Dean as Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:22:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Dean as Governor
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dean as Governor  (Read 3481 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 05, 2004, 09:59:34 PM »

I think its a downside to his candidacy, and becuase it he is being attacked by the other candidates, like you saw in the debate on Sunday.
nonluddite

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 10:07:12 PM »

I think its a downside to his candidacy, and becuase it he is being attacked by the other candidates, like you saw in the debate on Sunday.

The Dean faithful will not waver and he will be going against BUSH for Heaven's sake!
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 11:25:49 PM »

I think it is unlikely that Dean can be stopped from getting the nomination.  
jravnsbo

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 11:32:28 PM »

DEAN:  Well I'll release my records if Bush does.

Well Bush did but still Dean will not release the records.  Recently they found out he couldn't do everything he could to protect VT and its nuke plant, and what else will they find?

MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 03:38:43 PM »

Hopefully enough to discredit him for getting the nomination
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 04:15:42 PM »

It probably will not not him the the primary but may in the general, if anything bad is revealed.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 06:32:16 PM »

If he gets the nomination, expect Republicans to hammer away at this issue.
jravnsbo

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2004, 08:06:53 PM »

I keep laughing at Dean if he thinks it is rough now, how does he stand up vs Terrorists or at least look tough.  Let alone when GOP starts campaigning.

If he gets the nomination, expect Republicans to hammer away at this issue.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2004, 09:58:22 PM »

Does anybody really know much about Dean's record as governor of Vermont?  From what I've heard, it's nothing to brag about.

He claims to be a budget hawk, but in the Cato Institutes last report card of Governors' fiscal discipline, Howard Dean received a "D" grade.

Howard Dean brags about his record on health care, but under Dean's administration, health care coverage dropped and rates skyrocketed.

He brags about cutting taxes as governor, but he only cut them after his previous increases of every imaginable tax began to drive jobs out of Vermont and into neighboring New Hampshire.  

And then of course there's the notorious civil unions bill.  It's funny that now he's bragging about signing it.  What he doesn't mention is that he practically signed the bill in a broom closed in some dark corridor of the Montpellier state house.  He signed the civil unions bill because it was being thrust down his throat by an activist court.  It was an unpopular bill and Gov. Dean did everything he could to try to make it go away in a big hurry.

If he could barely handle governing a state with little more than  the population of the largest city in my home state, how can he possibly hope to handle governing the United States of America?
jravnsbo

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2004, 10:01:04 PM »

You can fool all the people some of the time
and some of the people all the time
BUT you can't fool all the people all the time

His record will be fully explored and shown its many holes yet.

Does anybody really know much about Dean's record as governor of Vermont?  From what I've heard, it's nothing to brag about.

He claims to be a budget hawk, but in the Cato Institutes last report card of Governors' fiscal discipline, Howard Dean received a "D" grade.

Howard Dean brags about his record on health care, but under Dean's administration, health care coverage dropped and rates skyrocketed.

He brags about cutting taxes as governor, but he only cut them after his previous increases of every imaginable tax began to drive jobs out of Vermont and into neighboring New Hampshire.  

And then of course there's the notorious civil unions bill.  It's funny that now he's bragging about signing it.  What he doesn't mention is that he practically signed the bill in a broom closed in some dark corridor of the Montpellier state house.  He signed the civil unions bill because it was being thrust down his throat by an activist court.  It was an unpopular bill and Gov. Dean did everything he could to try to make it go away in a big hurry.

If he could barely handle governing a state with little more than  the population of the largest city in my home state, how can he possibly hope to handle governing the United States of America?
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2004, 10:03:02 PM »

Yeah, Bush's myriad of opposition researches probably already have enough material for about a thousand campaign commercials.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2004, 10:18:36 AM »

You can fool all the people some of the time
and some of the people all the time
BUT you can't fool all the people all the time

His record will be fully explored and shown its many holes yet.

That's Friedman on inflation, isn't it? I think the truth is this: You can't fool all of the people all of the time, but you can fool most of the people most of the time... Smiley
jravnsbo

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2004, 11:09:34 AM »

Yeah and that could be just from Dem primary ! Smiley

Yeah, Bush's myriad of opposition researches probably already have enough material for about a thousand campaign commercials.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2004, 08:47:35 PM »

Deans too far ahead right now to be brought down on this issue, however after hearing about this lack of homeland security in his own state, it raises a question of whats actually in the docs.
jravnsbo

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2004, 08:57:36 PM »

I think it was ABC tonight on the world news showed how dean has FLIP FLOPPED ona number of issues since being governor.  he was regularly ona  show with canadians discussing issues.  It shows him praising Bush, blasting people against affirmative action as racist, etc they are just starting to go through the tapes.

Deans too far ahead right now to be brought down on this issue, however after hearing about this lack of homeland security in his own state, it raises a question of whats actually in the docs.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2004, 10:03:41 PM »

Did anybody hear about all those tapes of Dean's guest spots on some Canadian political commentary show?  There's footage of Dean calling Bush a moderate, stating that if Hamas took over the Palestinian leadership the end result wouldn't be all bad, saying that the Iowa caucuses were a waste of time and that they too easily allowed extremists to win (imagine that...), and a host of other possibly controversial things.

I don't think there's much anybody can do to stop Dean from getting the nomination, but all these attacks are sure going to hurt Dean in the general.
jravnsbo

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2004, 10:36:11 PM »

Yeah and don't forget his comment that if you were against Affirmative action then you were a racist.  I about fell out of my chair on that one.

they said there are like 90 tapes of material.

Did anybody hear about all those tapes of Dean's guest spots on some Canadian political commentary show?  There's footage of Dean calling Bush a moderate, stating that if Hamas took over the Palestinian leadership the end result wouldn't be all bad, saying that the Iowa caucuses were a waste of time and that they too easily allowed extremists to win (imagine that...), and a host of other possibly controversial things.

I don't think there's much anybody can do to stop Dean from getting the nomination, but all these attacks are sure going to hurt Dean in the general.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2004, 10:58:54 PM »

Well if you support Ann Coulter you are a racist. There's probably a lot of people in the set that overlaps support of Ann Coulter and opposition to Affirmative Action. However I agree that was not an appropriate comment as not all opponents of AA are racist. I think the system should be expanded to allow whites to benefit as well.
jravnsbo

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2004, 11:48:27 AM »

WOW!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-01-14-dean-bosnia_x.htm

Dean wrote  a letter to Clinton arguing for preemption in Bosnia.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies