Religious intollerance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:05:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Religious intollerance
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is encouraging/preaching hatred or intollerance toward other groups of people in the name of God sinful/immoral?
Yes, it is taking the Lord's name in vain

Yes, it violates the commandment to "love thy neighbor"

Yes, it is immoral but not sinful

No, it is just another point of view  - though one I do not agree with

No, hatred and intollerance are acceptable to my faith/personal beliefs

No, there is no such thing as immoral

Absolutely not.  My Holy book preaches that I must be filled with divine wrath.  Love, tollerance, and forgiveness are foriegn concepts to me.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Religious intollerance  (Read 1140 times)
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 14, 2005, 11:22:04 PM »

Since we're discussing religion, I figured I'd bring up something that has crossed my mind from time to time over the past few years.  If more than one answer is valid for you, chose the one that best fits your views.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 01:34:43 AM »

It depends on what you mean by "preaching hate/intollerance". If you mean, "Condemning the actions of sinners and helping them towards salvation". Well obviously that IS a Christians duty. If you mean it in the context of telling your followers to lynch blacks or homosexuals or whatever, then no I disagree with you. Of course seculars like yourself believe that even if a person commits tons of sins and intentionally go against the bible they can still be a "good Christian", which of course is a total joke and twisting of bible record. This poll is misleading and I can't vote in it. If you look up the definition of "tough love" then you will understand my stance on how God works.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 02:23:52 AM »

How many Christians do you see actually preaching to gays to stop being gay?  In most cases, they just use it as an opportunity to make fun of them.  Instead of doing what one would consider truly Christian - privately talking to them about it - they bring it up in front of everyone and use it to screw with them.  I have no respect for that.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 04:51:42 AM »

A religion is nothing more than a deep rooted point of view, whether your Christian, Jewish, Muslim etc. Just because it is your religion does not mean that I will not engage with you if I think that your interpretation or practice of religion is wrong. Thats why I regularly condemn both fundamentalist Christianity and fundamentalist Islam.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 08:22:48 AM »

No, there is no such thing as 'immoral', though obviously these people's claim of an objective morality is a false one.  They should not be fed to the lions because they are 'bad', but because they are dangerous.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies