws them over everywhere else.  I could go on all day with real life examples, but I choose not to at this point.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2005, 12:48:53 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2005, 12:55:40 PM by Lt. Governor Everett »

wow, jfern can quote from sources other than dailykos!

Thats right, just ignore the truth in front of your eyes and continue being good little sheep. .......Moral values...blah, blah, ...sanctity blah.......

I'm sure Milk and Cereal would be offended if he was a social conservative or a Republican.

Yes I know he's a libertarian but he totally ignored j-ferns post and attacks the messenger just like the conservative posters do. He sounds exactly like them.
Pot calling the kettle black.

Like I said, go work on a pig farm until you can improve your typing.

CORRECTED:

Pym, Everett acts like a 2 year old and throws tantrums with all of us Democrats (not including the ones that kiss her ass).  I'm sorry to pick on you again Everett, but you are obviously a partisan Republican hack.  You NEVER pick apart anyone on the other side for their intolerant or stupid comments, but you are quick to make work of us.  Please for both our own goods, change your avatar.  I think jfern and Pym Fortuyn made good points about how the GOP uses such people for their gain yet screws them over everywhere else.  I could go on all day with real life examples, but I choose not to at this point.

I thought that you had "promised" to stop the attacks, Flyers. If you don't want to stop the attacks, then I don't feel inclined to do likewise - respect is a two-way street, you know.

Also, I used to be a Democrat, but I was never a Republican. If anything, I could well be a Christian Democrat, except that I don't want to join a political party in real-life. Also, I guess you don't remember how often I used to troll Philip and States over their anti-gay trollery a few months ago...?

You know, comments like these don't garner support for your Democratic movement. At all. Comments like those, "join the Republican party, you hack!", were comments that made a lot of ex-Democrats I know in real-life leave the party. Populist ones, yes, but Democrats nonetheless, and now they aren't Democrats anymore.

Finally, you have no right telling me which party I belong in. I can decide for myself, and I'm not so helpless and insecure that I need someone telling me which party I belong in. I'm sure that Joe Republic, who gets told "join the republicans!" "join the democrats!", is the same.

P.S. The pig farm thing was started by Rocket, believe it or not.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2005, 02:41:57 AM »

Milk and Cereal is no different from a member of the Religious Party, Pym Fortunyn.  In fact I have never been able to discern much difference between any of the libertarians on here and the Republicans.

Funny thing is that I have no religion, so it would be pretty pointless for me to join a religious party.

I support the right for you to have sex with prostitutes-certainly something the 'religious party' would disagree with you on.  I support you being able to smoke weed-something the religious party would disagree with you on.

Mostly it's economic veiws-you seem to support a system that isn't all too different than communism.  While I, as you claim am of the 'owning class' I support nothing other than the right for you to spend your money as you personally see fit.

Well, that's all very nice in theory (though the economic system I support is much closer to capitalism than communism), but in practice by not supporting the Democrats - who are much closer to you in general - you support the ascendancy of the Religious Party.

meh, call it being away at college for three months Tongue
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2005, 03:14:57 AM »

Let's see if we can help M&C here.

Here's some Democrats.
George Soros, worth $7B
Warren Buffett worth over $50B
Mark Warner, founded Nextel
Jon Corzine former CEO of Goldman Sachs
Steve Westly, former VP of eBay

Obviously they're all communists.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2005, 10:58:59 AM »

my typing sucks.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2005, 02:28:25 PM »

Let's see if we can help M&C here.

Here's some Democrats.
George Soros, worth $7B
Warren Buffett worth over $50B
Mark Warner, founded Nextel
Jon Corzine former CEO of Goldman Sachs
Steve Westly, former VP of eBay

Obviously they're all communists.

er, what's your point.  If I'm going more liberal it's because of my college background and not this forum.  This forum really hasn't been an influence on my politics.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2005, 06:57:48 PM »

Abramoff-Scanlon Memo calls you guys "wackos".

Yet Bush has given us Roberts and Alito.  Seems like social conservatives are using the GOP, not the other way around.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies