The Constitarian Plan for The Flat World
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:38:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The Constitarian Plan for The Flat World
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Constitarian Plan for The Flat World  (Read 1414 times)
The Constitarian
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2005, 10:48:22 PM »

The world is economically flattening and wealth is spreading across the world along with US jobs.  I have come up with a series of plans to help America compete, I would like responses to help shape them.

Alternative Fuel- The flattening of the world will cause oil demand to sky rocket and the prices right with it.  That is why I propose the government should give out grants to alternative energy researchers, in return if a breakthrough is made, it must be manufactured in the United States by US workers for a set amount of time, also if we openly support alternative fuel on a national level oil companies will be scared into being more reasonable with fuel prices.

Border Patrol- America must stop illegal aliens not by just sending them back, but by punishing their employers.  We believe that massive fines and jail time should be guatanteed to anyone employing an illegal alien.  If it is a big company there will be fines for the branch leader, and the company.  People say that illegals do the jobs Americans won't, they are wrong, illegals do jobs Americans won't for the same price.  There is no job Americans wouldn't do for the proper amount of money.

Education- Many of you have probably read my education plan so I will just give a short version.  I think the public school system should offer very advanced math, science and other courses.  Also, they should offer occupational classes.  The student should be able to choose which path to take.  Finally, the government should offer more college financial support.  In order to do this Bush's No Child Gets Ahead Plan will be abolished.

These are a few plans for the future, that to ensure American superiority should be initiated a.s.a.p.o.s
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 11:20:16 PM »

yeah, we all know that the world is flat-why state the obvious?
The Constitarian
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 09:41:32 AM »

whould anyone who understand metaphores care to answer
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 10:10:56 AM »

okay then.  yes, the flow of wealth from North America, Europe, and Australia to Asia, South America, and Africa will burden the environment and cause fossil fuel prices to rise.  We are already seeing this, and, given that necessity is the mother of invention, alternative fuels will be found.  We can hasten their discovery and implementation by government action, I agree.  I'm not sure I agree with your border solution or quite entirely with your education initiatives either.  But I completely agree that we should be encouraging alternative energy research.  Bush actually talked about this quite a bit during his presidency, and Clinton did a little, but neither really did much to encourage it.  Bush 43 hasn't made progress in this area either, but then this depends on a committed public and its congress, not on the president.  Some governments are already doing this.  The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain, but in Barcelona, where the sun does reign, futuristic solar installations double as public art.  In Leipzig, Germany, the planet's largest photovoltaic cell (with over 30 thousand solar panels) has been built.  Denmark is building a wind turbine over 600 feet tall with 200-foot blades.  Ugly, but functional.  Hydrogen could power cars and trains, but the gas itself must be generated using other energy sources (to electrolyze, or decompose, water).  Hydrogen is only as ecofriendly as the original energy source, and so far we have not many "green" sources of hydrogen.  However, in Hamburg, Amsterdam, and Stockholm, clean quiet hydrogen fuel-cell buses share pavement with grumbling gas guzzlers.  This is part of the European Union's Clean Urban Transport for Europe (CUTE) program.  Biodiesel is another way to power cars.  McDonald's pays money to have it's old vegetable oil carted away.  You can tweak your carbeutator and intake and exhaust manifolds a bit and create a means of using that french, er freedom, fry oil to power it cleanly.  Nukes are still a condender, too.  France and California had some facilities, but after public pressure in the Golden State to shut them down, now the US lags behind France in Nuclear power production.  Broadway could shine brightly, and Yankee Stadium could glow all night on clean nuclear fuel, if the tree-huggers wouldn't make such a stink every time the idea comes up.  It would take only 2 square miles of space (a pricey commodity in mahnattan) for four 1000-megawatt reactors to do what it takes solar power 74 square miles to do.  Chew on that.  Also, while your chewing, turn off that lamp you're not using.  Or at least replace it with a compact fluorescent lamp (CFL) which lasts longer and consumes far less power than a conventional bulb.  This cuts your costs, reduces greenhouse gas emissions, and saves nearly a quarter ton of mercury- and sulfur-belching coal over its lifetime.  Conservation starts at home.  Are you a conservative?  You can be.  And if all 295 million americans became just a tad more conservative, the world would be a much cleaner place.  But, yeah, we also have to worry about those 1.3 billion chinese and 1.2 billion Indians who will be belching out carbon dioxide as the earth flattens.  Good point.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 01:00:16 PM »

Alternative Fuel- The flattening of the world will cause oil demand to sky rocket and the prices right with it.  That is why I propose the government should give out grants to alternative energy researchers, in return if a breakthrough is made, it must be manufactured in the United States by US workers for a set amount of time, also if we openly support alternative fuel on a national level oil companies will be scared into being more reasonable with fuel prices.

Most of that is being done.  The problem is, we are giving too many "breaks" to the individual consumers to buy alternative powered items.  For example, why are we giving people a tax break if they buy a hybrid?  If you really want to create change, both on the consumer level as well as the manufacturing level, remove the tax break off of the hybrid (since there is no incentive for the manufacturer to change their production quantitiy) and place a tax burden on standard internal combustion engine vehicles.  Manufacturers will feel the pinch since demand will shift, meaning more hybrids will be produced, meaning lower costs as quantity increases.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And all of a sudden, it costs you $10 to eat at McDonalds.  By punishing the employers (which they are already done in moderation), you punish the would country.  We need to streamline and speed up the process of exporting the illegals and start fining the countries from which they come from.  As far as Americans not wanting to do the job, pay is a very big deal.  People want to improve their lives, and they can't do it by making $7/hour planting crops.  And since farms cannot pay people more without either jacking up the price of their goods (which jacks up the prices on everything we consume) or being subsidized by the government (which many people on here have already balked at), your typical American won't do the job, which leaves only the illegals.

Some states already do this.  Virginia, more specifically Prince WIlliam County, have specialized high schools from which students can attend and prepare for college.  The first two years are your basic classes.  Come your junior year, you can petition to move to a school outside of your zone (you have to provide your own transportation) to one that meets your desired path.

College funding on the federal level should not change, but rather increased funding by the state should, since the states are the ones who set the tuition rates.

What does "o.s." in "a.s.a.p.o.s." mean?  And I don't think "superiority" is the right word either.  We already get raked over the coals by the world for our superiority complex.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 05:01:26 PM »

The world is becoming more unequal, not more egalitarian, Constiparian.
The Constitarian
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 06:05:41 PM »

I'm not talking about tax incentives for buying of building hybrids.  I'm talking about grants for the research of alternative fuels in return for American jobs.

Exporting illegals quickly won't work, they will just get back.  Also, if you fine their government the illegal won't be hurt by that either, they are trying to leave.  The only way to stop illegals is to end the jobs for them over here.  Also, they would be able to support a family on that if we did away with zoning laws.

This isn't the same.  I meen very advanced public schools starting at high school. Along with a slightly more advanced grade school for everyone.  Besides government I also think private businesses would support colleges since they will be getting the engineers and other well educated employees.

or sooner
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 06:14:22 PM »

Fine, prude, since you have no sense of humor, I will attempt to tackle these issues.

We don't need government sponsored energy alternatives at taxpayers' expense.  If anything, this current energy crisis was started by government.  The goal should be to decrease regulations-especially upon those who have the talent and ideas to make a safer, replenishable, environmentally friendly, efficient fuels.  People will want this without government intervention because who ever solves this problem will be filthy rich-and we should not tax that person for their creativity.  If anything, we could probably solve the crisis for owners of Beetles and similar cars with this:

Border Patrol- America must stop illegal aliens not by just sending them back, but by punishing their employers.  We believe that massive fines and jail time should be guatanteed to anyone employing an illegal alien.  If it is a big company there will be fines for the branch leader, and the company.  People say that illegals do the jobs Americans won't, they are wrong, illegals do jobs Americans won't for the same price.  There is no job Americans wouldn't do for the proper amount of money.

But they're still gonna come over anyways-no matter how much we crack down.  Illegal aliens will just get more creative in ways not to get caught.  You know what we should do?  Repeal welfare and government handouts so that they have no reason to get free services and taxpayer money.  The only incentive they will then have is to work for their money.  Besides, immigration is really, really exacerbated.

Education- Many of you have probably read my education plan so I will just give a short version.  I think the public school system should offer very advanced math, science and other courses.  Also, they should offer occupational classes.  The student should be able to choose which path to take.  Finally, the government should offer more college financial support.  In order to do this Bush's No Child Gets Ahead Plan will be abolished.

I like your idea of abolishing the NCLB Act, but you are still wrong.  We need to teach children how to think and not just what to think (brainwashing). We need to run schools like independent businesses so that government won't interfere and make it harder or impossible to get a good education.  We need to get rid of beauracratic red tape and standardized testing.

These are a few plans for the future, that to ensure American superiority should be initiated a.s.a.p.o.s

Well, you are wrong on a lot of them in that they will require government force to accomplish these goals.

By the way-what the hell does "flat earth" mean-how does it realate to this?
The Constitarian
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 09:36:18 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2005, 09:43:25 PM by The Constitarian »

Flat Earth means the economies of the world are being intertwined.  Like when you call customer support and get a foreigner, some foreigners call costumer service and get America.  Because it is day at opposite times across the world businesses can work 24 hours a day with normal shifts by spreading to America, Europe, and Asia.  This relates to these topics because in a flat world America needs to pick up the pace to compete because other nations start out with our tecnology and plans.

Ultros was a far superior villain to Seymour.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 11:04:12 PM »

eh, I'm justing using the main enemies on Final Fantasy-and only the games I like.
The Constitarian
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 09:36:16 PM »

eh, I'm justing using the main enemies on Final Fantasy-and only the games I like.

Ultros was the Octopus in FFVI.  He was a repeating boss fight with no relation to the storyline, the main one was Kefka.

If you haven't already played it get FF anthologies.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2005, 02:44:51 AM »

Ultros was the Octopus in FFVI.  He was a repeating boss fight with no relation to the storyline, the main one was Kefka.

If you haven't already played it get FF anthologies.

In all likelihood, I've beat that game before you even played it, and it is the best game in the world-flat or otherwise.  Like I said, as far as villains go, Ultros was never a main villain-and there's no purple avatars...
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 03:11:19 AM »

Tom Friedman's style of pop punditry has done more harm to the cause of global equality in the US public than anyone else. As Richard Florida has shown the world is not flat, it is spiky. And getting spikier. Africa's per capita incomes are shrinking, while the rich countries' are growing. Unfortunately, the pop pundits are all too willing to spread destructive memes.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies