Coburn says gays are the greatest threat to our freedom
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:32:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Coburn says gays are the greatest threat to our freedom
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Coburn says gays are the greatest threat to our freedom  (Read 6830 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2005, 09:22:23 PM »
« edited: November 06, 2005, 09:32:52 PM by dazzleman »

So I have to look through all of your old posts to find some actual positions here? I didn't ask why you don't like liberals, I asked why you like Republicans/conservatives. I checked the first few pages of your posts, and didn't see much.

No, as I told you, if I think you are prepared for an actual dialogue, I will tell you some things I stand for.  Are you?

I'd also say I've never seen a single thing you've ever posted that didn't involve bashing of Republicans.  I can guarantee I have a lot more positive posts in there than you do.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2005, 09:48:44 PM »

You mean the Bible contradicts itself? No way! I don't believe it....

How is that a contradiction? 

Jesus said it is hard for the rich to be saved and it is impossible for man to save himself, but that everything is possible with God, even salvation of the rich...and the bible has many examples of rich people living a life in accordance with God's commands.

So where is this supposed contradiction?   You can find contradictions with everything, biblical or non-biblical, by splicing bits and pieces.

...jfern refused to include Jesus’ whole quote and therefore missed the point and misrepresented what Jesus was actually saying.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2005, 09:57:42 PM »

Gay Rights advocates have destroyed much of the freedom of speech in Sweedon, but Gays aren' the greatest threats to our freedom.  Terrorists are the greatest threats to our freedoms.

Terrorists aren't a threat to freedom at all. Our lives and welfare yes, but not freedom, at least not directly. They can be used as an excuse to take away freedoms by power hungry admins like the Bush government, but they can't directly take away freedom.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2005, 09:59:44 PM »

Wow, this thread is a comedy goldmine, too. Let me guess, every thread that jfern posts is destined to turn into a laughfest, right?

You didn't know this already?  Smiley
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2005, 10:06:13 PM »

*shrug* you got crazies on both sides.  You just tend to agree with the crazies on your side a bit more Smiley
Jens
Angola

« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2005, 05:27:04 AM »

Gay Rights advocates have destroyed much of the freedom of speech in Sweedon, but Gays aren' the greatest threats to our freedom.  Terrorists are the greatest threats to our freedoms.
Are you talking about Sweden?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2005, 09:41:18 AM »

Typical, fruit and nut

Dave
MissCatholic

« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2005, 10:35:08 AM »

this is why democrats shouldnt want to win in Oklahoma.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2005, 11:08:27 AM »

Obviously homosexuals increase freedom, as without them there would be fewer sexual alternatives.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2005, 02:38:09 PM »

would don vote for coburn if he lived in oklahoma?

or would he actually vote for a democrat (gasp)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2005, 05:00:46 PM »

Obviously homosexuals increase freedom, as without them there would be fewer sexual alternatives.

Without them nobody would want to have that alternative. Roll Eyes
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2005, 07:06:41 AM »

Hah, you might as well say that people would stop wanting to be 'rich' under communism.  You come up with some pretty strange arguments for a supposed libertarian!
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2005, 07:19:37 AM »

An Australian politician might say this...but he wouldn't get elected to the Senate. The intolerance of the religious right strikes again, and whilst Australia also has religious conservatives, they don't want to amend the constitution, or put us in concentration camps. In facts, they don't care that much about us; their concern, quite frankly, is that less then 10% of aussies go to church regularly. There's a reason for this-Christianity is as full of intolerance, hypocrisy and malevolence as islam or any other religion. Maybe not in the scriptures, but from it's more fervent followers.

BTW, even if there were no homosexuals or bisexuals, there would still be homosexuality-even if only in penguins.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2005, 11:53:51 AM »

The Christian right just like to have someone they can demonize. In the past it was anything from blacks to Unitarians. Luckily the march of science is on its way to proving that homosexuality is pre-determined in the womb. Sadly, the fundies dislike science immensily (For proving evolution, that black people are just like you and me and that the earth is round Smiley ) so they will take no notice of reality and wave some passages in the bible at me. Luckily I have passages I can wave back Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2005, 05:35:51 PM »

The Christian right just like to have someone they can demonize. In the past it was anything from blacks to Unitarians. Luckily the march of science is on its way to proving that homosexuality is pre-determined in the womb. Sadly, the fundies dislike science immensily (For proving evolution, that black people are just like you and me and that the earth is round Smiley ) so they will take no notice of reality and wave some passages in the bible at me. Luckily I have passages I can wave back Smiley

Science has not "proven" evolution. Which of course, is still only a theory. And no Christian says the world is flat.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2005, 05:36:23 PM »

Who cares if homosexuality is pre-determined? So is aggression. In fact, the Bible makes it very clear that at least evil itself is pre-determined for each person.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2005, 05:38:17 PM »

Who cares if homosexuality is pre-determined? So is aggression. In fact, the Bible makes it very clear that at least evil itself is pre-determined for each person.

Salvation is also predetermined.
*ducks for cover*
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2005, 05:53:23 PM »

I love being a great threat to your freedom. Smiley
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2005, 05:55:27 PM »

Hah, you might as well say that people would stop wanting to be 'rich' under communism.  You come up with some pretty strange arguments for a supposed libertarian!

Invalid comparison. Answer me this - if there were no people of homosexual persuasion(including bisexuals), exactly who would want to have homosexual sex?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2005, 09:01:24 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2005, 09:02:59 PM by dazzleman »

I think you're confusing the average Christian with a fringe element.  And I don't think science can ever prove the origins of homosexuality one way or another.  Even if it did, that doesn't mean that some people will find it any more acceptable.

I'm not hostile to homosexuals, but I'm just making the point that I don't agree with your argument that if it's proven that homosexuality is innate, then it will be universally accepted.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2005, 12:56:06 AM »

Coburn's a fag.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2005, 01:36:07 AM »

I love being a great threat to your freedom. Smiley

Your only a threat to yourself.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2005, 03:15:07 AM »
« Edited: November 09, 2005, 03:28:54 AM by afleitch »

I'm afraid I don't tend to 'threaten' myself on a daily basis.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2005, 04:16:38 AM »

I do, but i'm 17.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies