Would you rather live in Thailand or Camden?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:06:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Would you rather live in Thailand or Camden?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Would you rather live in Thailand or Camden?
Thailand

Camden

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Would you rather live in Thailand or Camden?  (Read 2836 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2005, 04:35:31 AM »

Opebo,

Yeah, right. I hope you enjoy your fried dog intestines from those street vendors in Bang-Cock. What a joke you have become...

What a closed-minded fool you are, Markdel.  Last night I had a meal of asparagus and shrimp stir fry, plus mussels in a spicy sauce.  Today I had Tom Kha Gai, a sort of curry made up of coconut milk, with chicken, mushrooms, tomato, onion, and galanga root.  Delicate but slightly spicy in flavour..  also I had a soup with ground pork and very tender cabbage, delicate and non-spicy.  The first meal cost about $2, the second about $.75.

Enjoy your disgusting burgers, you fat, stupid american.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2005, 10:04:45 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2005, 10:08:36 AM by Lt. Governor Everett »

Opebo,

Yeah, right. I hope you enjoy your fried dog intestines from those street vendors in Bang-Cock. What a joke you have become...

What a closed-minded fool you are, Markdel.  Last night I had a meal of asparagus and shrimp stir fry, plus mussels in a spicy sauce.  Today I had Tom Kha Gai, a sort of curry made up of coconut milk, with chicken, mushrooms, tomato, onion, and galanga root.  Delicate but slightly spicy in flavour..  also I had a soup with ground pork and very tender cabbage, delicate and non-spicy.  The first meal cost about $2, the second about $.75.

Well then, enjoy your disgusting horse meat and STD-infested underaged whores, you fat, stupid american. Wink
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2005, 10:27:38 AM »

Opebo,

Well then, enjoy your disgusting horse meat and STD-infested underaged whores, you fat, stupid american. Wink

Horse meat?  You must be thinking of France.  But seriously, Everett, is there a type of food you enjoy or have you an eating disorder corresponding to your erotophobia?
MarkDel

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2005, 07:14:05 PM »

Opebo,

Opebo,

Remember, you're not talking to some 18-year old who has never been out of the country. I HAVE done a significant amount of international travel, so sadly, I know what it's like in these 2nd and 3rd World nations. And I don't want anyone to just take my word for it, go research the 'net and see the data about rates of infections like Hepatitis A and E, as well as other food-born diseases that are epidemic in Thailand. Any decent travel guide will advise travelers to avoid street vendors like the plague, and carry anti-biotics like Cipro with you at all times during your stay. And that doesn't even count the psychological harm of finding out at a later time that you ate a dog or cat...
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2005, 08:03:35 PM »

Opebo,

Horse meat?  You must be thinking of France.  But seriously, Everett, is there a type of food you enjoy or have you an eating disorder corresponding to your erotophobia?
What does that have to do with my statement, you erotophile?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2005, 08:05:56 PM »

By the way, Opebo, I find it amusing that you preach a doctrine of doing whatever you want if it fefels good but condemn people for eating badly!
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2005, 03:28:06 AM »

Thailand.. Strong dollar please in that scenario.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2005, 05:15:47 AM »

Opebo,

Opebo,

Remember, you're not talking to some 18-year old who has never been out of the country. I HAVE done a significant amount of international travel, so sadly, I know what it's like in these 2nd and 3rd World nations. And I don't want anyone to just take my word for it, go research the 'net and see the data about rates of infections like Hepatitis A and E, as well as other food-born diseases that are epidemic in Thailand. Any decent travel guide will advise travelers to avoid street vendors like the plague, and carry anti-biotics like Cipro with you at all times during your stay. And that doesn't even count the psychological harm of finding out at a later time that you ate a dog or cat...

MarkDel, you are the typical stupid American traveler, getting food poisoning in the 'Western' restaurants, overpaying in big hotels, an essentially being duped at every turn.  No, you simpleton, the key to good eating in any land is to eat where the locals eat, and avoid where the stupid fat white bumblers such as your self eat.

I have never had an intestinal complaint in Thailand.  Never!  And back in the US I have a very weak stomach.  There is no doubt that the typical Thai street vendor - an independent businessman - adheres to much higher standards of hygiene than the wage-slaves in any American restaurant kitchen.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2005, 05:19:17 AM »

By the way, Opebo, I find it amusing that you preach a doctrine of doing whatever you want if it fefels good but condemn people for eating badly!

I don't preach any doctrine, as you well know, Alcon.  However MarkDel is a spectacularly foolish person.
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2005, 06:03:53 PM »

Camden is freaky, but honestly, poor in America is upper-middle class in S.E Asia. Besides, once you exit the city limits, Cherry Hill and other Camden suburbs are fairly nice.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2005, 10:25:26 AM »

Camden is freaky, but honestly, poor in America is upper-middle class in S.E Asia. Besides, once you exit the city limits, Cherry Hill and other Camden suburbs are fairly nice.

Not at all, Hitchabrut - you are completely ignorant! 

To be upper-middle class in Thailand is a paradise, due to the cost of living and the much greater level of freedom.  American poor cannot of course afford to travel from one ghetto to the next (witness New Orleans), nor can they afford medical care, nor are they provided with the most basic of public services or polie protection.  I suggest that you 1) visit Thailand, and then 2) visit Camden NJ on foot.  Be sure to do it in that order, as you wouldn't ever get to see Thailand the other way round.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies