Department of State
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:03:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of State
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Department of State  (Read 12494 times)
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 14, 2005, 06:20:51 PM »
« edited: January 04, 2006, 10:51:13 PM by SoS True Independent »

Welcome to the State Department.

This will be where I make any press briefings, trip announcements, or anything you need to hear about.

That's all for now.

Daily Planet Articles about the State Department:

Israeli Prime Minister Sharon Speaks Against Cabinet Appointment
Joe Republic Speaks Out in Favor of True Independent
Secretary True Independent Tours Middle East
Secretary of State Makes Speech in Front of UN, Visits Israel
True Independent Continues International Expedition
GM's Comments on about my policies on Belarus and AIDS/South Africa

List of Events, Speeches, and Trips

Trip to the Middle East
Proposal to Reform the UN Security Council
Trip to Israel
Trip to Europe
Announcement  about Conference in Iraq
Statement Asking the Security Council to Impose Sanctions on Belarus
Announcement about Trip to South Africa

Foreign Policy Review
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 06:26:07 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2005, 08:26:13 PM by SoS True Independent »

I have an announcement to make.

From November 15th through the 20th I will be taking a Middle Eastern tour.

Here is my schedule:

11/15: Egypt (Cairo)
11/16: Jordan (Amman)
11/17-11/18: Qatar (Doha)
11/19: Iraq (Baghdad)
11/20: Iraq (Mosul amd Karkuk)

I will release a report of the intent of this trip later tonight.  Also, each day I will make press briefings.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 08:25:45 PM »

Here is a more detailed interinerary of my plannet trip starting tomorrow:

11/15: Egypt (Cairo):

First, I will do a short tour of Cairo (I've never been before Smiley).  I will then meet with President Hosni Mubarak, congratulating him on his recent election win.  I will discuss strategies of improving this fledgling democracy.  First, we will discuss ways to increase voter turnout around the nation.  Then, I plan on bringing up the topic of allowing opposition parties and candidates to have full funding in any election in Egypt.  Finally, I wish to discuss Atlasia's position on stopping terrorists sneak accross the Egyptian-Palestinian and Egyptian-Israeli borders.  I stay in Cairo that night, before departing for Amman in the morning.

11/16: Jordan (Amman)

After arriving early in the morning, I will meet King Abullah II.  We will then go to the sight of one of the recent bombings for a short memorial sevice to honor the men and women who were killed in the suicide bombings.  We will then go to the King's private residence to discuss ways to prevent terrorist attacks in Jordan, Israel/Palestine, and Iraq, focusing on those sneaking accross the Jordani-Iraqi border.  I will then depart that same night for Qatar.

11/17-11/18: Qatar (Doha)

I will arrive late the night before.  On the 17th, I will meet with top Qatari diplomats over ways to implement the democratic and women's right reforms around the Middle East that Qatar has introduced.  Then, we will discuss the issue of Iran.  Although many may not know this, Qatar actually has a pretty good relationship with Iran (Thank you, MUN Smiley).  We will discuss putting regional instead of international pressure on Iran, as it is the belief of this State Department that the Middle Eastern nations themselves have a duty to stop Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.  I will then stay the night and further negotations the next day.  I will leave midday on the 18th for Baghdad.

11/19: Iraq (Baghdad)

Shortly after arriving in Baghdad on the 18th, I will meet with top members on the Parliament about implementing the recently approved constitution.  The next day I will meet with Iraq's top military and defense leaders too announce new strategies of increasing the power and size of the Iraqi army.  I will leave early in the morning on the 20th for Mosul.

11/20: Iraq (Mosul and Karkuk)

After arriving mid-morning in Mosul on the 20th, I will meet with top Kurdish officials of both the KDP and the PUK for discussion on how to unite the Kurdish people and their role in Iraq.  I will then travel to Karkuk to meet with other Kurdish officials on their presentation to me on the creation of a Kurdish state (which is not yet the official position of this department).  I will then leave for Nyman that night.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 08:29:46 PM »

Would the Secretary be so kind to give us his take on the The Principality of Sealand.

I would like to petition the Government to go to Sealand and engage in talks with the Royal Family.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 08:39:41 PM »

Would the Secretary be so kind to give us his take on the The Principality of Sealand.

I would like to petition the Government to go to Sealand and engage in talks with the Royal Family.

I will gladly give my position on Principality of Sealand.  Eventually, I will update the entire list, but here's my position.

It is the State Department's position that Sealand remains inside the sphere of control of the United Kingdom.  As long as the UK is not violating any international treaties (which I don't believe it is), it is the responsibility of UK to do what they wish with Sealand, again as long as they do not violate any human rights or anything.  To sum up what I said, Sealand is part of the UK still.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 08:55:53 PM »

I am going on a pro-bono 2 day non government sanctioned factfinding mission to the The Principality of Sealand. I will make my report sometime this week.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 09:04:51 PM »

Make sure you don't get bombed MAS Smiley
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 09:17:23 PM »

I am going on a pro-bono 2 day non government sanctioned factfinding mission to the The Principality of Sealand. I will make my report sometime this week.

I would like the participation of any NGO into the process of world international affairs.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 09:21:39 PM »

I'll try my best Mr. Vice President. Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 04:49:35 PM »

Excellent plan, True Independent.  I look forward to following your progress on your tour.

MAS, would you say that your support for the legal recognization of Sealand is more in common with the Atlasian view of Taiwan, or with the view of West Atlasia?  If it happens to be the former, why do you place yourself in opposition to a strong ally of ours (Great Britain)?
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 06:09:11 PM »

I will be making a press release at the end of my trip on what happened each day.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 06:35:45 PM »

Here is the foreign policy review:

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Office_of_the_Secretary_of_State

I thought it would be easier to maintain in the wiki.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 09:24:33 AM »

Excellent work, Mr. Secretary. Smiley
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 02:40:33 PM »

I would like to bring the Secretary's attention to human rights abuses in the Maldives.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 02:57:42 PM »

Also, I would like to file a formal protest about this sentence in the entry of Brasil,
"We would like to encourage their continued efforts to restrict small arms control in a nation where there is a gun death every fifteen minutes."

It seems that if the federal government is so quick to encourage gun control abroad, what can be their plans for action at home?
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 07:07:21 PM »

I would like to bring the Secretary's attention to human rights abuses in the Maldives.

I'm currently looking into this issue.  Thanks for pointing this out.

Also, I would like to file a formal protest about this sentence in the entry of Brasil,
"We would like to encourage their continued efforts to restrict small arms control in a nation where there is a gun death every fifteen minutes."

It seems that if the federal government is so quick to encourage gun control abroad, what can be their plans for action at home?

This is not my area of control.  My personal opinions on domestic gun control has nothing to do with this.  Also, it should be notable that Brazil is a different country than Atlasia and requires different solutions.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 08:11:37 PM »

I am here to announce a plan to reform the United Nations Security Council.  Since the UN was founded over 50 years ago, the political, economic, and cultural landscape of the world has changed.  No longer are the current P5 nations the most powerful.  Change is needed.  I will be traveling to New York tomorrow to present a resolution to the Security Council involving the following characteristics:

1. Germany, Brazil, South Africa, Egypt, India, and Japan are added as permanent members of the Security Council without veto rights.

2. 10 new rotating seats are added.  Two of these seats shall be for the African bloc, two for the Americas, three for Asia, and one for Western Europe, one for Eastern Europe, and one that rotates every two years between Asia and Africa.

3. At the conclusion of all Security Council meetings (including informal meetings) the President of the Council shall release a statement declaring what the ideas presented in the meeting were.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005, 09:20:01 PM »

After speaking to the United Nations in New York tomorrow, I will be departing immediately for Israel to meet with Prime Minister Ariel Sharon.  Details will be released later.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005, 09:46:20 PM »

and so you eliminate the right of Australia and the Pacific states to representation? Shame on you, Mr. Secretary Wink
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2005, 09:50:01 PM »

and so you eliminate the right of Australia and the Pacific states to representation? Shame on you, Mr. Secretary Wink

Well, India is close enough. Tongue
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005, 09:51:28 PM »

Yeah, cos Fiji'd LOVE to be clumped in with India....Tongue
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2005, 10:25:10 PM »

I can't wait till Jake sees this.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2005, 01:01:52 AM »

Yeah, this plan's worthlessness is only eclipsed by the honorable Secretary's stupidity.

1. South Africa is added as a Permenant Member of the UN Security Council.

I only have to ask why South Africa? South Africa is the anti-thesis of a nation that deserves a spot on the Security Council. Maybe when they can actually provide their populace with a decent life and when their government stops ignoring HIV/AIDS, we can give them consideration. Until then, the Communists should be kept as far away from power in the UN as possible.

2. Egypt becomes a permenant member of the UN Security Council.

Again, why the Fcuk did you pick Egypt? Are we now deciding to just randomly select nations for this seat? Also, Egypt gets a seat, but not Israel. That will play well I'm sure.

3. Permenant membership is actually increased.

This is the opposite of what we need in the UN. The only nations that are important enough geopolitically to merit permenant seats are the USA and possibly China. Of the rest, they should be divided into geographically and political blocks which each elect a member. For instance, East Asia, Oceania/SE Asia, Middle East/Saharan Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, South America, and North and Central America. Then give Israel a permenant seat to balance out the Middle Eastern representative. That creates a tidy eleven member council dominated with a halfway decent apportionment of seats, rather than your 21 seat mess of a plan outlined above. Oh yeah, remove veto power permenantly.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2005, 06:18:01 PM »

1. South Africa is added as a Permenant Member of the UN Security Council.

I only have to ask why South Africa? South Africa is the anti-thesis of a nation that deserves a spot on the Security Council. Maybe when they can actually provide their populace with a decent life and when their government stops ignoring HIV/AIDS, we can give them consideration. Until then, the Communists should be kept as far away from power in the UN as possible.

2. Egypt becomes a permenant member of the UN Security Council.

Again, why the Fcuk did you pick Egypt? Are we now deciding to just randomly select nations for this seat? Also, Egypt gets a seat, but not Israel. That will play well I'm sure.

Well, the thinking is that you need a permament member from each region.  I'll show my thinking for each new member:

Brazil: Latin America, strongest and largest nation in Latin Amercica

Egypt: Middle East, need a nation that is not too extremist, that Israel will agree to, and a nation that the Middle East will agree to, and I see Egypt as the only answer, as Turkey is not really considered to be in the Middle East by many nations

South Africa: Need an African nation.  I would look at either Nigeria or South Africa, but went with South Africa.  Either choice would be fine, but I feel that South Africa is a better choice because it is a more globalized and a less crisis stricken country.

Germany: 3rd largest economy and contributor to the UN, enough said

Japan: Need a noncommunist Asian country, 2nd largest contributor and economy in the world

India: Need a SE Asian country.  India is going to be the largest country in the world soon, and it needs representation.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I must respectfully disagree.  I believe that keeping the current ratio of permament to nonpermament seats is an effective way of maintaing the smaller state to large state ratio.  Also, the veto is an extremely important power that should be taken away.  I would even agree to the possibility of a dual veto.  But, we have to be realistic here, no nation on the council is going to agree to give up its veto.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2005, 12:30:54 PM »

Here is a press statement about what my trip to Israel will be about:

I will be meeting with both Ariel Sharon and Mahmoud Abbas about Atlasia's position on the state of Israel the possible creation of Palestine.  (see the foreign policy review for the view of the state deparment).

I will visit Jerusalem, Gaza, Tel Aviv, and Galilee.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies