It's the dreaded 9th!!!! amendment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:05:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  It's the dreaded 9th!!!! amendment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's the dreaded 9th!!!! amendment  (Read 10570 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« on: November 10, 2005, 07:10:37 PM »

About time. His opinions of justices make it clear that he is no Democrat. I believe he valued the 5 who stole the 2000 election higher than the 4 who believe in counting every vote.

As do I.  Does that make me not a Democrat?

In case it does, we're leaving the door open on this side of the aisle. Smiley
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 07:37:30 PM »

About time. His opinions of justices make it clear that he is no Democrat. I believe he valued the 5 who stole the 2000 election higher than the 4 who believe in counting every vote.

John,

I have very little doubt, that one day, Alcon will make a nice moderately conservative Republican. He's WAY too logical to remain on that side of the aisle past the age of about 22.

Many many logicians are Democrats, genius.

Only the sh**tty ones, I'm sure.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 07:51:57 PM »

John,

I have very little doubt, that one day, Alcon will make a nice moderately conservative Republican. He's WAY too logical to remain on that side of the aisle past the age of about 22.

Hahaha. You are just a stupid partisan hack. Let's see where the best 2 graduate programs in logic are.
1.   University of California–Berkeley
2.   University of Wisconsin–Madison

Ooops, Berkeley, CA and Madison, WI. Not exactly a lot of Republicans there. You lose.

http://math.bilgi.edu.tr/pipermail/math/2002-February/000092.html

I was obviously being sarcastic, but okay, I'll address your point as if it were a serious one.  Then we should probably get back to the issue at hand.

As any good logician would tell you, the voter registration in the city where the University is happens to be heavily Democratic does not mean that the logicians who work in the graduate program are also Democratic.

pwned
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 07:58:34 PM »

John,

Hahaha. You are just a stupid partisan hack. Let's see where the best 2 graduate programs in logic are.
1.   University of California–Berkeley
2.   University of Wisconsin–Madison

Ooops, Berkeley, CA and Madison, WI. Not exactly a lot of Republicans there. You lose.

http://math.bilgi.edu.tr/pipermail/math/2002-February/000092.html

I was obviously being sarcastic, but okay, I'll address your point as if it were a serious one.  Then we should probably get back to the issue at hand.

As any good logician would tell you, the voter registration in the city where the University is happens to be heavily Democratic does not mean that the logicians who work in the graduate program are also Democratic.

pwned

Berkeley voted 90% Kerry, 6.5% Bush. Are you going to tell me that there are more Republicans than Democrats in the #1 logic program in the country?

You're the one who claimed that all of the good logicians aren't Democrats. Busted.

Again, the voting patterns of the city do not determine the voting patterns of the logicians.  The voting patterns of the logicians may well be heavily Democrat, and I'd expect the faculty at UC Berkeley is.  Its not your hypothesis I'm disputing, I think your hypothesis is perfectly valid.  Its the question of whether you have proven you hypothesis to the point of being a fact that I think you've failed to do.

Obviously most logicians are in academia, and most of academia is leftist, so I was obviously (as I've said twice now) being sarcastic in my remarks.  But is interesting that when I say something so blatantly hyperbolic, you're still unable to win the debate on the merits.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 08:17:47 PM »

I'm not trying to prove that most logicians at UC Berkeley are Republicans.  I've said in this thread:

Again, the voting patterns of the city do not determine the voting patterns of the logicians.  The voting patterns of the logicians may well be heavily Democrat, and I'd expect the faculty at UC Berkeley is.  Its not your hypothesis I'm disputing, I think your hypothesis is perfectly valid.

Obviously most logicians are in academia, and most of academia is leftist...

So no, I didn't say what you said I said.  And no, I haven't been owned.  You on the other hand are unable to prove something that is pretty obvious, its like being unable to prove the sky is blue.  It speaks poorly of your, well, logic.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 08:22:38 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2005, 08:26:25 PM by John Ford »

I'm not trying to prove that most logicians at UC Berkeley are Republicans.  I've said in this thread:

Again, the voting patterns of the city do not determine the voting patterns of the logicians.  The voting patterns of the logicians may well be heavily Democrat, and I'd expect the faculty at UC Berkeley is.  Its not your hypothesis I'm disputing, I think your hypothesis is perfectly valid.

Obviously most logicians are in academia, and most of academia is leftist...

So no, I didn't say what you said I said.  And no, I haven't been owned.  You on the other hand are unable to prove something that is pretty obvious, its like being unable to prove the sky is blue.  It speaks poorly of your, well, logic.
I already showed that a few of the logicians at Berkeley are Democrats, with no evidence of any Republicans. They are professors in the #1 logic program in the country.
Give it up, idiot. Why can't you lying Republicans ever admit defeat?
You said:

You lose. Now STFU.

Ferny, this is one of your craziest performances.  When they said you couldn't take it to a higher level, you proved them wrong.  Good show, old chap, good show.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 08:27:06 PM »

I think this is the fifth time I've said this:  I do not believe that and never did, I said it as a sarcastic offhand comment.  Duh.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 08:32:52 PM »

No, I didn't really defend my position, I was essentially playing Devil's advocate to mess with you.  It worked.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 08:44:09 PM »

No, I didn't really defend my position, I was essentially playing Devil's advocate to mess with you.  It worked.

How am I supposed to know when you Republicans are arguing unreasonable position for the heck of it, as opposed to an unreasonable position seriously. What about your view that the California Senate would be best off with 1 Senator for each county, even if it has just a few thousand people, or Los Angeles' 11 million people. Is that a joke? What about your claim that California will soon be pro-life? Is that a joke? What about your claim that Arnold supported making it harder for himself to fundraise large money from corporations? Is that a joke? You make so many outrageous statements, I can't tell which ones are jokes, and which ones aren't. Perhaps you wait until it's clear that you're losing to decide that it was a joke position.

Well, you can verify the Arnold thing I'm sure.  I saw him say it in the town hall with Sen. Perata.

And perhaps actually reading my posts would give you an indication of when I'm being serious or not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies