Department of State
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:53:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of State
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Department of State  (Read 12492 times)
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2005, 04:50:32 PM »

I got back from my trip to Europe (though the GM didn't comment on it), and I believe it was pretty successful.

I would just like to announce that a world summit on Iraq will be held this week.  More details will come later.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2005, 07:34:24 PM »

A world conference on the situation in Iraq will be held from December 20-23.

All G8 nations are invited plus any other nation wishing to attend that has a vested interest in democracy in Iraq.  This conference will be held at Camp David, and President Joe Repubic will be attending some of the high level meetins.

Also, SAM LOOK HERE, LOOK, PUT THIS IN THE NEWS, LOOK Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2005, 12:33:46 AM »
« Edited: December 21, 2005, 12:35:26 AM by Sam Spade (GM) »

All G8 nations are invited plus any other nation wishing to attend that has a vested interest in democracy in Iraq.  This conference will be held at Camp David, and President Joe Repubic will be attending some of the high level meetins.

I am going to put it in the news.  However, because of logistic constraints (not my own, this is a little real-life put in), the conference will be unable to happen until the week of January 8 (January 10-13, if you want it to be Tuesday through Friday). 

Also, the meeting will either be with G8 countries (maybe China also) or our closest allies in the conflict (including Poland and Denmark).  I have put it as the G8 countries in the article, but that can change.

Your choice.

Actually, let me clarify that.  You can have a world summit, with over 30 countries there, but that will not be able to happen till mid-February.

Thought I should add that, sorry.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2005, 07:16:43 AM »

I am going to put it in the news.  However, because of logistic constraints (not my own, this is a little real-life put in), the conference will be unable to happen until the week of January 8 (January 10-13, if you want it to be Tuesday through Friday). 

Also, the meeting will either be with G8 countries (maybe China also) or our closest allies in the conflict (including Poland and Denmark).  I have put it as the G8 countries in the article, but that can change.

Your choice.

Actually, let me clarify that.  You can have a world summit, with over 30 countries there, but that will not be able to happen till mid-February.

That's fine.  Also, I think you missed my trip to Eurpope here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=31696.msg738335#msg738335
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2005, 11:17:20 PM »

Your choice.

That's fine.  Also, I think you missed my trip to Eurpope here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=31696.msg738335#msg738335

I saw it.  I just hadn't finished the article on it.

Your TSR report I should have done by tomorrow, sorry.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2005, 11:52:21 PM »

Your TSR report I should have done by tomorrow, sorry.

We're putting new cover sheets on all of our TSR reports now before they go out.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2005, 08:27:20 PM »

Press Release

For too long have the people of Belarus suffered.  I fear that the coming election, like the last few, will not be fair.  President Lukashenko, who had term limits removed to run again, will again probably not be allowing the opposition parties full rights.  More agressive action must be taken.  I will be traveling to the UN to ask the Security Council to impose sanctions against this nation until full rights are given.  The last dictatorship in Europe must allow their people basic rights.  Furthermore, I will petition the EU and CIS to put pressure on President Lukashenko.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2005, 09:06:51 AM »
« Edited: December 28, 2005, 12:42:10 PM by SoS True Independent »

This upcoming weekend I shall be making a trip to South Africa.

I plan on meeting with President Thabo Mbeki to talk mainly about AIDS prevention in both his country and in all of Africa.  I will speak in front of the South African Congress in Cape Town.  Also, if President Republic signs the Foreign Aid Reduction bill, I will restructure the foreign aid to include a significant amount of AIDs funding.  I will ask for President Mbeki's suggestion on how much is needed.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2006, 10:56:26 AM »

Bump, any comments or questions?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2006, 09:37:52 PM »

Wear a bulletproof vest at the press conference.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2006, 09:42:59 PM »

You have my full blessing in reallocating the South African financial aid to fight the AIDS epidemic more effectively.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2006, 09:44:18 PM »

You have my full blessing in reallocating the South African financial aid to fight the AIDS epidemic more effectively.

Disgusting
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2006, 09:45:03 PM »

May I ask what is so 'disgusting' about trying to stop people dying?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2006, 09:46:52 PM »

The "Atlasia" part of trying to stop it.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2006, 09:52:32 PM »

An epidemic of any kind does not care about political boundaries.  Any way that such a terrible disease can be eliminated before it worsens the problem here is something all of us should be supporting.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2006, 09:55:13 PM »

No. Mostly because what makes it bad in Africa does not exist here.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2006, 09:56:52 PM »

I'll try to post a complete allocation of the foreign aid by the end of the week, though I can't promise anything. (Sam, I need what the South African President said and stuff about my UN trip about Belarus, please Smiley)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2006, 10:06:23 PM »

No. Mostly because what makes it bad in Africa does not exist here.

So?  As long as the disease flourishes anywhere in the world, there is a risk of infection among Atlasian citizens.  In any case, you seem quite happy to let millions of people die.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2006, 10:11:50 PM »

Nah, just quite happy to have Atlasia's money go somewhere where it will improve our position in the world, not a third world hellhole that doesn't even believe in AIDS.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2006, 10:16:50 PM »

Not having part of our population wiped out by a sudden outbreak of a lethal disease would certainly 'improve our position'.  And the reason that many South Africans don't believe in it is because they lack the necessary education on the subject.  Hence, the relief organizations need resources to help improve that situation.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2006, 10:31:40 PM »

Your first point is invalid, simply because AIDS cannot become a massive epidemic here anymore unless the Senate decides to import a sh!t load of infected Africans and let them run wild, screwing our citizenry at will.

Your second point is similarily invalid as the President of South Africa refuses to accept AIDS. He is hardly uneducated. Unless by uneducated, you mean black.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2006, 10:41:42 PM »

It does not take a 'sh!t load' of infected Africans to start an epidemic here.  If we really wanted to be dramatic, all it would really take is one person, and it snowballs from there.

As for President Mbeki, we needn't necessarily count on his blessing for our cause.  He may disagree with elements of it, but that doesn't matter.  What needs to be done will be done.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2006, 10:50:18 PM »

HIV is not a disease that can reach epidemic proportions in the west, again, unless people attempt to spread it. It's simply the nature of our society that prevents it. Do an enormous percentage of married men sleep with infected prostitutes? No.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2006, 10:59:18 PM »

I can't imagine there's anything else I can say that will convince you that saving millions of lives is a good thing, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.  Unless you can suggest any other ways of spending the financial aid that is already destined for South Africa anyway, then I still give my aforementioned blessing to Secretary True Independent for his plan.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2006, 01:02:10 AM »

Why are we aiding a nation that matters little to our nation anyway? If we want to spend money smartly, we could try appropriating it smartly to fight things that actually affect America. Try Columbian drugs for one.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies